TK-421

Sakho

Selling Sakho  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

West Brom were willing to pay 20m for him in the summer. Sunderland and Stoke were also interested. I'm sure he'd rather stay in England in a better league and on more money. He must now realise that Bayern, Barca, Real and PSG won't be interested.

LFD post spot on. Very good central defender, unfortunately there must be unseen baggage. Infinitely better than some centre backs who were being associated with 20 mil offers in the summer -- J Evans for example.

We should get £20M but if the player is not wanted we are in a weaker negotiating position, so the fee is anyone's guess really.

Whatever we get for him should be spent/put towards Sule or similar. Matip, Sule, Lovren and Klavan would give us plenty in central defence. I don't see Lucas as a longer term option there, but he has done well filling in. If Gomez comes back into the picture, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but in the meantime he should go out on loan to get match fit and gain experience.

LFD hit the nail on the head about Sakho in his post above.

I still think he is better than Klavan

I would imagine everyone thinks that. Klavan is professional and unlikely to fuck up off field though.

This situation has little to do with Sakho's ability.

• Upvote 2

Not that bothered either way. I don't rate him as highly as others on here, and that's before factoring in his unprofessional off-field nonsense.

He had some great games for us but was also prone to regular calamitous mistakes.

• Upvote 1

I would imagine everyone thinks that. Klavan is professional and unlikely to fuck up off field though.

This situation has little to do with Sakho's ability.

You imagine wrong

Massively overrated player. his name gets a bigger chant than anyone else in the current team bar maybe lallana of recent.

Bottom line is he's shit the bed with the manager not once, not twice, not even three times. Klopp wants him gone now and he'll be gone soon enough.

Hopefully we'll get between £15m and £20m for him.

I still think he is better than Klavan

Klavan is ace. Love him.

Goodbye sweet prince. Its been emotio.................. Stressfull

Klavan is a squad player and he knows it. He's content with that role. sakho wouldnt be content as a squad player even if he were allowed to stay.

I couldnt see sakho shifting either in the pairing of Matip and Lovren. That's too good a partnership to break up.

Massively overrated player. his name gets a bigger chant than anyone else in the current team bar maybe lallana of recent.

Bottom line is he's shit the bed with the manager not once, not twice, not even three times. Klopp wants him gone now and he'll be gone soon enough.

Hopefully we'll get between £15m and £20m for him.

Yer ma

Couldnt be arsed about him. If Klopp wants him out because of what he has done behind the scenes then off with him. Unfortunately some are using this as a stick to beat with Klopp with, and in some instances, without fully understanding what has actually happened.

Agree with Xherdan on who gets the backing here.    I think Sakho's a really good player, and a good man, but unless and until it's clear that he's the one fucking up, we must go with Klopp on this.  

• Upvote 1

Couldnt be arsed about him. If Klopp wants him out because of what he has done behind the scenes then off with him. Unfortunately some are using this as a stick to beat with Klopp with, and in some instances, without fully understanding what has actually happened.

Agree. I dont see why anyone would take an opportunity to beat Klopp just because their favourite has been marginalised. The thing is sakho might still have been in Klopp's longer term plan (although I doubt it) if he'd gone out on loan as told.

Once you challenge a manager's authority there's only going to be one winner.