You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Sakho is alright but never one that fills you with confidence, dwelling too long on the ball and making too many errors. Another Lovren for me. We need to pair Gomez with Matip eventually and ease out Lovren. I read somewhere about this highly regarded Swedish young lad who is coming on very well in the reserves. He may not be ready for the first team yet but could be an option off the bench, if we're not buying another CB in the summer.

Gomez has looked pretty awful since his return and doubts still remain as he seems also to have lost quite a bit of pace. I think a loan move would suit all parties in his case.

Gonna need some spend at centre half in summer then - Matip is our only up to scratch option.

Lovren is decent back up then what?...we couldn't hope to challenge on 4 fronts with what we have especially given the injuries what we have pick up.

We look like we need about 6-8 players to add to the squad,both first teamers and back up,so we can pretty much write off a title challenge again next season while they are gelling together. Used to cost us almost every season under Ged and Rafa.

We look like we need about 6-8 players to add to the squad,both first teamers and back up,so we can pretty much write off a title challenge again next season while they are gelling together. Used to cost us almost every season under Ged and Rafa.

This is why i don't understand why we have been so inactive in the 3 windows Klopp has been with us for so far.

Second clean sheet in two games for Sakho at Palace, another absolute beast of a performance, here's what the Palace fans are saying about him:

I like how he passes the ball, its like he is playing croquet using a foot instead of a mallet, really concentrating on the accuracy of the pass, very good debut.

Most of the scouts in Europe will be keeping an eye on him. Let's be honest if it wasn't for Klopp he would be Liverpool's number one defender.

**** the stadium, spend £100m on this ****** because this man is a gem and it'll be the best investment the club's ever made

If we stay up, he should be our absolute no 1 target to sign no matter what. I couldn't give a f--k how much we pay him or pay for him but sign him we must.

My favourite Palace centre back ever.

Not bad for someone who hasn't played first team football for six months.

I do think he has more than paid his dues, he's been a cunt, been frozen out the team, but at a time where we are lacking defensive quality, and to be honest lacking defenders full stop, I think we should have brought him back in.

I do wonder how klopp would have handled the suarez biting situation, would he have been thrown into the reserves too?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

He's not coming back because himself and Klopp have fallen out. Good that he's doing well though both for himself (as he seems a likeable though thick lad) and for Klopp, who can use him to finance a centre half he actually wants.

I'd also ask anybody pining for him to remember some of his absolutely shambolic performances along with the quality ones.

We need a new Sami Hyypia, not another dreaded cult hero.

• Upvote 1

I still hold out a small bit of hope that Klopp gives him another chance next season.

It's hard to get good centrebacks in this league, City have more than shown that!

If we have Matip, Sakho, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez here next season it would help us save money for more pressing areas of the team. 

I still hold out a small bit of hope that Klopp gives him another chance next season.

It's hard to get good centrebacks in this league, City have more than shown that!

If we have Matip, Sakho, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez here next season it would help us save money for more pressing areas of the team.

Good use of the word "pressing".

I want him to come back and be a success, largely because I'm a soppy tart and a sucker for a redemption story.

I reckon he deserves a chance, if only for the exemplary way he's conducted himself since he's been frozen out.

No idea what was going on behind the scenes but from the outside it didn't look like Klopp handled it very well. He had to make his point but freezing him out and playing Lucas at centre back?

Can't see him playing for us again but if he does well with Palace we will at least get a good fee for him off somebody.

No idea what was going on behind the scenes but from the outside it didn't look like Klopp handled it very well. He had to make his point but freezing him out and playing Lucas at centre back?

Can't see him playing for us again but if he does well with Palace we will at least get a good fee for him off somebody.

Seriously!? Thought Klopp handled it as any sane manager would.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1