You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Armdja is right I only that he lost a ball in the air, but just because dare I say it, it was a good header. That's football. He wasn't miles away, screech is good in the air. But it was his to win. I think the way you are putting this across amdja, ( I don't care what your fucking name is) is slightly far too angry but understandable today.

Dear god I just read that back and I sound so sanctimonious.

Ya fuckin want some? Cunts

• Upvote 1

Would have been really pissed if they left Fellaini unmarked, but I can't really blame them for getting beaten in the air by Fellaini. He's exceptionally good in the air, probably only second to Carroll in the league. In fact, if it wasn't for that particular attribute, he would probably be playing in the Belgian third division.

Ibe is far more at fault than anyone for that goal. Caught sleeping again on that short corner, and then put in a half-arsed attempt at closing it down.

Red House knows. Giving a player like Mata that much time and space is asking for trouble. As shit as the mancs are as a unit it's easy to forget what kind of quality a player like Mata possess.

Sakho looked better today against Man Utd. He won a lot in the air and he looked better on the deck too. He gave it away a couple of times, but overall this was more like it. 

I suggested a couple of games ago that he is the sort to need to play his way back to a bit of form when he comes back from injury. I think it is a bit of that, and he was also rushed back a bit early because needs must. So he hasn't looked good since he came back, but today was much better. 

He was much better but I can't help feeling that another injury is just around the corner. A few times yesterday he was lunging in for tackles in those weird body positions that he gets into and I was waiting for him to pull up with another muscle injury.

That said, himself and Toure were reasonably comfortable yesterday. It should have been game over long before the smash and grab and that's always going to be the case in a team without strikers. Two years now we've been like this.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

First Firmino and now Sakho. Yeah, call out the players that have a bit of quality why don't you

Jesus

It's as almost if the dirty grass is also a massive stupid cunt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Given how popular it is to have a go at Lucas over the Naismith goal, which is actually a well worked goal by the opposition as opposed to a fuck up, I can't see how Sakho gets a pass.

The first goal he can easily clear but lets it bounce off his leg. The result - a team who hadn't even had a shot on our goal is level against the run of play and our confidence is sapped.

The fourth goal - Mogwai leaps with Sakho and easily knocks him off the ball like a skittle, while letting it drop for Bassong. A case could be made for Can, who's in front of Bassong, to throw himself into a Carragher-style block, but that is harsh when he could reasonably expect Sakho to show some strength.

An extremely poor display yesterday. Lucas has looked better when he's been moved back there.

• Upvote 4

I think a lot of people used him as a stick to beat rodgers with when he was being overlooked for lovren and ots difficult for them to do a u turn on what they think of him. gets away with it regularly on here for that reason. definitely at fault for the first along with toure for not having the defence out to the 18 when it is cleared..cant really blame him for 2nd. theres a catalogue of errors leading up to that goal and I think he made the last dotch effort to block naismiths shot. 3rds on moreno. the 4th is similar to rooneys goal last week when we had 4 players going for the same ball and the 2nd ball is won by them and they score. can caulker sakho I think going for the same ball. one of cbs needs to be taking control of situation and its not happening. people are looking forward to lovren returning. that says it all.

Lucas has looked better when he's been moved back there.

This is true.  I'd rather have Lucas back there than Benny Spakho.

The problem for wrongvest is that Sakho is playing like a cunt every week.  wrongvest doesn't want us  to talk about Sakho so he comes on here with his Lucas nonsense after every match, conveniently forgetting that Naismith was Can's man.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think a lot of people used him as a stick to beat rodgers with when he was being overlooked for lovren and ots difficult for them to do a u turn on what they think of him. gets away with it regularly on here for that reason. definitely at fault for the first along with toure for not having the defence out to the 18 when it is cleared..cant really blame him for 2nd. theres a catalogue of errors leading up to that goal and I think he made the last dotch effort to block naismiths shot. 3rds on moreno. the 4th is similar to rooneys goal last week when we had 4 players going for the same ball and the 2nd ball is won by them and they score. can caulker sakho I think going for the same ball. one of cbs needs to be taking control of situation and its not happening. people are looking forward to lovren returning. that says it all.

Henderson should take his share of blame for the first.

You are taught as a child in training to occasionally close your eyes and picture where the other players are on the feild. Henderson had plenty of time to head his clearance into space to allow the defence to push out but he headed it on a plate for the Norwich player to head back in.

This is true. I'd rather have Lucas back there than Benny Spakho.

The problem for wrongvest is that Sakho is playing like a cunt every week. wrongvest doesn't want us to talk about Sakho so he comes on here with his Lucas nonsense after every match, conveniently forgetting that Naismith was Can's man.

Lucas and sakho are proper shit
  • Upvote 1

Think hes been awful since his latest return from injury. Getting physically pushed off the ball much too easily and needs to turn his right foot into at least a bit more than a 'swinger.'

Maybe its the problems of playing with different players at the back but Toure looks more accomplished than Sakho and he's almost finished.

To be fair to all our defenders,having Mignolet behind you doesnt do much for your confidence levels either.

Im majorly surprised this lad is seen as a god by some and the chants of sakho! sakho! during games like as if no other player is worthy of one.

He's never struck me as a composed player with the ball, in fact he reminds me of bambi on ice and always on the edge of panic.

People point to his incredibly high successful pass percentage. Well yes, if you only play 10 metre passes mainly square you should have a high success rate.

Truth is, there isnt a player in our current back 4 who is good enough with the exception of clyne.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

People point to his incredibly high successful pass percentage. Well yes, if you only play 10 metre passes mainly square you should have a high success rate.

Alot of what has been said about Sakho since he came back I agree with, he looks a little less physical and for their fourth was terrible - this is something that is disagreeable, cuz, well its not true.

Alot of what has been said about Sakho since he came back I agree with, he looks a little less physical and for their fourth was terrible - this is something that is disagreeable, cuz, well its not true.

Plays more forward passes than most centre backs in the league and the games when we really tick usually feature him firing it past the first line of midfield into the feet of the likes of Coutinho as one of the most common passing combinations.

I think he was well off his game yesterday despite not really agreeing with a lot of the criticisms for the goal. Someone in front of him has to win the flick before it gets to Mbokani - he can't get there (and after that you're in trouble). Think he was fouled for the fourth but still need to be stronger and to get off the floor earlier.

I sometimes wonder what this mythical standard is that he has to achieve to be rated. I look around the league and wonder who he is being compared to unfavourably?