You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

I couldn't imagine saying this at the start of the season, but of all our CBs I'd probably only keep Lovren on next season.

I'd gladly see them all binned off, unrealistic as it probably is.

£45m on Sakho, Lovren and Ilori. Top, top banter from our recruitment team.

Could've done slightly better for the second goal I thought.

Agree. Good goal by Defoe but you'd want Sakho to do better in trying to get that shot stopped. Defoe's always been good at getting those early shots off. He's one direct selfish little fucker.

It would be nice if shots that are going a bit fast but nowhere near a corner were responded to with, at the least, an effort to save them though.

Is it too much to ask that we get proper defenders. Guys thay actually like defending. That go on the pitch with an attitude of shutting down the opposition front men. That get a buzz out of a clean sheet and being nasty unaccomodating bastards.

Give me the likes robert fucking huth or ryan shawcross over any of our fake hardmen. I dont even care if they are slow. Every game is an absolute battle for any striker they play. Id bring Gary Cahill in in the summer if we can get him. Just like we should have moved for Cech last january.

Only Clyne should be kept of first choice back 5.

• Upvote 2

You say that but they'd soon be getting a hurricane of shit when they were getting the ball 50 times in a match and doing the square root of fuck all with it against a whole side in a deep block. 

And getting ripped apart because they are 40 yards up the pitch with less protection and, it turns out, aren't that decent if you take them out of the framework they are playing in. 

I don't think Cahill fits into that category but loads of defenders for pretty average teams that look great in defensive structures do. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He should have done better for the goal, but he's not the only one. Of course, the other glaring error in midfield won't be mentioned by the bumper (bumpee?) of this thread.

Is it too much to ask that we get proper defenders. Guys thay actually like defending. That go on the pitch with an attitude of shutting down the opposition front men. That get a buzz out of a clean sheet and being nasty unaccomodating bastards.

Give me the likes robert fucking huth or ryan shawcross over any of our fake hardmen. I dont even care if they are slow. Every game is an absolute battle for any striker they play. Id bring Gary Cahill in in the summer if we can get him. Just like we should have moved for Cech last january.

Only Clyne should be kept of first choice back 5.

Actually had both Huth and Shawcross on my mind earlier as examples of what we could do with at the moment. Even Ashley Williams.

Christ. Desperate times.

You say that but they'd soon be getting a hurricane of shit when they were getting the ball 50 times in a match and doing the square root of fuck all with it against a whole side in a deep block.

And getting ripped apart because they are 40 yards up the pitch with less protection and, it turns out, aren't that decent if you take them out of the framework they are playing in.

I don't think Cahill fits into that category but loads of defenders for pretty average teams that look great in defensive structures do.

People might moan that they didn't have nice passing stats or be prone to lauching it but Carra was murder for that and what we would give to have a proper defender back there now who actually gave a shit, could organise and wasn't a shithouse.

If its an either or choice I'll take defenders.

Guest Pistonbroke

I think a lot of people forget we paid 18 million for the lad, not worth half of that imo, he just can't concentrate for 90 minutes as fucking woeful at marking a player tightly. He also has a nasty habit of playing the ball asap despite a player being marked whilst he himself is in acres of space. 

The odds are in the transfer committee's favour for buying a centre-back who walks into this side. It's Barry and Paul Chuckle out there each week.

It wouldn't surprise me if they actually signed Barry and Paul Chuckle, based on some recommendation about their Teamwork stats from Billy Beane.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

It wouldn't surprise me if they actually signed Barry and Paul Chuckle, based on some recommendation about their Teamwork stats from Billy Beane.

To you to me, to you to me.........We'd frustrate the fuck out of the opposition. 

I would never pass the ball to him if I played alongside him, he's a fucking liability

bambi2.jpg

I reckon you'd get fucked off out of the team then. It's not coincidence that our play starts with him and he's playing three and four times the amount of passes as his centre half partners.

I'd love to know who this player is that people want that is going to find a player with 80 passes a match, many of them into forward players, but doesn't look like he's taking risks. I'd imagine he's probably not going to play for a middling, non-champions league club though. 

Or we can get Winston Reid to bang it up the field or into the stands when he gets it, but take no risks. 

We're an odd club. Given the expectation we need to take the risk/reward on the passing. 

The defending is another thing entirely, but the idea that his passing is a negative, not a positive, is just daft.

• Upvote 7