You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Today I finally realised why I don't like him. He has no personality, little passion, zero charisma. I'm not expecting Grobbo out there but we shipped 4 goals and every time the camera was on him I expected him to give that flat affect shrug.

You only just clocked this. There was a game early last season where Skrtel and Gerrard were bollocking him and he froze like a naughty schoolkid. I reckon him getting dropped for Brad Jones was as much to do with him mentally falling apart as him being poor.

He is the first one needs replacing.  His command of the area is nothing short of criminal, he is a decent shot stopper but that is it.

A keeper first and foremost commands his six yard box and he fails almost every time.

Why doesn't he stop any shots, then?

I think it's something like 6 or 7 games in a row now we've conceded to the first shot on target against us.  Over the past 4 games he has a stunningly low 15% save percentage (most top keepers are around 85-90%).  Oh, and he has the lowest save percentage for the season as a whole in the entire league.

Zonko said best just above - he is shite.

I particularly enjoyed the part where the majority of the team didn't celebrate with him after the shootout. Demonstrates the regard he's held in.

Yes that was noticeable wasn't it. The guy makes two penalty saves and everyone ran over to Allen.

Did he pick up a backpass today?

The ball bounced off smith and mignolet picked it up.  Seen plenty more obvious back passes not given a free kick.

in the spurs game today vorne came out caught the ball then dropped it as he went over the 18 yard line. He went back in the box and picked it up again which should have been a foul but the ref waved play on. In replays, there's a suggestion a spurs player may have touched the ball in between the keeper dropping it and picking it up again so should have been a backpass and foul.