You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

• 3 weeks later...

His kicking is embarrassing, its starting to cost us goals like the 2 today resulted from weak-arse kicking.

The kick that indirectly led to the second was absolutely shocking to see from a pro.

Mind you its not his fault Lovren is shit and we didn't have a midfielder tracking the runner right through the middle that scored the goal. 

Calamities everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I know the first goal too was from a weak arse goal kick that barley cleared the halfway line straight to 2 of their players, they scored directly from that. I'd let some one who can kick the ball over the halfway line take the goal kicks because he barley can.

The kick that indirectly led to the second was absolutely shocking to see from a pro.

Mind you its not his fault Lovren is shit and we didn't have a midfielder tracking the runner right through the middle that scored the goal. 

Calamities everywhere.

yep. Finger pointing everywhere for that goal a total embarrassment at this level. The kick was embarrassing then watching it back I still don't know what Lovern is trying to do. It's like he's tried to dive at the ball like a fish. And gerrard I don't think even knows theres a palace player making a run in the box.

It's a comical goal to conceded except I'm not seeing the funny side of it one bit.

yep. Finger pointing everywhere for that goal a total embarrassment at this level. The kick was embarrassing then watching it back I still don't know what Lovern is trying to do. It's like he's tried to dive at the ball like a fish. And gerrard I don't think even knows theres a palace player making a run in the box.

It's a comical goal to conceded except I'm not seeing the funny side of it one bit.

Lovren pussied out and threw himself on the deck. Thats how bad it/he is. Had he stayed on his feet he might have put the lad off but petulantly threw himself down like Robben cos he couldt be arsed and it might have absolved him in his own mind 'oh I lost footing', 

The bizarre thing is I can remember an interview before the Stoke game at the start of last season and he was saying he's got good feet because he used to play in midfield. 

David de Gea had some dodgy moments in his first season but has grown in to one of the best keepers in the league now. I'd like to think Mignolet would be developing in the same way but there's too many flaws in his game.

A few things about that free kick by mignolet;

It fucks me off no end seeing keepers take kicks like that out wide by the touchline. One day, some fucker is going to come a cropper when it goes to an oppo who fortutiously pops it straight into the net.

At a kick from the keeper, the oppos are normally marking every man so if the defender wins the header, I dont see how that qualifies as a 'poor kick' as was mentioned in the commentary yesterday.

It was fucking lashing down yesterday and the wings of the pitch were not good so its a lot easier than people think to have a waywad punt. That said, he should have been aiming for the centre of the pitch but then again, I suspect he's being told to find sterling down the wing.

Always baffled me how much shit Reina took, it's like he'd made people forget how bad goalies can be, virtually every one we've had since Clemence has been a clown.

It was obvious that getting rid of reina and replacing him with mignolet was never gonna work. It was a bit like sacking rafa and replacing him with roy. Its one thing wanting to improve on a player/manager, but you can only do that if you can actually sign someone better. Our strategy seems to be:

1. Get rid.

2. See whos out there who is better and available.

3. Realise there isn't anyone.

4. Panic.

5. Sign someone shit. 

We can also add selling Agger and signing Lovren to the list.

• Upvote 2

It was obvious that getting rid of reina and replacing him with mignolet was never gonna work. It was a bit like sacking rafa and replacing him with roy. Its one thing wanting to improve on a player/manager, but you can only do that if you can actually sign someone better. Our strategy seems to be:

1. Get rid.

2. See whos out there who is better and available.

3. Realise there isn't anyone better who will come to us

4. Panic.

5. Sign someone shit. 

We can also add selling Agger and signing Lovren to the list.

#3 fixed

Begovic was the obvious choice to all but the blind,

Mignolet hasn't matured into a top keeper . Stupid gamble given we have no back up and just typical of the way we have gone about our transfer business, 

Is he still at stoke? Didnt they sign the next big keeper, butland was it? Then they loaned him out and have loaned him out again, havent they?

There's talk of a move for bergovic but I dont think anything will come of it.

Begovic was the obvious choice to all but the blind,

Mignolet hasn't matured into a top keeper . Stupid gamble given we have no back up and just typical of the way we have gone about our transfer business, 

That.

Also Reina took the piss, all that eye fluttering at Barca basically telling us as soon as they come in for him he's off, he wasn't as good as he was and he wasn't committed to us anymore or motivated, just look what he's doing now for proof of motivation, sitting on his arse with no chance of playing.

Rodgers done the right thing getting rid but yet again the club completely botched signing a replacement, Begovic is made for a top PL club, he's been unlucky with Mancini getting sacked and that Wengers got a fascination with dodgy young goalkeepers.

• Upvote 1