TK-421

Sakho

Selling Sakho  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

He looks so uncomfortable and easy to read on the ball.

We really need to start checking if the players we sign actually fit in to our style of play before we sign them.

If he was so easy to read on the ball then he would not be able to pass it so effectively in the main I would have thought?

He's nowhere near as good a defender had some on here are marking out.

I think he's a very good defender with the potential to become a great one.  I hope his injury isn't too serious. 

Sakho misplaced a couple of passes tonight and didn't have his best game. But with that said we looked a lot worse when he went off. 

My view is that he is a good player. His style looks cumbersome, so some people seem to judge him more harshly. But his passing is actually quite decent, he's good in the air, has decent pace and likes a tackle. We are worse when he is not in the side. 

• Upvote 2

I reckon the debate about his passing could rage for a thousand years. The stats will probably show a fairly high completion rate as it would for a lot of top level defenders as the majority of their passes will be short simple stuff or longer crossfield passes when not under pressure. 

In fairness to Sakho he undeniably will try probing forward passes on the deck from time to time as opposed to say Skrtel who usually trys to play a long one over the top. Its those on the floor passes which we definitely need our defenders to try and make.

But the thing is Sakho at times has played others into trouble with a poor pass that would still be counted as a completed pass. I think at least IMO hes done that on enough occasions that it will noticably make you think FFS man. Not everyone is drinking the sky sports koolaid. We've just seen it with our own eyes. 

As you tend to have to do around here I'll just add the caveat I think hes a very good player and potentially a stalwart for the next 5/6 years for us. 

He looked so good then he plays a fucking brain dead pass. He must do one every single game which is why people thing "he's got a mistake in him" which he has. He'll cost us goals but if he can eradicate this from him game he'll be great

Not his biggest fan by any stretch.

But you can't argue that he hasn't been solid lately.

Just wish he could cut out the brain farts, he had a mare last night.

You don't see top centre backs making those kind of mistakes, let alone two or three times in the same game.

If there is even a slight risk of it being intercepted and a goal scoring chance created, then it gets launched

stu monty, numero, hollyhank. SAKHO's FUCKING SHIT.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

I dont care about your fucking neg. Wave your dicks around all you like. He's as bad as lovren but your head's are so far up your arse, you're trying to turn him into some boss defender.

I serious doubt you even get to the game if you think he's that good.

mouse1989, who the fuck are you?

You'd be right to doubt if I get to the game that often. Actually playing and coaching the game will do that to a man.

Hahaha

What a knob.

If you've ever seen Rita, Sue and Bob Too, you remind me of the old bloke who just stands there watching it all kick off and shouting stuff like "Up the IRA" to wind them all up.

• Upvote 1

mouse1989, who the fuck are you?

Haha who the fuck are you?

Oh that's right, some mental fucking quilt who's been posting on here for nearly 8 years and hasn't even bothered his arse to spend a penny to support the site.  Fucking hell, seen it all now; don't start coming over all billy big bollocks son, you're not in that place.

• Upvote 2

I thought Sakho had a good game save for a couple of dodgy passes. I've remarked before that he does occasionally hold onto a ball a bit too long before playing it into a player who is heavily marked, but that's surely something we can work on in training. 

His body style when passing is ungainly and, as I've said before, he looks like he's chipping out of a deep bunker but he's a good defender. The bigger concern is how often he gets injured. Maybe last night was just a result of fatigue and he'll be back for Bolton but his record suggests that it might be longer.

But if its all about playing from the back this is going to happen.

This is the crux of the whole problem for me. None of our natural centre backs or Lucas,our best DM are particularly great on the ball and this creates more problems than it solves. It makes decent players look much worse than they actually are. Sakho is one of them.

There was a big change when he went off yesterday.  He has been the key to our improvement defensively this season. A few dodgy passes ain't gonna change that fact.  

i like sakho he has improved  since he spat his dummy  a few months back  given abit more time i can see him having a long term future with us 

• Upvote 1