You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

I can't fathom why the number one target for the summer is getting literally no game time. He's either injured or Rodgers has completely lost the plot. Or was he not a Rodgers target? This is so beyond fucked up its unreal.

One of the first signings he made last summer. Chased after him for a while too. Definitely his signing,

I'm not wrong, been saying he's just ok at his best and nothing more, he does not suit our style at all, holds the ball for too long, presses aimlessly, takes too many needless turns, flicks and touches, can't play as a midfielder and while playing as "10" blocks Sterling and Coutinho. Far more style than substance, fascinates people because of his un-english style of play. Benayoun/Luis Garcia/Cole/Taarabt bracket

Then why did Brendan sign him?

I'm not wrong, been saying he's just ok at his best and nothing more, he does not suit our style at all, holds the ball for too long, presses aimlessly, takes too many needless turns, flicks and touches, can't play as a midfielder and while playing as "10" blocks Sterling and Coutinho. Far more style than substance, fascinates people because of his un-english style of play. Benayoun/Luis Garcia/Cole/Taarabt bracket

Nobody suits our style. In fact, we don't have a style. We're a disorganised rabble. And that's on the manager.

Lallana doesn't have Coutinho's talent. But he's more consistent, technically proficient, hard-working, and capable of assisting and scoring goals. The fact that his manager has no idea what to do with him (amongst others) reflects more poorly on the manager than the player.

• Upvote 2

25m for a bloke that only competes for a place.

Astonishing.

Can he play in Henderson's spot?

That could certainly do with being up for grabs on a more permanent basis round about now.

For only five million more than Lovren and Markovic, and nine million more than Balotelli, Lallana was an absolute steal.

That is, in our monumentally fucked up transfer universe.

• Upvote 4

For Southampton he played in the role Gerrard did when he was on fire with Torres back a few years ago. Everything went through him. To play that position for Southampton is different to playing it for Liverpool. At Liverpool or any top club that position is for exceptional players, Gerrards, Bergkamps, Suarez. Lallana is a good player, good feet, not a world beater. 

No idea where he will play for us in order to be a regular.

Think he's a good player but I don't think any British players currently alive today are anywhere approaching world class and, like Henderson, even at the top of his game would be chasing shadows against Europe's finest, which isn't what you want for £25 million really.

He's like a cherry on the cake signing though, a creative player - not in the top tier but certainly decent enough, although overpriced. Problem is we don't - and didn't - need a cherry on a cake, we needed a fucking cake.

At the fear of repeating myself, he was a very costly insurance policy for Coutinho (and to a degree Sterling). There's no way all three of them play regularly at the same time. This might not have been such a bad idea if Sturridge was fit (or even if Suarez wasn't sold, but I guess that was in the cards at the time Adam signed), much like the signing of Lambert would have made much more sense with Suarez and Sturridge in front of him.

With Sterling our only really quick player (with Sturridge out), he plays every game. It's therefore between Coutinho and Lallana for a starting spot. I think Coutinho is the better player (if just slightly), so I can't complain too much when we line up as we do. 

We could go...

-------------------Mig--------------------

Manq----Skrtel---------Sakho----Moreno

-----------------Lucas--------------------------

----------Henderson--Coutinho-------------

Sterling-------Sturridge-----------Lallana

...if Rodgers has the balls to drop Gerrard, as Lucas would give us the needed cover defensively to include Coutinho in our midfield three. He does his best work higher up the field though (like Sterling and Lallana), so I don't think we'll see it (unless at home against "weaker" teams.