You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - LMA Manager of the Year

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think he deserves it. He has dome the beat managerial job. Then Martinez and Pochettino. It's far harder to build a club finishing 8th and 7th and turning them into a top side than it is taking a brilliant side and fighting for the title.

I'm not so sure Vlad.  No-one's pretending he's won anything, but it's about how you perform with the resources at your disposal.  In all honesty, a trophy or two was par with City's squad, while 2nd, and 2nd achieved playing how we did, wasn't par with ours.

Jose should have won it then considering his team finished 3rd without having the services of a striker the entire season. The bell-end.

• Upvote 4

Pellegrini is very likeable, but I would back most of the posters on here to win the league with City's resources. It certainly questions Mancini's efforts last season.

Rodgers, Pulis & Martinez the best 3 this year for me. Have a lot of time for Poyet after his support for Luis , but can't get away from the thought that he just got lucky over the last month rather than there being any great masterplan from him.

Pellegrini is very likeable, but I would back most of the posters on here to win the league with City's resources. It certainly questions Mancini's efforts last season.

Rodgers, Pulis & Martinez the best 3 this year for me. Have a lot of time for Poyet after his support for Luis , but can't get away from the thought that he just got lucky over the last month rather than there being any great masterplan from him.

I think this sort of thing lets Jose off the hook. I've seen it written a lot, with the insinuation being that they're got the best squad/most money by a mile in this league. They haven't. They and Chelsea have. Have a look through their squads. See what the players cost, and what they're being paid (harder to check admittedly). Chelsea's is also littered with £30m players. In fact, didn't they bring on £90m of players from the bench against us? They've spent £115m this season.

Chelsea have a better keeper, better defence, and more depth in midfield. City clearly have better strikers.

I just think when people mention City's resources, it really is no different to Chelsea's and therefore the pressures, and expectations, should be similar. The main difference is that Pellegrini is sound, and humble, and honest, and generally not a shit stirring, shithouse cunt like that mong Mourinho. His "little horse" narrative has been excruciating. You're a fucking giant horse, Shitcoat, you've just made it run like its carrying Eamon Holmes. 

There's nothing wrong with Pellegrini as a shout for manager of the year, and I certainly wouldn't have complained had he won it. I think what did for him was underperforming in Europe.

But they were in it,although it wasnt due to Pelligrini.

It will take time for City to adapt to Europe,even with their money,but changing managers regularly wont help them with that.

We will find out again ourselves next season and if City are struggling it emphasises our need to strengthen our squad quite a bit to cope.

If the criteria of this award is improvement then how the fuck did Ferguson win it multiple times?

he does a lot of 'appearances' on talksport. hes on again tonight.

is this deliberately trying to make himself popular with the media or does he just like commercial radio?

also would he get paid for it?

Pretty sure I read it was because that wanker Cundy was going to shave his head -he said he would if we got top four at the beginning of the season.

Let's all hope and pray that the shaving goes smoothly as planned, and there are no unfortunate nicks or total decapitations.

Pretty sure I read it was because that wanker Cundy was going to shave his head -he said he would if we got top four at the beginning of the season.

Let's all hope and pray that the shaving goes smoothly as planned, and there are no unfortunate nicks or total decapitations.

hes also on almost weekly with alan brazil in the morning.

I take it as a sign that we re back in vogue and rodgers is great with the media. he says what he wants rather than being forced into saying something controversial or letting his guard down.

I think to be the manager at the best team for a long time you have to win things consistently while playing good football but you also need the media on side.

we ve 2 out of those 3 things.

now to start winning things.