You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

I did think the same myself.

Lucas isnt a CB when we are under pressure. If Klavan isnt better than him thats a problem and we hampered ourselves going into the season without a legit back up to Matip. I really think its a area that need stre strengthened. The issue will be i dont see Lovren hanging around if not first choice and if he goes it still leaves us without a back up

He's a cheat who left us short when we needed him most, so Klopp obviously doesn't mind if he's our second best centre back, which he is.   He's done here.

Sooner Klopp gets money to buy his man to partner Matip the better.   Until then we'll just have to witness Lovren and Lucas being carcrash tv.

Well Klopp was happy enough to take him to the US before sending him home so he was set to be involved. There has to be more to whats going on imo

You're probably right.

Either way, Sakho should have been replaced by a high quality CB once Klopp had made up his mind not to use him again.

I shudder at the thought of a long term injury to Matip.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

He's put a video up on Facebook of himself training - not at the club; maybe at home - with the message 

Bientôt le terrain !! Soon on the pitch 1f44c_1f3ff.png26bd.png

This is followed by a load of flags and a winky face (which the forum won't let me post, unless I split it across two posts.)  Not sure what all the flags and the wink are for.  He's certainly not in the running for the Plymouth game.  Is this what they call a "come and get me" message?

... 1f1eb_1f1f7.png1f1ea_1f1f8.png1f1e7_1f1ea.png1f1ee_1f1f9.png1f1f7_1f1fa.png1f1f9_1f1f7.png1f1e8_1f1f0.png1f1e8_1f1f3.png1f1e9_1f1ea.png... 1f609.png

Is that France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, ?, China, Australia?, Russia?, Germany

That's very cryptic. Surely not countries he has played in, maybe he has offers from all these countries?

For all the time Sakho's been with us, I still can't make my mind up whether he's just ungainly but nevertheless effective or whether he looks a bit shit at times because he is.

But the gig's fucked for him here, so I reckon going by last summer's selling we should stick our chins out for £20 million and see if anybody wants to stump that up.

For all the time Sakho's been with us, I still can't make my mind up whether he's just ungainly but nevertheless effective or whether he looks a bit shit at times because he is.

But the gig's fucked for him here, so I reckon going by last summer's selling we should stick our chins out for £20 million and see if anybody wants to stump that up.

Spot on.

Southampton, you want him, then pay for the cunt, a fucking packet you robbing cunts. In that £20m you can feel Ricky Lambert's piss running down your backs.

• Upvote 1

Why would you even bother trying to replace a CB for the U-23s. just promote the best one from the age group below

He has been replaced in the squad by Lucas, whose shit in his natural position, never mind at centre back.

So yes, any club with aspirations of challanging for honours should be replacing him

He has been replaced in the squad by Lucas, whose shit in his natural position, never mind at centre back.

So yes, any club with aspirations of challanging for honours should be replacing him

I'd be looking to upgrade Lovren instead... that way we have two good cbs in Matip and say Van Dijk and two decent back-ups in Lovren and Klavan.

Replace Sakho with anyone worth buying and itll work out that way. Lovren won't be hard to improve on.

We did that with Klavan, and whilst solid he's not quite good enough to start for us. I think we need to stop trying to get value and get the best player possible for that spot e.g., Van Dijk.