You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

If the mancs get anywhere near the title next season I'll felch Darren Fletcher.

I'm looking forward to the self-aggrandising, hubris-riddled rhetoric when Van Gaal takes over.

"He managed the biggest club in Holland, the biggest club in Spain, the biggest club in Germany, and now, he manages the biggest club on Planet Earth."

No doubt it will take self-mythologising to a level not seen since NWA started filling their bellies full of cocaine and bourbon.

• Upvote 1

United? Hijack? 

Perhaps when they miss out on Lallana to us, United fans can hijack a plane and fly it over Anfield with some characteristically witty banner about how they never wanted him in the first place but were merely foxing to drive up the price we paid.

Perhaps when they miss out on Lallana to us, United fans can hijack a plane and fly it over Anfield with some characteristically witty banner about how they never wanted him in the first place but were merely foxing to drive up the price we paid.

MUFC NO GIGGS NO WANT LALL LFC 0

• Upvote 2

MUFC 20 LALLANA 0

• Upvote 2

Don't get the armature club accountants criticism of the proposed Lallanna deal of 20 mil, 70 g a week.

I know some want to guard the dunkin donut money but I'd take Lallana at the 20 mil 70 g per week than Rooney 40mil, 300g. Willian 30 mil, 90g, Mata, 37mil, 150 g, Fellani 27mil, 90g, Lamela, 30mil, 70g.

I rate Llanna as good as any of the above bar Mata, although he could end up as good. I can't see the problem at the prices quoted of bringing a player of Lallanna's quality to the club.

Don't get the armature club accountants criticism of the proposed Lallanna deal of 20 mil, 70 g a week.

I know some want to guard the dunkin donut money but I'd take Lallana at the 20 mil 70 g per week than Rooney 40mil, 300g. Willian 30 mil, 90g, Mata, 37mil, 150 g, Fellani 27mil, 90g, Lamela, 30mil, 70g.

I rate Llanna as good as any of the above bar Mata, although he could end up as good. I can't see the problem at the prices quoted of bringing a player of Lallanna's quality to the club.

Sorry mate, I didn't realise you know exactly what lallana will be paid, and exactly what those players earn.

Here's the rub - football is subjective. £20m on him, seems like absolute madness to me, when we don't have a sarlacc sized wallet to begin with. He's had one really good season, and for a man of his age, that concerns me greatly. There's a reason the "form is temporary, class is permanent" line gets thrown around all the time.

So, for me, it's not just down to his cost versus the cost of other players, it's his cost, versus we're taking a massive gamble on a player that we can't afford to fail, on the back of one season.

Sorry mate, I didn't realise you know exactly what lallana will be paid, and exactly what those players earn.

Here's the rub - football is subjective. £20m on him, seems like absolute madness to me, when we don't have a sarlacc sized wallet to begin with. He's had one really good season, and for a man of his age, that concerns me greatly. There's a reason the "form is temporary, class is permanent" line gets thrown around all the time.

So, for me, it's not just down to his cost versus the cost of other players, it's his cost, versus we're taking a massive gamble on a player that we can't afford to fail, on the back of one season.

I obviously don't know the exact figures those players are on but according to reports there's no way Lallanna will be on anything like the amount the above players are getting per week. Compered to our rivals i wouldn't say Lallanna will be that expensive, though a lot of people seem concerned with the cost.

As for Lallanna being a one season wonder he has been picked in the team of the year awards in three of the last four years, although at a lower level. I wouldn't dismiss good Championship form, Ramsey, Allen, Bale, Ricky Lambert all learnt their trade in the lower leagues. Every signings a gamble but Lallanna far less of a gamble imo than most of the players we are being linked with.

The thing that people keep throwing around is 20m and stating 'one very good season'.

You guys realize that he's at one of the most defensive clubs in the league, right? I can't really expect him to blowing the doors off with goals and assists.

He's shown that he's got two good feet, solid footballing ability, work ethic, creativity, and vision.

What do you expect him to cost, and why do you expect him to fail?  

I'm a bit baffled, because to me, when I look at the player... I see him slotting in all over our midfield and even in our attack and doing well.  I'm not saying he's bang-on to do amazing things here, because every signing is a gamble... but he looks like he'll be perfect in our side.

As to the price, what the fucking fuck? He's never selling for less than 15-17m.  That's fairly unrealistic, as well, even if he jams in a transfer request, and slaps his cock on the owners face, too.

• Upvote 1