You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These Manc Plane Banners

Section_31

It puts Ferguson's assessment of potential title candidates, where he quite obviously failed to mention Liverpool despite them being thereabouts all season, nicely into perspective.

The bitterness has started from the top.

I was stupid enough to pay for that koptalk insider bollocks a few years ago and I have seen a lot of posters who were on it criticising him in recent years.

I have no problem with dunk he came up with an idea and people paid like they used to with those shitty phone numbers that used to be around, I blame the posters that used to be on there that put all testimonals up saying how great it was and all the inside info they were getting there.

He didn't force them to write them and they knew the insider stuff was all bollocks, the one thing I did get off there was about fowler coming back before it was in the press but that was by a poster and not dunk.

All in all koptalk is bollocks but anyone bitching about paying for it before needs to put the blame on themselves.

Man alive.

I went to the Everton Cup Winners Cup Final in 85' and loads of Blues used to travel when we were playing in Europe. It's an age thing and I guess it represented a different era in the city. Us and them was Scousers against the world. They were happy when we won and we were happy when they won. It was the friendly derby and when rival firms came to town, it was Merseyside vs Chelsea, United, Newcastle etc..not saying I agree with it but that's the way it was.

To be fair back then, Everton were a very big club. They certainly wouldn't be bringing out DVDs for beating us or for coming 5th in the league. Older blues view the younger ones as total nitwits from my experience and I really don't blame them.

I used to have a big soft spot for City (not so much now with all their money) and clubs like Sunderland and Southampton.

United are really in a league of their own though. They reckoned they were the biggest club in the world when they were in the old Division Two. They have such a massive level of entitlement. I remember being on holidays a few years ago when they were playing AC in the Champions League and one of them telling me that Kaka needs to leave because AC are small-time compared to United. I looked for a hint of a joke, but all I got back was a deadpan, gormless expression.

Spot on this

Growing up in Malvern most of the kids supported midlands teams or perhaps teams that their dads had a link to. The only one I had a problem with was a United fan, or as he preferred to call them Unihted. This sounded particularly stupid when his accent was naturally a bit ooh arrr. He could justify it though as he had been on a bus trip and stood in the stretford end and that was how they said it so what was the problem?

This twat had no connection with Manchester at all but the fact that I was a Liverpool fan with connections to the city and regularly visited wound him up no end.

They have always been twisted twats.

I guess he might get others to raise the money and then put Koptalk in bigger letters at the end of it as a publicity stunt..

He'd collect the money and tell everyone the fly over was happening on Saturday.

On the following Monday he'd tell everyone that there was a technical issue with the plane and it'd be happening the following weekend.

On the following Monday he'd tell everyone that due to ongoing techincal difficulties and a misunderstanding it'll happen in the 'near future.'

Then he'd not mention it anymore.

The when anyone asked about it he'd say it was 'in hand.'

Then when anyone asked about it they'd be banned and someone named DJ something-or-other would be posting that people should leave Dunc alone - don't the inconciderate bastards know his mum/wife/girlfiend (stop laughing at the back)/sister/brother/cousin/dog/cat/hamster/goldfish is terminally ill.

Time for a new collection....

Jesus, some of the way games back then were mental. Middlesborogh were my personal nightmare, with Leeds of course right up there. Actually, every game bar Everton and Coventry had a hint of danger about it.

Mind you, I picked up one of those daft hooligan books that was left on a plane written by some Cockney comedian (who says Chelsea fans don't have a sense of humour!). He was making out that his motley crew of Chelsea nuts struck fear in to the North of England with tales of his firm of 50 taking on whole towns in places like Middlesborough and Carlisle where even the SAS wouldn't go without air support. I didn't stop laughing from start to finish of it.

Remember my uncle saying he got snotted by a West Ham fan while he was just stood there eating chips, but ended up kicking shit out of him until he was crying on the floor and all his mates were laughing at him. Tales of hot tea and golf balls being thrown also abounded.

I remember being at the front of the Pyramid stage watching Bowie in 2000, when a frisbee thrown high as could be from over the other side dropped perfectly out of the sky and twatted me clean in the eye while my guard was down.  People chuckling everywhere there was, but I just stifled a moan like Roger Moore being punched in the guts.

I shit 1980's football hooliganism for breakfast.

• Upvote 3

I went to the Everton Cup Winners Cup Final in 85' and loads of Blues used to travel when we were playing in Europe. It's an age thing and I guess it represented a different era in the city. Us and them was Scousers against the world. They were happy when we won and we were happy when they won. It was the friendly derby and when rival firms came to town, it was Merseyside vs Chelsea, United, Newcastle etc..not saying I agree with it but that's the way it was.

To be fair back then, Everton were a very big club. They certainly wouldn't be bringing out DVDs for beating us or for coming 5th in the league. Older blues view the younger ones as total nitwits from my experience and I really don't blame them.

I used to have a big soft spot for City (not so much now with all their money) and clubs like Sunderland and Southampton.

United are really in a league of their own though. They reckoned they were the biggest club in the world when they were in the old Division Two. They have such a massive level of entitlement. I remember being on holidays a few years ago when they were playing AC in the Champions League and one of them telling me that Kaka needs to leave because AC are small-time compared to United. I looked for a hint of a joke, but all I got back was a deadpan, gormless expression.

I remember after the Milk Cup Final replay at Maine Road 84 there weren't quite enough buses put on to take fans back to the station and I ended up in a group of about 50-60 who had to walk to from Moss Side to the City Centre. 

We had just won our first of 3 trophies yet unless someone was wearing their colours I couldn't have told you who was a red or a blue. Some lads older than me were stood on the corner calling all the stragglers and disbanded groups over to them so we could walk back as one group. Everyone was looking out for eachother and whenever the group got stretched someone would be shouting at them to catch up so they weren't picked off ' Stay close together Merseyside' I remember hearing.

I doubt if that would happen now.

• Upvote 3

I remember after the Milk Cup Final replay at Maine Road 84 there weren't quite enough buses put on to take fans back to the station and I ended up in a group of about 50-60 who had to walk to from Moss Side to the City Centre. 

We had just won our first of 3 trophies yet unless someone was wearing their colours I couldn't have told you who was a red or a blue. Some lads older than me were stood on the corner calling all the stragglers and disbanded groups over to them so we could walk back as one group. Everyone was looking out for eachother and whenever the group got stretched someone would be shouting at them to catch up so they weren't picked off ' Stay close together Merseyside' I remember hearing.

Oh and not a copper in sight by the way until we hit the City Centre.

I remember being at the front of the Pyramid stage watching Bowie in 2000, when a frisbee thrown high as could be from over the other side dropped perfectly out of the sky and twatted me clean in the eye while my guard was down. People chuckling everywhere there was, but I just stifled a moan like Roger Moore being punched in the guts.

I shit 1980's football hooliganism for breakfast.

Got hit in face by a flying can of beer at a gig once, side of the can whacked me right in the forehead. Beer everywhere, but not on me... Since the side of the can struck me it didn't even hurt. People all around me chuckling, but they were the ones stinking of red stripe, I didn't get a drop on me. Bulletproof.

Man... I miss TJs.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I remember - and expecting an ambush when the police marched us down those alley ways to the ground. 

Yes, I remember - and expecting an ambush when the police marched us down those alley ways to the ground. 

Far as I can remember the group we were with didn't come across anyone at all on the way back. I think the prospect of 55,000 Scousers being in town deterred any would be ambushers!