You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Not like you to make snap judgements.

Not a snap judgement though, in fact I find it staggering how people think buying half of a team that finished 6 places below us will improve us.

I like lambert, but of we end up with lallana and Lovern also we'll compare this summer to 2002 and 2008 in coming years

Charlie Adam had similar stats for Blackpool, Adam and Shelvey had similar stats last season for stoke and Swansea, should we buy them back?

Not one other team wants him and we're offering £25m for a player who didn't play a top flight game till he was 24.

He's not a bad player, like Allen he's just very average, and if your north of £20m you expect a bit more than that.

No, because Shelvey and Adam did fuck all whilst they where here. 

I agree on the price, its silly money and i would be expecting some one like pedro/sanchez/rues for that money. When PSG spend 40million quid on david luiz, you know the transfer market is fucked. 

Will Rodgers have a say on what we pay for Lallana, or will that come down to the committee? If Rodgers thinks he's worth 25mill, then im happy for us to pay it. 

Did we buy 2 of his team mates also? We bought 2 players from a relegated side in 1991 and our worst league season for years followed.

My point is you judge the player. It doesn't matter if they came from Southampton or Barcelona.

I see you're now claiming some fella from Benfica is better than Lallana. Do you watch much Portuguese football?

If we were buying a Spanish International who was in the La Liga team of the season from the team that finished 6th in that league then no doubt loads would be excited. It's daft to judge him on his team. If he's good enough (and he is) then that should be enough.

Oh, and Shaw is not shit. That view is almost as odd as your frankly weird view that Kompany is shit too.

My point is you judge the player. It doesn't matter if they came from Southampton or Barcelona.

I see you're now claiming some fella from Benfica is better than Lallana. Do you watch much Portuguese football?

If we were buying a Spanish International who was in the La Liga team of the season from the team that finished 6th in that league then no doubt loads would be excited. It's daft to judge him on his team. If he's good enough (and he is) then that should be enough.

Oh, and Shaw is not shit. That view is almost as odd as your frankly weird view that Kompany is shit too.

My view on Kompany eh! Let's see I was having a discussion with a poster who was claiming he was the best CB he'd seen in years and he was imperious , I said he was overrated and always has a mistake in him, a matter of hours later he gifts us 3 goals. Most overrated CB in the league.

Shaw is fast and can cross a ball, similar to Johnson similar to Enrique, we need our fullbacks to defend.

My comment on the Serbian lad was sarcastic, I obviously don't do sarcasm well.

Would Chelsea buy 3/4 players from a midtable side? Would city? Would united? If we do it it'll bite us in the arse, nothing surer.

City bought milner and Barry from villa, 2 lads from midtable semiclassical last year, rodwell and lescott from Everton. Utd bought regularly from spurs, Chelsea seem to do most of their shopping in benfica which is mid table England standard. In isolation all the Southampton lads we're supposedly after look good, it's a bit unusual but maybe makes more sense than trying to integrate a Swiss,urkainian,german and Brazilian lad into the squad, certainly more likely to settle in without disruption.

City bought milner and Barry from villa, 2 lads from midtable semiclassical last year, rodwell and lescott from Everton. Utd bought regularly from spurs, Chelsea seem to do most of their shopping in benfica which is mid table England standard. In isolation all the Southampton lads we're supposedly after look good, it's a bit unusual but maybe makes more sense than trying to integrate a Swiss,urkainian,german and Brazilian lad into the squad, certainly more likely to settle in without disruption.

Did they buy them all in one summer? It's one thing picking off a teams best player like we have with say Henderson and Allen, but buying 3 from a midtable side one summer and expecting them to improve 1 if the best teams in the country, and spending near £50m in the process, lunacy

Charlie Adam had similar stats for Blackpool, Adam and Shelvey had similar stats last season for stoke and Swansea, should we buy them back?

Not one other team wants him and we're offering £25m for a player who didn't play a top flight game till he was 24.

He's not a bad player, like Allen he's just very average, and if your north of £20m you expect a bit more than that.

I'm not sure where to start with this one,

Lallana is the polar opposite of Charlie Adam, Lallana is a good pro who acquits himself well to getting the best out his ability.

Not sure if no other team wants him, if the price was right and Lallana expressed a desire to go there, I'd bet on most clubs being interested.

The 25mil is a speculative price, who knows?

The age of 26 is the same as Fellaini joining the Mancs or Kenny joining us, Llallana is no Kenny(obviously) but to steer clear of players at the age of 26 is as short sighted as filling a side with 30 year old journeyman or 19 year old kids who may or or may not come good, he's got a good 6 or 7 good years to Liverpool football club left in him if good enough.

Allen is a bit better than average, has had injury problems and its not unreasonable to think he may improve now he's got a difficult settling in period behind him.

I'm not sure where to start with this one,

Lallana is the polar opposite of Charlie Adam, Lallana is a good pro who acquits himself well to getting the best out his ability.

Not sure if no other team wants him, if the price was right and Lallana expressed a desire to go there, I'd bet on most clubs being interested.

The 25mil is a speculative price, who knows?

The age of 26 is the same as Fellaini joining the Mancs or Kenny joining us, Llallana is no Kenny(obviously) but to steer clear of players at the age of 26 is as short sighted as filling a side with 30 year old journeyman or 19 year old kids who may or or may not come good, he's got a good 6 or 7 good years to Liverpool football club left in him if good enough.

Allen is a bit better than average, has had injury problems and its not unreasonable to think he may improve now he's got a difficult settling in period behind him.

Nothing to do with lallana age on its own, but he's 26 with 2 years top flight football despite playing for the most scouted team in Britain.

Anyway happy Father's Day my fellow fathers I'm off out for a pint

Would Chelsea buy 3/4 players from a midtable side? Would city? Would united? If we do it it'll bite us in the arse, nothing surer.

better dont mention Rush or Aldridge then, it doesn't matter were they are from, if the manager can utilise them, and shape them to his needs, I trust Brendan's liverpool ethics

better dont mention Rush or Aldridge then, it doesn't matter were they are from, if the manager can utilise them, and shape them to his needs, I trust Brendan's liverpool ethics

Yep, both Houghton and Aldridge from Oxford in 1987. Can't remember what happened in the 1987-88 season, but we must have been SHIT.

• Upvote 1

Do you remember what happened in 1991/1992?

Lallana is the English Charlie Adam, decent player, but £20+ million, not even close to been worth it.

English Charlie Adam, come on man..

I agree with you on the fact he is overpriced and likely not the quality we need but no need to be a berk about it.