You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Simon Mignolet linked with Napoli move as Liverpool goalkeeper casts doubt over Anfield future

Reds 'keeper expressed his dissatisfaction with current situation

Serie A leaders Napoli are reportedly eyeing up a move for the Belgian, who appears to have lost his No.1 spot at Anfield to Loris Karius.

I don’t get the tone of some of the replies in this thread.

Yes we all know he’s not good enough but he’s had a couple of great moments (pen saves) and has always fought pretty hard to turn things around after some particularly low moments. I’ve actually got a fair amount of respect for him considering the amount of dogs abuse he’s received from the fans and press.

Ultimately not up to the required standard but I wish him well.

• Upvote 3

I don’t get the tone of some of the replies in this thread.

Yes we all know he’s not good enough but he’s had a couple of great moments (pen saves) and has always fought pretty hard to turn things around after some particularly low moments. I’ve actually got a fair amount of respect for him considering the amount of dogs abuse he’s received from the fans and press.

Ultimately not up to the required standard but I wish him well.

I do respect him in one regard though. He knows that he is not good enough and this is the only way he knows that will force us to buy a new keeper.

In a way he us falling on his own sword for us.

And for that I salute him.

• Upvote 1

I think Klopp has already told him he is finished here but is giving him the opportunity to make these noises. It works for both parties. 

You'd imagine that's the case, dropping him seems very final, I doubt either he or his representatives would be bleating to the press if that wasn't the case?

He's a bit better than Karius ultimately but there's not much in it and they both make far too many mistakes. 

I would guess the mistake against Arsenal was the last straw?

Mignolet is a lot like Lovren .... a decent player prone to mistakes and therefore just not good enough to start for us.

Karius oth is absolutely phucking horrible ...he doesn't seem to have even the most basic idea of what goalkeeping is all about and it shows plainly. And, since he was given a run at the start of the season and then dropped til now, there has been no discernible improvement. So what the phuck Klopp is hoping will be different between now and May is beyond me.

Karius may come good one day but he shouldn't be entrusted with our hopes for silverware this season. We need to either buy a proper keeper in this window or ride it out with Mignolet til May.