You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

He did fuck all in his 5 minutes against Italy, and fuck all in his 20 minutes against Uruguay, but everyone knows that you don't sign players based on world cups (Phil Babb), and likewise you don't not sign players because they couldn't get into the game in a world cup when brought on as a late substitute by a manager who has no clue.

First time Zidane played in an international tournament (Euro 96) he was terrible.

So Lallana will be a cross between Phil Babb and Zinadine Zidane.

• Upvote 2

But if we hadn't signed Babb we'd have been denied the hilarious sight of him sliding into the Anfield Rd goalpost, bollocks first.

I was still in my youthful tragic stage back in those days where I wouldn't hear a bad word about any of our players and thought we'd win the league every season, but I always thought Phil Babb would have turned out a lot better if Roy hadn't played him in the system he did.

If he'd been part of a pair with a dominant centre back who won things in the air and bossed the line so he could just mark and tidy up with his pace he would have been better.  With our back 3 at the time he had to get on the ball far too much, which really didn't suit him.  And Ruddock as the middle defender had no pace whatsoever to cover.  Just a bit of a weird set up really.  Although the midfield 3 and the attack worked pretty well.

So england are out(ha ha ha ha) without Lallana doing anything worth mentioning. Is his price still £30m?

I think it may have been better for us if he played in the England team that failed.

There was talk after the match that England missed him and he could play in that meaningless game with costa rica and shine.

We have been after him long enough now anyway, if he wants the move he should put in a request.