You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Can't remember if it was before extra time or before the penalties because I'd had a few but I seem to remember Klopp seemingly walking past Mignolet and not giving him encouragement.

Maybe it was nothing, maybe he had earlier when the camera was focusing on something else, but I remember thinking it was a bit odd.

Can't remember if it was before extra time or before the penalties because I'd had a few but I seem to remember Klopp seemingly walking past Mignolet and not giving him encouragement.

Maybe it was nothing, maybe he had earlier when the camera was focusing on something else, but I remember thinking it was a bit odd.

The wry smile Klopp had after the goal was also very telling, imo.

Screwed us again. Pretty sure he'll fuck up the Europa league tie aswell, probably gifting them an away goal after we've dominated the whole game. He is the worst goalie in the division, or joint worst to be fair, Tim Howard is spectacularly bad aswell.

Difference being Tim Howard is 36 and was once a reliable goalkeeper.

He had to make three brilliant saves after he gave away a goal because it left our spineless mob dithering all over the park

I'm no supporter of his, in fact I think he's quite shit, but if our left back had even the slightest interest in defending he wouldn't have had to make the save he couldn't make in the first place. So swings and roundabouts on that front.

I can't understand why dived over the ball if he'd have stood up straight he could have caught it....if you let that in a5-a- side game you would quite rightly get bollocked for it.

In fact scratch that I can understand why he dived over it.....he's fucking shite , and as for he some saying he made up for it with a few decent saves after well that's what he's there for to save shots. For me the only decent save he made was Aguero in the first half the rest he made because the chances came due to his fuck up.

The brilliant save he made from Aguero in the second half came from us having a slow centre midfielder and an old man at centre back, and wasn't at all related to us being a goal down.

I'm no supporter of his, in fact I think he's quite shit, but if our left back had even the slightest interest in defending he wouldn't have had to make the save he couldn't make in the first place. So swings and roundabouts on that front.

You say that, but if he could actually take a goal kick it would be a start.

It was his poor goal kick that went straight to one of their players in our half that started their attack.

He actually started and finished the move for the goal. He should have an assist and an OG to his name.

Your right about the left back being shit though.

• Upvote 1

Mig was not the reason we lost yesterday. He well and truly made up for the brainfart he had to concede the lead . We played with 10 men because of Sturridge's attitude and the lack of any threat up front was our downfall, I want Mig gone but Sturrdige, Benteke and Moreno should be lined up against the wall at the same time.

The problem is that even when he's had a good game, which he did yesterday, he's responsible for the only goal we conceded. That's his standard. With him, it's either almost every shot on target the opposition takes goes in, or he makes terrific saves but he makes a shit mistake which leads to a goal.

He's way past the point of no return.

You say that, but if he could actually take a goal kick it would be a start.

It was his poor goal kick that went straight to one of their players in our half that started their attack.

He actually started and finished the move for the goal. He should have an assist and an OG to his name.

Your right about the left back being shit though.

To be fair, I went to the bar, with it being our goal kick and by the time i could see the tv at the bar they were on the attack, and while I assumed that it was because he is a professional footballer that can't kick a ball, I never saw a replay to confirm.

Mig was not the reason we lost yesterday. He well and truly made up for the brainfart he had to concede the lead . We played with 10 men because of Sturridge's attitude and the lack of any threat up front was our downfall, I want Mig gone but Sturrdige, Benteke and Moreno should be lined up against the wall at the same time.

Sturridge played most of the game around the centre circle because he wasn't seeing the ball up front. The midfield failed to provide for the forwards and you can't do anything with no service.

For me, the blame falls squarely in Mignolet's lap. It was a tight cagey affair with City not willing to allow any space in behind like the 4-1 hiding they received earlier in the season. Once the goal went in we had to take more chances and this left more gaps for City to exploit on the break whilst still leaving no gaps at the back to expose themselves. Who gives a fuck about the subsequent saves when Mignolet bungled the easiest and most important save?

He is a total fucking liability. You mean to tell me he couldn't stick out a fucking leg to keep the ball out of the goal? The fuck you diving for? Fuck him out of the club. We should have done it last season, instead we conspired to get possibly the only keeper in the entire league who is worse. 

