You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

Thought he did well tonight although he made an error for their goal that other players would be criticised for.

like who?

he did what he could, Lucas and Henderson fucked up, look at the replays and check where Sigurdsson is just before the cross and where our players are, Lucas' player, wouldn't be an issue with well organized defense and intelligent DM.

like who?

he did what he could, Lucas and Henderson fucked up, look at the replays and check where Sigurdsson is just before the cross and where our players are, Lucas' player, wouldn't be an issue with well organized defense and intelligent DM.

A few have said that it was Sakho's fault.

I'd say Henderson, Skrtel and Can ahead of him.

Did alright. Probably suits him better than midfield, where he seems to be fucked after 20 minutes!

This isn't against Emre but, if he has time to chest the ball and volley it away on the 6 yard line, why the fuck isn't the keeper claiming it?

I'm not convinced by Can in the back three. The goal would have been avoided with a defender there instead of Can flailing out of position. Other teams will notice and target him soon. I'm not sure what he's best at, really. But i don't think it will be as a ball playing CB or DM. Emre Can, what are you?

I'm not convinced by Can in the back three. The goal would have been avoided with a defender there instead of Can flailing out of position. Other teams will notice and target him soon. I'm not sure what he's best at, really. But i don't think it will be as a ball playing CB or DM. Emre Can, what are you?

Strongly disagree.  In the 3-4-3 we often see our CBs have the most time on the ball and looking to pass the ball forward into midfield.  When Kolo Toure has time on the ball and looks to pass it forward into the midfield bad things happen.  That link between defence and midfield is key and having a genuine ball player in defence is a very good idea.  I think putting Can back there is a great move.

never a Sakho's fault. First Can of course, short legs... but what happened after shold have been avoided, Lucas & Henderson lost Gylfi, Sakho won a very difficult header with Bony and Skrtel was out of position.

It was Henderson's fault. He has Bony. Skrtel tells him to keep with Bony. If he does, chances are it fizzles out. But Henderson strolls away. Skrtel realises Bony is free but is unable to reach him and is now caught in no-man's land. Had Henderson done what he should have Sigurdsson will be covered by Skrtel. Sakho comes across to try and avert danger but his header is desperate (not really his fault). Sigurdsson gets it because Skrtel can't get to te space he would have been had Henderson done what he was told to do. It's Henderson's fault.

It was Henderson's fault. He has Bony. Skrtel tells him to keep with Bony. If he does, chances are it fizzles out. But Henderson strolls away. Skrtel realises Bony is free but is unable to reach him and is now caught in no-man's land. Had Henderson done what he should have Sigurdsson will be covered by Skrtel. Sakho comes across to try and avert danger but his header is desperate (not really his fault). Sigurdsson gets it because Skrtel can't get to te space he would have been had Henderson done what he was told to do. It's Henderson's fault.

This isn't aimed just at you, but why to we have to apportion the blame, does it make us feel better once we have persecuted someone for a lapse in concentration. I could understand if we had just lost and the autopsy of the game was going on, but we won and played very well whilst winning, in fact I would say this was our best performance of the season. Everyone played well, only down side was mig's kicking again.