You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

I think there's a bit more to it than that. 

Sakho took a supplement without the club's knowledge. He missed some very important games because of it, thus damaging the club's prospects. 

Had he come back chastened by the experience, determined to get his head down and let his football do the talking, he may have been kept on at the club. As it happened he came back with the wrong attitude. I don't know the 'rap sheet' but it was more than being late for a meal. I think he was late for a flight too. And then his attitude around the camp seemed to rub Klopp up the wrong way too - I remember a video thing on Alcatraz, for example. 

It's not a list of the world's biggest crimes, but it's more than you are saying. And whether I think it's justified or not is beside the point, as it all amounted to Klopp making a decision on him and sending him out on loan. I think he wanted to do that sooner but Sakho decided not to leave, which again perhaps sent the wrong signal to the manager.

Since going to Palace Sakho has been playing well. Everyone is now in a better position. He will either come back (I doubt that very much) or be sold, and the price will be better because he is reminding everyone that he can be a very good defender. He gets on with his career. We get a decent fee. And the manager's authority is exercised over a player he had doubts about.

Win-win-win. 

Win-Win-Draw at home against Bournmouth because your 3rd place CB is considerably shitter than Sakho is.

And bananas are yellow, spiders are insects.

Sakho is still a better CB than Klavan and Lovren/Matip certainly haven't shown themselves to be a class apart from him either.

Yeah and who was it who made himself unavailable for a number of games last season after taking substances?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah and who was it who made himself unavailable for a number of games last season after taking substances?

Very true. If only we had two full transfer windows to replace him after that incident as opposed to pretending he was part of the squad until he missed brunch at high noon with the lads and then fucking him off.

You don't want the guy, sell him and fucking replace him. Don't harp on about the crimes he committed last year when you obviously weren't bothered by them when he was trotting out for your pre-season games.

• Upvote 1

You'll get no argument from me. Sakho is clearly better than Klavan. We need to replace Sakho and Klavan is only here to make up the numbers.

Caulker was here to make up the numbers mate Klavan was here to be a first team player given Lovren has had quite a few injuries since arriving. The squads been miss-managed by Klopp, there is no other excuse for it.

• Upvote 1

Klavan is not bad for what he is,a cheap cover buy. Lovren has never been great either and Matip looks better than both but seems to be a Bionic Man made from very inferior parts. Lets also not forget our appallingly bad gk who instils confidence in anybody including himself. Collectively we are rubbish at the back and lack both top quality and a leader,but this tends to be the way Klopp sets up his teams. We have been saying for ages how our squad is wafer thin and our results prove it. Bringing Sakho back wont change that.

Very true. If only we had two full transfer windows to replace him after that incident as opposed to pretending he was part of the squad until he missed brunch at high noon with the lads and then fucking him off.

You don't want the guy, sell him and fucking replace him. Don't harp on about the crimes he committed last year when you obviously weren't bothered by them when he was trotting out for your pre-season games.

Is right

Klavan is not bad for what he is,a cheap cover buy. 

The fact that he's our only cover (unless you count 5 feet tall Lucas Leiva as serious cover at centre back) once one of our extremely injury prone first choices are out tells me he's fucking horrible for what he is. I'm no fan of Sakho, but he's a new Alan Hansen compared to this League 1 player.