You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Still can't work out what he is, and i'd rather Markovic over him any day of the week. He's a good squad player, which sounds rediculous for a £25m player.

But that's what happens at big dirty clubs, like us.

Except when you look at all the other clubs who want to win stuff. They've all got 20 million + players on the bench. He cost more than he should, but oh well, if he keeps playing well and scoring goals who gives a hoot. 

Gerrard and Lucas' school of tracking back, top drawer.

he won't, he is what he is, he's almost 26, hasn't been playing out of position, whole formation is set up to suit him

Okay, but he's now getting used to his team-mates. Some of his interplay with Coutinho was awesome last night. He's also got a dynamic excellent centre forward to come back who makes great runs. Further to that he is obviously starting to find his confidence and feel at home.

I'll finally point out that Suarez in his last season was much better than the season before at a very similar age to Lallana.

So in summary, you are wrong.

• Upvote 2

He's starting to find his feet at Liverpool. He looks a player. Moves well, two footed, good vision, can pick a pass, dribble off either foot and weigh in with goals. There's a lot to like. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Coutinho/Lallana/Sterling do well behind Sturridge. That front four has a lot going for it, with an improving Markovic to factor into the equation, as well as the skipper. 

I'd like to see Henderson and Can in the midfield, with Lucas and Allen as their back up, based on current options. 

• Upvote 1

I think Lallana's settling in, finding his fitness and form. Plus he's probably adapting to his new teammates and club expectations.

Must admit, havent been one of his biggest fans but his recent performances are winning me over. Really hope he continues like this because he will be an assett.

"Under their skin"

I haven't been one of his biggest fans either but I've never said it was a stupid signing, Expensive yes but undeniably talented.Last night he was brilliant in the second half but was average at best in the first, If he can find some consistency then he will be a great asset . 

Still can't work out what he is, and i'd rather Markovic over him any day of the week. He's a good squad player, which sounds rediculous for a £25m player.

I know you are renowned for chatting some serious shit on here but that takes the fucking piss 

• Upvote 4

He's a very good player that seems to be benefitting from getting the run in the team he's needed. Plus he got injured in pre-season and that's not helped him.

Probably overpriced, but that's not his fault and I certainly wouldn't hold it against him that much anyway as I think he will deliver enough for us in the long run.

agree.

Lallana is a winger or a 10, he can't play in midfield, he's useless there

I'll finally point out that Suarez in his last season was much better than the season before at a very similar age to Lallana.

jesus fucking christ.

He's starting to find his feet at Liverpool. He looks a player. Moves well, two footed, good vision, can pick a pass, dribble off either foot and weigh in with goals. There's a lot to like. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Coutinho/Lallana/Sterling do well behind Sturridge. That front four has a lot going for it, with an improving Markovic to factor into the equation, as well as the skipper. 

I'd like to see Henderson and Can in the midfield, with Lucas and Allen as their back up, based on current options. 

I want to see  Can a bit more of him in the position he played last night, he looked assured and gave me confidence, something our defenders have not done in a long time. 

comparing Suarez with Average Adam after one decent season is quite mental. Lallana is an average mediocre midtable player after once decent year in PL, gash year before that, Suarez is Suarez, behave. 

I quite clearly wasn't comparing their abilities. I was suggesting that players can still improve when they are 26 and using Suarez as an example.