You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

First pic of Affleck as Batman...

Special K

Am more worried about the writers/producers than I am about Affleck! I don't think it's going to be very good, and not because of who's acting in it.

I feel like Affleck gets too much shit as well. Almost like it's fashionable to hate him, etc, and it's turned into a meme rather than anything else. He could probably do as well as Bale and people would just say he was shit for the sake of it. But at the end of the day he's not got Nolan to write/direct a decent film so already has a bad start to deal with. I think it's going to be action + explosions + loads of over the top drama, probably not that good. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

Thought Daredevil was decent too, and also liked Affleck in Dogma.

Also, when's the Justice League film going to be out? 2350? They really do fuck around with these films over at DC. It's been in the works for how long? A fucking decade? *Nerd Rage*

• Upvote 1

There was a very good article about the difference in Marvel's and DC's cinematic stratedgy I read a while back. I may try to find it tonight if I can be arsed.

As for Affleck, anyone who has seen The Town knows the guy can act, but I do think he's one of these actors who needs strong direction.

Agree about it being fashionable to hate Afleck, approaching his casting with an open mind really, it's like the shit Daniel Craig got for being Bond, people just think your face doesn't fit until it does.

The irony in all this of course is that the guy who plays Superman has escaped any mention, despite the fact he's got the screen presence of Ian Beale.

Agree about it being fashionable to hate Afleck, approaching his casting with an open mind really, it's like the shit Daniel Craig got for being Bond, people just think your face doesn't fit until it does.

The irony in all this of course is that the guy who plays Superman has escaped any mention, despite the fact he's got the screen presence of Ian Beale.

I take it you don't watch Eastenders....(surey this has BAFTA written all over it...)

Last time I saw two heavyweights act like this was in De Niro and Pacino in Heat...

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Ix7MU2pjI

Caught some of that which is what inspired the comparison, his decent into a nervous breakdown (growing a long beard and wearing a bobble hat) was also incredible stuff.

Very emotional....from A to B...

Another new pic of Affleck.....looks like someone has been taking the Linford Christie approach to the lunchbox...

batsuit.jpg

I actually don't mind Affleck kinda like his political views

Very emotional....from A to B...

Another new pic of Affleck.....looks like someone has been taking the Linford Christie approach to the lunchbox...

batsuit.jpg

I actually don't mind Affleck kinda like his political views

Hahaha you could get a better batman costume in Smiffy's.