You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Impressive neggage from the lad Cunter in such a short space of time, but he'll be hard pressed to keep up that average. Is he on the same team of mentalists as CardinalX? Some of their link up play has been so similar, it's like they're reading from the same script!

If Cardinal really is from Nigeria then I have an interesting proposition for him regarding savings I cannot get access to.

"Dear Mr X, I am a solicitous man working on behalf of an estate in the name of a Dr Malcolm X, who has recently been involved in a drowning on the moon. Furious undertakings have discerned that you are his closest renaming distant relative. If you promise me your first born child for putposes of muti, send pictures of your wife bent over and looking as though she could suck a passing plane into her bare nought like a typhoon, and forward me everything you own -including the device you are reading this on - I shall henceforth forthwith furnish you with the proceeds of your inheritance.

Yours, definitely not a 419 scammer,

Dr. (A) Congo, PHD, PGA, $$$$$$$$$

I know it's a crappy stat, but they still had a better record of conceding goals than Sakho and Skrtel. I think position wise Agger and Skrtel know what each other is doing a bit better than Sakho and Skrtel showed. Sakho's raw attributes are really good, pace, good in the air, good passer, decent tackler, just the combination wasn't quite right.

The common denominator here is actually Skrtel.

He had an okay first year. £15m was far too much for him, so I can see why PSG let him go. However, he didn't make too many mistakes and he has excellent physical capabilities. I hope he improves markedly next year.

He had an okay first year. £15m was far too much for him, so I can see why PSG let him go. However, he didn't make too many mistakes and he has excellent physical capabilities. I hope he improves markedly next year.

Why is that too much?  

He's not considerably better than Skrtel or Agger if at all. However he cost us the same as both of them combined.

You can't compare prices of five+ years ago to now.  The market has appreciated significantly in that time.

You'd expect a £15m centre back to nail down a first team place for a club with our budget.  So far he's been in and out of the team.  

I think he should be the first choice.  He lost his place when he got injured.  He lost his place for the last match - although I'm not sure why.

In 2009, Vermaelen went for £10m and Roger Johnson for £5m. Both were overpriced purchases, but shows how the market hasn't really grown that significantly.

No it shows nothing, as this is 2014, the market has appreciated vastly since those examples you have listed.