You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

The thing is with him, and it was on show tonight, is that he's the one taking responsibility. Defensively he's the one dealing with seemingly everything anyone throws at us, as Toure and Moreno watch him and hope he can win everything for them, and offensively he's starting almost every attack and all of our build up play goes through him. He's the one trying to force the game and grab it by the throat. Even with the times when there's confusion or hesitation it's usually him getting the blame because he's going to sort a ball that someone else could or should have sorted (and second guessing if he can do his job and theirs at the same time).

I wish a few more of them would be brave enough to do that, and risk carrying the can occasionally.

Or we can all just be Benteke's. Doing fuck all proactive and passing it off to someone else to do something.

Yep.  He is a leader.  Compare him to that whole midfield.  It would appear that you need to be a shithouse, completely brainless, or a bit shit to get a game in our midfield these days.  That is until my boy Joe came on and sorted it out.  But Sakho, despite the clueless brickbats, is one of the very few I'd be happy to keep in the summer.

His fitness remains the only real concern.  We need a centre back partnership and it remains to be seen if he can ever stay fit long enough to form one with anyone.

Agreed, if he can stay fit and solidify a partnership with Lovren we will be fine. Although that is unfortunately a big if. Add Matip to deputize and Gomez to the mix and that's a good enough foursome.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's a surprised because I thought he was easily our best player tonight

MotM all over the shop for Sakho, so you're not alone.

The thing is with him, and it was on show tonight, is that he's the one taking responsibility. Defensively he's the one dealing with seemingly everything anyone throws at us, as Toure and Moreno watch him and hope he can win everything for them, and offensively he's starting almost every attack and all of our build up play goes through him. He's the one trying to force the game and grab it by the throat. Even with the times when there's confusion or hesitation it's usually him getting the blame because he's going to sort a ball that someone else could or should have sorted (and second guessing if he can do his job and theirs at the same time).

I wish a few more of them would be brave enough to do that, and risk carrying the can occasionally.

Or we can all just be Benteke's. Doing fuck all proactive and passing it off to someone else to do something.

Lovren does it, if anything he tries to do too much.

That's a surprised because I thought he was easily our best player tonight

Like I hinted at,nobody played well.

I think sometimes Sakho catches the eye because he is making spectacular block from mistakes either he,or a team mate has made. I would prefer just a bit of simple consistency myself. Maybe last night was a turning point for him?

I thought Lucas was up for our 'best of the worst MOM' awards too.

Lucas looked lime Bambi on ice last night, Henderson thought he could become Gerrard( never gonna get close) can forgot how to pass or just didn't want to. lallana was our best attacker, let that sink in for a minute then, and only then can you appreciate how bad we were in attack. Sakho was far from brilliant but he was definitely our best defender on the night.

His fitness remains the only real concern. We need a centre back partnership and it remains to be seen if he can ever stay fit long enough to form one with anyone.

who was it let the ball bounce in the area last night? he made some great blocks last night but that one he let bounce doesnt demonstrate leadership or taking control of a situation.

who was it let the ball bounce in the area last night? he made some great blocks last night but that one he let bounce doesnt demonstrate leadership or taking control of a situation.

Im surprised that hasnt been mentioned before it really was comical. He was good in the air last night won a lot of crucial headers.

Some of his passes were a bit wayward, but he generally did ok.

All pretty academic. Those that rate him wont be convinced otherwise, just the same as those who dont rate him.

The acid test will be whether Klopp keeps him as a first choice cb or squad player as he develops the team he wants.

Personally, I'll put my trust in Klopp.

I thought sakho was dreadful again last night.

Last ditch tackles covering for mistakes made don't do it for me

• Downvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought sakho was dreadful again last night.

Fucking hell. He was man of the match to just about every observer. Dreadful? Fucking dreadful?

• Upvote 1