You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

Fuck him. If he treats us like cunts then they are welcome too him. He is fucking shit anyway. 

I do feel a bit like that - I'm not gutted he's going but am surprised we would sell to them! Still, hard to imagine him getting in their team at the moment...

I'm surprised this hasn't been bumped up today - just seen a few reports about that say Can could be going to City! Ok we have to except if it he runs his contract down but surely we couldn't let him go to a rival?

Agree that we shouldn't let him go to a rival. I'll be furious if he ends up at Burnley or Newcastle.

• Upvote 1

I can’t see him being a success at City if that’s where he ends up. He’s a good player and it looks like he’s going to get better but you look at City and think where does he get in? De Bruyne and Silva play their two attacking midfield positions. When Silva retires/leaves I can imagine Guardiola will go for a similar technical player. That leaves their holding midfield role. He just has too many lapses in concentration to play there.

If he goes there I think he will get chewed up like so many players do. After a season or so of them creaming themselves over the signing they will just go and spend 100m on the latest flavour of the month and he will be on the bench as their free signing. If he’s after money and some winners medals without contributing much then he will be happy but I think footballing wise it will be the end of his career.

Dortmund joined the race for him now. Dortmund, Juve, Bayern and Man City have so far been linked. Either he’s got a really good agent who’s making up these links or 4 of the best teams in Europe want him which means despite his flaws he’s pretty damn good, I can’t see him staying now, he’s already been offered the money packages from these clubs, they aren’t waiting until January to let him know what he’ll get going to one of them. He already knows, which means if he has chosen to stay here he’d have come and said and signed a new deal. It’s pathetic that we’ve let it come to this.

Dortmund joined the race for him now. Dortmund, Juve, Bayern and Man City have so far been linked. Either he’s got a really good agent who’s making up these links or 4 of the best teams in Europe want him which means despite his flaws he’s pretty damn good, I can’t see him staying now, he’s already been offered the money packages from these clubs, they aren’t waiting until January to let him know what he’ll get going to one of them. He already knows, which means if he has chosen to stay here he’d have come and said and signed a new deal. It’s pathetic that we’ve let it come to this.

Would do better back in Germany and would probably cement a starting place in the national team too. Wonder if Klopp may use him as a bargaining chip for Pulisic,say? Of course all this is probably agent talk but I do think he will go in the summer.

I can’t see him being a success at City if that’s where he ends up. He’s a good player and it looks like he’s going to get better but you look at City and think where does he get in? De Bruyne and Silva play their two attacking midfield positions. When Silva retires/leaves I can imagine Guardiola will go for a similar technical player. That leaves their holding midfield role. He just has too many lapses in concentration to play there.

I think Guardiola already did that this summer when he signed Silva's namesake Bernardo from Monaco.

I feel complete apathy towards Can really. I think we can find a better player for his position but then again it's pretty shit that the club have allowed the current situation to arise. Not that I'm surprised. Anyway, it seems an awful long time since anyone referred to him as a "Rolls Royce" player. Lolz.

I feel complete apathy towards Can really. I think we can find a better player for his position but then again it's pretty shit that the club have allowed the current situation to arise. Not that I'm surprised. Anyway, it seems an awful long time since anyone referred to him as a "Rolls Royce" player. Lolz.

More money that they're worth and shite acceleration? 

On a free?

NO, BECAUSE ON FOOTBALL MANAGER THEY MAKE THE ASSUMPTION THAT WE HAVE GIVEN HIM A NEW CONTRACT.

I SOLD MR E. CAN FOR £24M TO CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB AND I BOUGHT MR L. GORETZKA FOR £25.5M.

IT'S NOW 10 MARCH AND I'M TOP OF THE LEAGUE WITH 75 POINTS AND CHELSEA ARE IN 6TH WITH 53 POINTS. 

GORETZKA HAS 4 GOALS AND 14 ASSISTS AND IS VALUED AT £64M.  

CAN HAS 6 ASSISTS AND IS VALUED AT £23.5M

I WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN HIS CAREER.

• Upvote 5

NO, BECAUSE ON FOOTBALL MANAGER THEY MAKE THE ASSUMPTION THAT WE HAVE GIVEN HIM A NEW CONTRACT.

I SOLD MR E. CAN FOR £24M TO CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB AND I BOUGHT MR L. GORETZKA FOR £25.5M.

IT'S NOW 10 MARCH AND I'M TOP OF THE LEAGUE WITH 75 POINTS AND CHELSEA ARE IN 6TH WITH 53 POINTS. 

What a bizarre gimmick.

You are immediately better than the retards in charge of transfers and scouting. Send in this post as your CV and you’ll probably get a job.