You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Ward looked impressive in a cup game for us last season.

Quite dominant in the box and made a few good saves.

Should be better than these chocolate fingered frauds.

It was just the league games against Bournemouth and Swansea he played in but he didn't look out of place in either of them. I've not heard or seen much of Huddersfield recently but he's still their number one and he impressed at Aberdeen (and at the Euros).

He'll be 24 at the start of next season so he's going to have a big decision to make as I doubt he'll fancy another loan move. I can't see how he could be any worse than what we have here but the worry for him is if we go and splurge £10m on someone else.

It was just the league games against Bournemouth and Swansea he played in but he didn't look out of place in either of them. I've not heard or seen much of Huddersfield recently but he's still their number one and he impressed at Aberdeen (and at the Euros).

He'll be 24 at the start of next season so he's going to have a big decision to make as I doubt he'll fancy another loan move. I can't see how he could be any worse than what we have here but the worry for him is if we go and splurge £10m on someone else.

You'd need to spend more than £10m to get a top level keeper, we tried a bargain one in the summer and look at how that turned out.

He'd still be hated as he's fucking useless.

But he was on less wages than Reina, so we loaned him out!

And you still have complete fucking bullwhiffs trying to defend FSG.

Do you want us owned by Sheiks,Oligarchs or Chinese syndicates? I know I don't.

Got to say that I'm almost past caring any more as football is becoming nothing more than a diversion from everyday life. Its so corrupt and the players barely give a shit that its hardly worth the bother. I am a fan of Klopp but the malaise of failure and cowardice has even overtaken his squad and seems to be forcing him into bizarre decisions.

• Upvote 2

Massive shithousery on that cross today.

it was fucking appalling I can forgive a keeper for letting a soft shot through his legs but that was just being a shithouse, the whole point of being a keeper is that when you come for a ball you take everyone out even your own players to get to it.

For me that was unforgivable as bad as we were we would have gone in at half time level instead he gave a team fighting to stay up something to hold onto and a team low on confidence a kick in the balls..

The Cunt

• Upvote 1

In no way am I defending mignolet yesterday, I havent bothered watching the goals but Ive seen a still for the first one.

He's midflight stretching and got both hands on the ball with a hull players head round about the same height who looks like he's going to collide with him. There's another Hull player (the scorer?) about a metre away then you've got henderson and lucas who look to be at least 5 metres away.

So my questions are, why wasnt that a foul on mignolet when he's got two hands on the ball? Schmeichel got those calls ever game and looks like the west ham 'goal' carroll was allowed to score in 2013 / 14 with the ref saying 'I think he dropped it' when it clearly was a foul.

Second, there's two attacking players within a metre or so of our keeper both unmarked. Where's the fucking defence? Why dont we see a red shirt mixing it with those two hull players?

Its piss easy to slag mignolet off for every goal but our keepers seem to get fuck all protection from the refs and even less from our fucking defence.

Or mignolet's action is irrelevant if the defence do their job properly.

you'd really be better off actually watching the goals mate than making an argument defending mignolet based on a still shot before the goal was scored.

He could and should have punched it he didn't he tried to catch and then dropped it like the fucking clown he is. He's not good enough and the blame for the first goal is on him.

• Upvote 3

you'd really be better off actually watching the goals mate than making an argument defending mignolet based on a still shot before the goal was scored.

He could and should have punched it he didn't he tried to catch and then dropped it like the fucking clown he is. He's not good enough and the blame for the first goal is on him.

I agree he should have punched the ball even looking at the still. And yeah, this article by the daily manc is taking the piss http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/5-questions-need-asking-picture-9758839 but its fucking right.

It was a corner we were defending and there's no defence around.

I agree he should have punched the ball even looking at the still. And yeah, this article by the daily manc is taking the piss http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/5-questions-need-asking-picture-9758839 but its fucking right.

It was a corner we were defending and there's no defence around.

So the correct conclusion is that our defence is also shit.

I've defended Mignolet saying he had improved and that he was a better bet than Karius at the moment, No defending him for yesterday. He is good at punching the ball away and without doubt that was an easy option for him . I cant fathom out the decision making process that made him flap at the ball and concede the goal, We without doubt need a new keeper. Its ridiculous to think we can challenge for honours with these two clowns. Klopp should have gone out an got a tried and tested player in the summer and do what our rivals do in npt skimping on a keeper 

All I would say , and its not defending him, is that our CB's are not good enough and up front we are completely toothless. A goal down to Hull with most of the game to go should be no great obstacle to a decent team. We still should have battered them

So the correct conclusion is that our defence is also shit.

I think it asks questions of our whole defence, keeper, back 4 and everyone else who was supposed to be defending a corner.

We all know mignolet isnt good enough but if the 'defence' is going to play like that, it doesnt really matter who's in goal.