You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Look how poor the sessions are. There's no energy. No effort. All the shots are easy to save and it doesn't matter how slow you are the coach will just wait for you to be ready before kicking another ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhU3rUHIUv4

I guess this is only a part of the overall training, but honestly, what's the point of this. Id save the lot of those.

I guess this is only a part of the overall training, but honestly, what's the point of this. Id save the lot of those.

So that when shots come straight at the keeper there is a good chance it will be saved.

It's not really working, is it.

I have heard a couple of keepers question Achterberg coaching lately. Shay Given and another ex lower league keeper on a podcast saying how both our keepers always have their hands low when hetting ready for shots. Both saying its fundamentally wrong and seems to be how we are coaching the keepers.

One was saying how wrong Karius looks since he has been with us his whole game has gone to shit.

If people on the outside are seeing it i don't get why the club isn't

That hand position sounds like a style that disappeared a long time ago. I've noticed how sometimes Mignolet crouches too low and Karius is too upright leaving neither in a dynamic enough position to make saves,particularly at free kicks and from distance. There are a few basic factors that our keepers just don't seem to get taught or are particularly good at.

The unhealthy comment from Mignolet will seal his exit. I can understand where he’s coming from, as you don’t chop and change your goalkeeper. But as an intelligent man he must understand that his own unconvincing displays have brought this situation about.

Is it unhealthy at Man Utd with De Gea in goal? No, because he’s bossing it and is a fantastic keeper. Everyone knows where they stand.

At Anfield Mignolet is finished. We’ve had him for a few years, nice enough fella, doesn’t save enough of those shot things. He’s not hopeless, and there’s no need to go overboard on that to make the point that neither is he an elite goalkeeper, and that’s what we need.

So Karius is in and it’s up to him to show us what he can do. He hasn’t convinced, but maybe, just maybe, he will do enough to show he has a future here. It’s up to him to do that, and he will need to improve.

The probable outcome is we bin the both of them in summer and bring in a new number one.

• Upvote 3

Hopefully this is genuinely it for Mignolet and he's gone in the summer.

I can see a situation where Karius makes some errors and Klopp gets put in a situation like he was after the Bournemouth and West Ham matches where he had to put Mignolet back in goal.

If that does happen regardless of how Mignolet performs I hope he's still fucked off at the end of the season. 

Hopefully this is genuinely it for Mignolet and he's gone in the summer.

I can see a situation where Karius makes some errors and Klopp gets put in a situation like he was after the Bournemouth and West Ham matches where he had to put Mignolet back in goal.

If that does happen regardless of how Mignolet performs I hope he's still fucked off at the end of the season. 

I've got a feeling he could be out in January as he won't be willing to play second fiddle for club and country. It will be interesting to see how it plays out but he has lost the faith of his manager and he is definitely gone, just a case of when.

If this is a role-reversal with Karius does that mean Mignolet plays the cup games and Karius the league ; or maybe Danny Ward comes in belatedly next week vs West Brom FA Cup. That scenario would definitely be the final nail in the Mings coffin not that I can see him being with us beyond the summer transfer window even the end of January if that were the case .