You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC games wiped from the memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twFOax4vnls

Came across this the other day of a game I totally forgot about but after seeing the memories came flooding back, Paul Merson of all people running things against us no wonder I pushed it to the back of my brain.

One of if not the worst game of my young years supporting liverpool, we went their with god and mcmanaman and I remember not being able to understand how we had been beaten so convincingly in a semi final aswell.Theres a bit in the video where we try to clear the ball 4-5 times and it keeps coming back at us,thats how I remember the game going apart from brief spell where we had a chance of two at the end.

Any other games that were so bad that some lfc fans might not remember from recent years?

The cl final where we lost and 96 against manu are two obvious ones and are games I couldnt tell you a thing about how the 90 mins went as I didnt see the fa cup final and have never watched it while I could only stomach seeing the cl final once when it was live but Im sure there are more.

Edited by JermainePennant

I thought that was when we got turned over 3-0 by PSG in the ECWC semi, but am probably wrong. I struggle to remember what I wore yesterday most days now.

No your right I was even going to say I always remembered it as against psg, I totally forgot about this one, not surprising Roy was given the boot even though he was doing ok in the league.

A pretty gutless UEFA cup exit can't remember much about the game but the first leg was the Diouf spit incident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lol0qst54no

Went to both legs of that - Celtic is the loudest ground I have ever been in, was unbelievably loud. All I can remember about the 2nd leg was how many Celtic fans there were in all 4 sides of the ground, pockets of them everywhere.

Went to both legs of that - Celtic is the loudest ground I have ever been in, was unbelievably loud. All I can remember about the 2nd leg was how many Celtic fans there were in all 4 sides of the ground, pockets of them everywhere.

They get everywhere. Up there with our fans as the best in the world. 

Diouf you fucking little cunt. 

I was also at the chelsea 4:2 fa cup game. Fucking shitter that was. 2 nil up at half time, Macca running the show then that hughes cunt ruins it. I remember not being able to get 'flying high up in the sky' out of my head all the way home on the coach. Cunts. 

I always stumble on Liverpool games I forgot about, this is a 3-3 draw at Hillsborough, Michael Owen Hatrick

Wondering how I have no recollection of that match, then realising that was the year I spent in the US.

This was the days before Youtube and long before live streaming. I could only find out the score from match reports on the Internet.

There's only two matches I can remember from that entire season. The August home defeat to Leicester, which I went to, and the 1-1 Anfield Derby, which was screened live on ESPN at lunchtime. Ince scored our only goal in both.

From a football perspective, it was basically a lost year. Even now it seems bizarre.

I have never been more pissed off than after the Roy Hodgson-engineered 1-0 home defeat to Wolves. I avoided any 'highlights' in the aftermath & have got to the stage that I am now refusing to believe it ever happened.I am planning to extend this gradually to the whole Hodgson reign.

I wonder if Roy ever lies there at night wondering if his international skipper deliberately ballooned a penno to get shut of him from Liverpool.

when we beat Sion 6:3 in 1996

I remember it mostly for the Sion fans singing 'Liverpool, Liverpool'

The Kop responding with 'Sion,Sion'

great night that 

Isn't that the opposite of what this thread is supposed to be about?  Weird match - appropriately enough, it was Halloween?

Some good shouts on here, the 4-2 against chelsea is another painful one for me that I nearly had forgot about, two nil up in twenty minutes and we went on to crumble.

Also the 1-0 loss to soton at anfield under GH, I think out of all of the prem managers he gave us the most horror shows.

The 2-0 loss at home to city when anelka got two should have sealed Houlliers fate while there was also a home loss to crystal palace in the fa cup where they went down to ten men and heskey produced one of the worst finishes of all time when he went through one on one, that was the game I gave up on him and he never seemed to be the same player after that.