You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

He has a serious case of Jose Enrique Syndrome; far too wedded to his physical strength and invites way too much pressure for a central midfielder.

He hasn't kicked on at all and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was sold this summer.

THIS. Sick of him stopping the play to have a wrestle.

Give the lad a break. He has been poor for the last 3 games but still has great potential. He is younger than Kevin Stewart.

He'll be around for a time yet and I dont think we'll regret it longer term

I agree. He needs to deliver today though after a few not so good games!

Emre can survive when he has both Henderson & Wijnaldum around him; has quality on the ball when others are doing the hard work around him. But stick Can & Lucas in there together, and playing a pressing game in midfield is akin to Barca trying to play tiki-taka with Lee Carsley.

Emre can survive when he has both Henderson & Wijnaldum around him; has quality on the ball when others are doing the hard work around him. But stick Can & Lucas in there together, and playing a pressing game in midfield is akin to Barca trying to play tiki-taka with Lee Carsley.

it's no good.  Those three together are not good enough.  They weren't today, and they haven't been any time they've played together.  

it's no good.  Those three together are not good enough.  They weren't today, and they haven't been any time they've played together.  

Well, Henderson/Wijnaldum/Lallana is clearly head and shoulders the best possible 3 in midfield. We can just about survive 1 of those missing; 2 is calamatous. Unless Can adjusts dramatically then long term he probably doesn't fit this system: he has qualities, but they don't align.

They're work-rate merchants. Just not enough quality on the ball with that trio. That being said, considering our game-plan today, I thought they were alright.

At times battered Pogba, at times won the ball back, at times kept the ball well, at time drove on with it well but in the same breath at times he was slow on the ball, ponderous and gave it away. Sums his time up here in one game really. Step in the right direction so hopefully kicks on from here.

Starting to agree, unfortunately. He's clearly talented and has good physical attributes. I can put my finger on exactly what's wrong with him, sometimes he completely fucks up the easiest things. I think we'd be better off selling in the summer with a buy back and sell on clause in there and make sure he leaves knowing that there's a place for him here should he improve.

Starting to agree, unfortunately. He's clearly talented and has good physical attributes. I can put my finger on exactly what's wrong with him, sometimes he completely fucks up the easiest things. I think we'd be better off selling in the summer with a buy back and sell on clause in there and make sure he leaves knowing that there's a place for him here should he improve.

You're right, the physical and technical attributes are fine. Awareness, decision making and to some extent his passing is the problem. The first two will stop him from making it here.