You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Not sure what kind of team Southampton will have come start of the season, Shaw, Lallana, Lambert already gone,Lovren, Chambers and Schniederlin looking to be on their way, Rodriquez too if he wasn't injured.

How much have they got from that lot?

Shaw £30m.

Lallana £25m.

Lambert £4m.

Chambers? Seen figures between £12m and £16m. The £7m figure was just upfront, I think.

Lovren £20m.

Schneiderlin? "More than £27m" apparently.

How much of it do you reckon they'll spend? 25%?

The great net spend wars are heading to the South Coast.

How much have they got from that lot?

Shaw £30m.

Lallana £25m.

Lambert £4m.

Chambers? Seen figures between £12m and £16m. The £7m figure was just upfront, I think.

Lovren £20m.

Schneiderlin? "More than £27m" apparently.

How much of it do you reckon they'll spend? 25%?

The great net spend wars are heading to the South Coast.

120 odd million

Looks like a fairly clear case of asset stripping to me. Either the owner wanted a big payday, or the owner wanted a big payday plus another big payday when the club is sold. 

Best case scenario for them is that Koeman knows lots of bargains, invests half the money and builds a new team from the off. In all likelihood they will struggle, and I can't see them getting close to what they were last season. 

Saints have been developing and selling players for top dollar since I was about 10.  They're just the very best in the business at it domestically.  I'm surprised we've not plundered their youth coaches and any of the brains behind the scenes, along with much of their team, given the direction we want to go in. 

Never remember them doing the lot in one summer though but.  The chances of them being in disarray are huge.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Saints have been developing and selling players for top dollar since I was about 10.

It's definitely been longer than three years, mate.

• Upvote 2

Guest davelfc

Maybe they can take some of our left overs, you know with all that cash they have. Would make for an interesting match against them. 

• 1 month later...

I thought he did well in his first full game for the club.shame he missed the whole pre season so is playing catch up. Showed some nice touches tonight especially for Suso's goal, although he slipped a few times and seemed hesitant to shoot, should back his own ability as he is a great striker of the ball. I think he'll prove to be a good player.

Brilliant movement from him, always looking to do something, we're missing that in the final third. I say get all the tricky passing fucks together and have a go at this football malarkey. Him, Allen, Hendo, Coutinho and Sterling feeding Sturridge with one dropping out to make way for Mario when we go two up top. Allen as the holding mid with Stevie coming in for the right games.