You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC games wiped from the memory

1987/8 FA Cup run. Away to Stoke. A miserable rainy day in a horrible, dilapidated stadium with a pitch fit only for mud wrestling. One of the greatest ever Liverpool teams were reduced to a dire game where they couldn't pass along the ground or even run with the ball. We drew 0-0 although Hooper had to pull off a great save towards the end to keep us in the cup. Even the coach journey was quiet and miserable.

We took them back to a proper pitch at Anfield and battered them a week or so later

Id rather that effort went past Hooper then we wouldn't have had the crazy gang vs culture club final. Did Hooper ever do anything decent, I just remember him as the big ugly ginger fucker on my team posters.

Incidentally, where we actually ever called the culture club back then?

Id rather that effort went past Hooper then we wouldn't have had the crazy gang vs culture club final. Did Hooper ever do anything decent, I just remember him as the big ugly ginger fucker on my team posters.

Harsh, Hooper wasnt great but he played about half the season of the greatest Liverpool team that I've watched on a regular basis.

And I have never heard the expression Culture Club before. Possibly I blocked it out from my memory but I can't imagine our fans liking it much in the 80's

No.

When the team's are coming out the tunnel I think it's John Motson who says it on the BBC coverage. That was the only time I heard it.

Liverpool games wiped from memory? 1985 European cup final, obvious reasons. 87 League cup, 88 Fa cup, 89 Title decider, 96 Fa cup, 2005 League cup final, 2007 Athens, 2012 Fa cup final. Just about every other we've lost really as well, plus the one's we've won where I've been bladdered.

2007 Milan.

I've never watched a recording of it and never will.

Caught a highlights of the game on Eurosport a while back. Wish I hadn't done. That game was was so much one for the taking it was unreal. Spent a bloody fortune getting there only to see us get beat. Then just remember the lashing rain the following morning heading back to the airport for home. What a pisser of a trip.

When the team's are coming out the tunnel I think it's John Motson who says it on the BBC coverage. That was the only time I heard it.

Liverpool games wiped from memory? 1985 European cup final, obvious reasons. 87 League cup, 88 Fa cup, 89 Title decider, 96 Fa cup, 2005 League cup final, 2007 Athens, 2012 Fa cup final. Just about every other we've lost really as well, plus the one's we've won where I've been bladdered.

Thank you for clarification, it really pisses me off anytime there is talk of a giant killing or an underdog in a final that the culture club/ crazy gang shit gets a mention. The 89 decider hurt but the club had bigger tragedies at that time.

Id say the 1988 cup final is my worst childhood memory, I guess I had a sound childhood if that's the case.

Caught a highlights of the game on Eurosport a while back. Wish I hadn't done. That game was was so much one for the taking it was unreal. Spent a bloody fortune getting there only to see us get beat. Then just remember the lashing rain the following morning heading back to the airport for home. What a pisser of a trip.

I spent a bloody fortune on that as well. Went to every CL home game that season, including the qualifier only to see us lose to a team (albeit a very good team) that should never have been in the tournament due to their part in the Italian match fixing scandal. Major pisser. The Nazi staff at the ground and the airport kind of set the tone for how shit that day was gonna be.

The thing I've seen from that game since was Kuyt's goal.

This. That was deffo motson that came out with that culture club shite as well!

Mancs knocking us out 1985 Fa cup semi replay hurt as well. knowing we would've played Everton in the final for the first time.

This. That was deffo motson that came out with that culture club shite as well!

Mancs knocking us out 1985 Fa cup semi replay hurt as well. knowing we would've played Everton in the final for the first time.

Sometimes things happen for a reason (been watching too much George Groves), that season Everton had beaten us twice and just won the league and cup winners cup so maybe losing to the Mancs as painful as it was, was better than losing to them (not saying we would) and the bitters doing the double / treble........At our expense.

Besides we would always meet them the following season in the Cup and we all know how that ended.....