• Upvote 1

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15117/10100251/liverpools-simon-mignolet-the-premier-leagues-most-error-prone-goalkeeper-since-201314  

Liverpool's Simon Mignolet: Premier League's most error-prone goalkeeper since 2013/14

By WhoScored.com

Last Updated: 15/12/15 12:37pm

liverpool-goalkeeper-simon-mignolet_3373

After Simon Mignolet made another costly mistake in Liverpool's 2-2 draw at home to West Brom, we look at the stats behind his performances for the club. And it doesn't make good reading for the Belgium No 1.

Mignolet joined Liverpool from Sunderland after an impressive 2012/13 season on Wearside. However, despite making over 100 appearances for the Anfield club his form this term has come in for criticism.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp even had to defend his goalkeeper earlier this month, amid rumours he would bring in a replacement in January. "I've had a lot of goalkeepers over the last few years and Simon Mignolet is one of the smartest I have had," said the German.

Here, with the help of WhoScored.com, we compare Mignolet's performances over the past three seasons with 30 other Premier League goalkeepers who have made over 20 appearances since the Belgian joined Liverpool…

simon-mignolet-stats-premier-league-live

Mistakes

No goalkeeper has made more errors leading to goals than Mignolet, since he joined Liverpool. It's a damning statistic for a 'keeper but Mignolet's flap at the cross which led to West Brom's opener on Sunday was the eighth time he's been directly accountable for an opposition goal in the Premier League.
simon-mignolet-liverpool-manchester-unit
Manchester United's Anthony Martial scored past Mignolet in September

Clean sheets

When it comes to clean sheets, Mignolet is up there with the best in the league. Only Joe Hart has kept more clean sheets in the Premier League since the start of the 2013/14 season. In fact, Mignolet's figure of 28 shutouts is enough to equal David de Gea's record for Manchester United in that time.

Goals conceded

When he's not keeping clean sheets Mignolet is letting in a lot of goals. Since he moved to Liverpool, only Aston Villa's Brad Guzan and Newcastle's Tim Krul - both fighting at the opposite end of the table - have conceded more goals. Of course, Mignolet can't be blamed for every one of the 112 strikes that have hit his net but he ranks some way behind the top 'keepers in the division in this statistic. Mignolet has conceded 23 goals more than De Gea and 36 more than Hart.

liverpool-bournemouth-corner_3338828.jpg
Simon Mignolet kept a clean sheet against Bournemouth

Save success

Mignolet's save-to-shot success rate is middling at best. On average, over the past three seasons, the Liverpool goalkeeper has saved 67.6 per cent of the shots fired at him. That puts him 18th out of 31 goalkeepers who have made more than 20 Premier League appearances since his Liverpool move.

Crosses

Mignolet's authority in dealing with crosses appears to be a major problem. Mignolet has opted to punch the ball 80 times since signing for Liverpool - that's more than any other 'keeper in the league. Of course, there's nothing wrong with punching the ball but in this instance it could reflect the Belgian's reluctance to catch crosses.

Mignolet is the only 'keeper who has opted to punch the ball clear more times than he has successfully caught it from a cross (79), since the start of the 2013/14 season. To put that into perspective, the vast majority of 'keepers have caught crosses more than twice as many times as they've punched the ball.

simon-mignolet-clap_3383753.jpg?20151201
Simon Mignolet has been backed by his boss Jurgen Klopp

Overall performance

WhoScored give each Premier League player a mark out of 10 for each performance, based on a wide range of statistical parameters. Of the 31 keepers to make 20 or more appearances in the past three seasons only nine have a lower WhoScored.com rating than the Liverpool man's 6.66.

All statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com, where you can find yet more stats, including live in-game data and unique player and team ratings. You can follow all the scores, statistics, live player and team ratings with the new free-to-download WhoScored iOS app.

He's not good enough and never was. We scrimped on a keeper to replace Reina instead of getting the best we could afford. Criminal behaviour when you consider the money spunked elsewhere. He's not a cunt and has worked hard to improve , as he showed on Sunday after gifting them the opener,but its not going to work out for the lad unfortunately. He would be a decent back up and that's about it. 

If City bring in Neuer, as reported today, we should go for Hart.

is he a boyhood red? always applauds the Kop and gets applause back plus more importantly he's a really good keeper. Makes the odd mistake but wins points and has won loads.

If City bring in Neuer, as reported today, we should go for Hart.

is he a boyhood red? always applauds the Kop and gets applause back plus more importantly he's a really good keeper. Makes the odd mistake but wins points and has won loads.

And midweek's performance was already that of a Liverpool keeper.