You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Alisson or Oblak. Would require a world record fee for a goalkeeper, but we should do it and sort the position for years to come.

Mignolet should be moved on. I can understand the question mark over Karius, as he was decent in Germany and there’s a chance he could settle and kick on here. But then you have to ask, is Liverpool Football Club a finishing school for such an important position?

It’s one thing to give games to TAA and Gomez at right back, and put up with an occasional mistake, as you get the feeling that they will both be in and around the team for years to come. What we’ve done with them is good.

But you would have to think we need to bring in the best quality we possibly can for the goalkeeping position, as a top goalie will be worth at least six extra points over the course of the season, not to mention the benefit of having confidence spread through the team.

Oblak or Alisson. Use the Coutinho money and get it done!

Love us to sign a better keeper than the ones we have. But that Allison is Brasilian and if he turns out to be a worldie we will go through the South American wants to go to one of Spains big two again in 4 or 5 years and I would rather not. So go all out for this Oblak fella. Hopefully he has not South American connections.

Love us to sign a better keeper than the ones we have. But that Allison is Brasilian and if he turns out to be a worldie we will go through the South American wants to go to one of Spains big two again in 4 or 5 years and I would rather not. So go all out for this Oblak fella. Hopefully he has not South American connections.

Alternatively this Allisson dude might just pursuade our Bobby to stick around a little longer ?

Alternatively this Allisson dude might just pursuade our Bobby to stick around a little longer ?

Why would this Alisson guy leave Roma right now by the way?

They topped a decent group in the champions league, ok, they're not doing too good in Serie A, but Roma would hardly let a goalkeeper go in January.

Stop dreaming lads. Mignolet and karius are our options for the foreseeable future.

Don't want to take the Tommy Lawrence thread off course so I will stick this in here.

It was pointed out Lawrence went a full year without conceding a single goal at the kop end and I noticed that our very own Simon Mingolet has not conceded one at the kop end since Benteke for Palace on April 23rd.

Don't want to take the Tommy Lawrence thread off course so I will stick this in here.

It was pointed out Lawrence went a full year without conceding a single goal at the kop end and I noticed that our very own Simon Mingolet has not conceded one at the kop end since Benteke for Palace on April 23rd.

Let me guess what will happen on Sunday !

Has there been a shot on target?

• Upvote 2

https://twitter.com/SMignolet/status/951107600371929088/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.givemesport.com%2F1234006-what-simon-mignolet-tweeted-to-a-liverpool-fan-who-made-fun-of-him

Why open yourself up to this?

Mignolet: iam the best goal keeper in the world
Sturridge: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 1f602.png1f602.png

Come on guys, I have read this one before... You're wittier than that, aren't you? 1f609.pnghttps://twitter.com/ahmedeldesouky0/status/951109112972095489 

The former Sunderland goalkeeper took to social media to engage with fans, urging them to caption a photo involving himself and Daniel Sturridge.

As you might have guessed, Mignolet received quite a lot of stick from Liverpool fans - but he actually responded to one of them.

Zero marks for originality from Mignolet.

“Everyone has an opinion and they’re entitled to that," said Mignolet in December. "With all the social media, people can vent those opinions. You have to accept it, it comes with playing for a club as big as Liverpool.

“I think keepers have always needed to have a thick skin but probably even more so these days.”

Only Sturridge, Jordan Henderson and Jon Flanagan have been at the club longer than Mignolet.

“It’s not easy to stay at Liverpool for a long time,” the 29-year-old Belgian said.

“Liverpool Football Club can attract any player, really. To stay here and be the goalkeeper, where there is only position to fill, makes it even harder.

“When I was young if I had thought about playing for Liverpool everyone would have told me that I was nuts."

Encouraging that he’s been dropped. It would suggest Jurgen is as aware of the need to improve in the area as the rest of us. Even with great managers, there’s always the risk of a blind spot or sustained criticism making them more stubborn in certain choices that seem obvious to everyone else. He obviously sees the necessity for vast improvement.

I’m not convinced Karius is the solution, but at least we’ll get more of an idea of that over the next while.

• Upvote 1