Quantcast
Emre Can - Page 165 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Emre Can

On 04/09/2019 at 23:00, aws said:

Looks like he has gone backwards like most players who leave the club. 

No that's because he runs so slow in comparison to other players it looks like he's going backwards. 

Involved in some sort of fracas at the end of the Germany game , appeared to not want to applaud the German fans and was made to. Assume it was something to do with the German / Turkish issue with Ozil etc.

Still think this cat and Arsenal are a perfect match in the race for seventh. I don’t think he’d even make our match squad now. Certainly wouldn’t have him in over Hendo, Fabinho, Gini or Milner. 

I get that we’ve progressed massively, but the revisionism about Can is just bollix. He was really good here. A lot of talent, big, strong, good passer of a ball, developed a good eye for goal, backed himself and his teammates, he was versatile, could play 6, 8 and in a back 3, very rarely injured and usually played his best games against the biggest sides. Klopp almost always played him when available.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I get that we’ve progressed massively, but the revisionism about Can is just bollix. He was really good here. A lot of talent, big, strong, good passer of a ball, developed a good eye for goal, backed himself and his teammates, he was versatile, could play 6, 8 and in a back 3, very rarely injured and usually played his best games against the biggest sides. Klopp almost always played him when available.

That was a slower more methodical team,not the one we have now.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 16:42, VladimirIlyich said:

That was a slower more methodical team,not the one we have now.

That's not true at all. We're way more disciplined and methodical now. Until we signed van Dijk and became more defensively sound we were extremely open and expansive.

The problem with Can is Juve got him because he was a decent player on a free but when they signed Ronaldo their window to win became very short term. And as they've kept spending huge on transfer fees and wages to win now, they've built a massive squad and there's no more space for him. If he's smart, he won't fight for his place and he'll get out of there.

40 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's not true at all. We're way more disciplined and methodical now. Until we signed van Dijk and became more defensively sound we were extremely open and expansive.

The problem with Can is Juve got him because he was a decent player on a free but when they signed Ronaldo their window to win became very short term. And as they've kept spending huge on transfer fees and wages to win now, they've built a massive squad and there's no more space for him. If he's smart, he won't fight for his place and he'll get out of there.

That's his biggest challenge. 

On 10/09/2019 at 19:23, LFC 6 Times said:

He was good at a lot of things, but I don't think he's at the same level as any of our current midfield starters. It's the one section of the team that gets questioned, but Hendo, Gini, Fabinho and Milner have put in some huge performances over the last couple of years, especially in Europe. You don't reach two European Cup finals in a row and bring Manchester City to the last day in the league with a dodgy midfield.

• Upvote 3

On 10/09/2019 at 19:23, LFC 6 Times said:

At what price would you have him back? I'm not being a smartarse there. I was sorry to see him go because Liverpool weren't going to get something as good as him on a free transfer. That's still true. If he were still here, I'd say he'd still have a role. But would I like Liverpool to pay Fabinho money for him? No.

In our set up, with the attacking full backs, and a front three, we need solid, functioning, consistent midfielders. Can is not one of them. He does some good stuff, and some ridiculously shite stuff. Do not want.

• Upvote 3

The amount of times he seemed to get the ball and freeze for 2 seconds while someone dispossessed him. Nope. Can't have that and win a title. 

Very good player on a good day. Very shite on a bad one.

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I hope he had to watch tonight on some dodgy stream while the cable guy was there installing his new system.

I hope his IPTV kept buffering like fuck. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

He was decent here, but we replaced him with a better player in Fabinho. 

Like many other positions in the team, we went from barely adequate to best-in-class.

• Upvote 2

I’ve got no problems with Emre choosing to leave. He’s entitled to do what he believes is best for himself. Maybe going to Juve was a bad idea? He’s certainly not playing much over there in “cheatnation”.

Then again he wouldn’t get much time on the pitch with us either. A good but not excellent player fighting in the wrong weight class. Would probably be better off if he went to a club like Brighton or Stoke or something.