You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is Brights problem?

Fuck all wrong with what he said, it was arrogance, we've won games all season because of the same arrogance, fact is we threw away a title, 7 points needed out of 3 very winnable games, we looked clueless v Chelsea and the implosion v palace will be remembered correctly as the biggest choke in PL history. We've overachieved this season to get ourselves into that position with 3 games to go but facts are facts we shoulda seen this out, we were ridiculously naive in the last 2 games. He is a cunt though and does love talking about us.

I had a sinking feeling in my stomach reading that.  Probably the realisation of that's actually what happened, fuck it I don't know.  Gutted all over again.

Expected is to be 5th mate, we massively overachieved given how light our squad was, brilliant coaching and sturridge Henderson Suarez sterling Gerrard been outstanding all season has us where we are. I'd never criticise the team as they've done us proud, but let's be honest we were 1/6 with 3 games to go, 2 games later we're 14/1 and need a miracle, it was a monumental implosion that will always be remembered fir us throwing a 3 goal lead against a promoted side with 9 minutes left

Win tomorrow and it's 37 from 42 points. Thin squad, weak ability in certain positions, barely a decent sub on the bench to relieve the first team. The expectation that we would win every game is fanciful, I don't get how some are isolating the last two poor games out of context to the season we've had and the resources we have.

• Upvote 3

Whilst I agree that result at Palace will always be used a stick to beat us with, even more so than the Chelsea debacle, it only really comes into play if City draw this sunday. Had we won and they won both then it wouldn't matter (unless we go on to score 3 or 4 more then pasted newcastle 7-0 on sunday, which given the villa result might have not been enough anyways). If West Ham beat them then as long as we win we're champions, and if we end up losing sunday then that doesn't matter either. Do I think we should have eased back a bit after the 3-1? Not immediately as we should have scored but Coutinho chose to shoot himself rather than pass to the top scorer in the league. After that we should have been more practical sure but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. I seriously doubt there were many reds at 3-0 who were displeased with Sturridge picking up the ball and running it back for the restart so we could go after more goals. I was overjoyed myself, though what happened after was terribly disheartening.

All of that being said, it matters very little in the scheme of things unless City go against character and are happy trying to settle for a 0-0 on sunday which ironically enough probably improves Carroll's chances of scoring a couple against them anyway. The man might be akin to a bull in a china shop most of the time but he's good physically and can be unplayable when the circumstances line up correctly.  Probably the best situation we can hope for this sunday, other than a west ham goal or two against the run of play like Chelsea did to us, is that it's 0-0 at 70-75 minutes and city decide to soak up pressure to attempt to secure a draw rather than play their game. Parking the bus works for teams who're used to it, but city might just shit themselves under that kind of pressure, especially with someone as good in the air as Carroll lurking around the box for 15-20 minutes feeding off their crosses and punts. Hell, if I remember correctly we almost got fucked ourselves when we played them last by doing exactly that, albeit we were trying to secure a win rather than a draw.

Win tomorrow and it's 37 from 42 points. Thin squad, weak ability in certain positions, barely a decent sub on the bench to relieve the first team. The expectation that we would win every game is fanciful, I don't get how some are isolating the last two poor games out of context to the season we've had and the resources we have.

When you read it like that, and read all the shite about our 'collapse' and 'bottle', it puts it into perspective.

We've been fucking immense. It just looks like it wasn't good enough at the very end.

No shame in that.

• Upvote 1

Fuck all wrong with what he said, it was arrogance, we've won games all season because of the same arrogance, fact is we threw away a title, 7 points needed out of 3 very winnable games, we looked clueless v Chelsea and the implosion v palace will be remembered correctly as the biggest choke in PL history. We've overachieved this season to get ourselves into that position with 3 games to go but facts are facts we shoulda seen this out, we were ridiculously naive in the last 2 games. He is a cunt though and does love talking about us.

Wouldn't agree there mate. They were only very winnable because of the brilliant (but completely unsustainable) run we'd been on. Chelsea and QPR away (under Pulis this season) are two of the hardest games going.

Losing at Chelsea wasn't THAT bad a result in itself, but drawing with Palace was shocking given the circumstances. That and City winning at Everton (and the circumstances of that) killed it imo more so than the Chelsea result

The annoying thing about Chelsea is I think if we'd got to HT Rodgers mighta played the percentages and played a lot deeper and took a point.

Losing at Chelsea wasn't THAT bad a result in itself, but drawing with Palace was shocking given the circumstances. That and City winning at Everton (and the circumstances of that) killed it imo more so than the Chelsea result

For me both Chelsea results this season are bad mostly because of how we lost rather than that we lost. Denied at least one clear cut pen in the away fixture and then undone by an individual error from one of the greatest players to pull on a red shirt in our history in another. I also think that had we at least drawn at home the Palace result never happens as it did and we're sitting here knowing a win vs Newcastle is for the title. Can't really blame us for playing our game though, had we went against character by playing for a draw and got done 1-0 by a jammy Terry header off a corner or a pen Skrtel gave away for shirt pulling then everyone would be bitching about us not playing the type of football that got us this far.

• Upvote 3

" do be dop do be do do be dop, friends say I'm crazy and I'm losing my mind, walking in circles and talking in rhymes"

Don't understand the criticism of Michele Gayle on this thread, not a bad song that, when compered to other washed out eastender cast off records. Much better imo than Tiffany.

Mark Bright warrants no comment whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

Final league game tomorrow and still with a chance of winning it.

Who here would have laughed at me if I posted that in August, Christmas, Easter?

A run of 33 points out of 33, this aint the SPL gentlemen, this is the Premier League and that is phenomenal. The we lose to a crafty cheeky set of Chelsea cunts. Then Palace pressed us for 10 minutes and got a draw in a  game we missed a series of chances and for me denied 2 pens, some may say 3.

If City win tomorrow, it will be down to them over 38 games, not us throwing it away or bottling it, fuck off with that.

Remind me, who is the team that lost to Sunderland at home and Palace & Villa away in the last run of games. If any team have thrown it away, it will be those so called hard cunts led by the son of a bitch special one.

Put it into context where Chelsea were happy to play for the draw and we only needed the same result.

Don't know why everyone keeps saying Chelsea were happy to play for the draw.

Chelsea were happy to soak up the pressure for 60 or 70 minutes, and then open up and look to nick a winner. We gave them a goal, and they could park the bus for the rest of the game.

Chelsea being happy with a draw is as big a myth as Rodgers getting his tactics wrong by going all out attack in the same game.

• Upvote 1

" do be dop do be do do be dop, friends say I'm crazy and I'm losing my mind, walking in circles and talking in rhymes"

Don't understand the criticism of Michele Gayle on this thread, not a bad song that, when compered to other washed out eastender cast off records. Much better imo than Tiffany.

Mark Bright warrants no comment whatsoever.

you have set the comparison bar way high there mate. How about compared to any real talented musicians. 

Spot on about 'NotSo' though.

Don't know why everyone keeps saying Chelsea were happy to play for the draw.

Chelsea were happy to soak up the pressure for 60 or 70 minutes, and then open up and look to nick a winner. We gave them a goal, and they could park the bus for the rest of the game.

Chelsea being happy with a draw is as big a myth as Rodgers getting his tactics wrong by going all out attack in the same game.

That would be the case if they werent wasting every second of the game. They had no attacking plan apart from long throws and set pieces. They were running the ball into the corners in the first half before they even went up.

Christ I hope we win the league tomorrow. There's gonna be so many "experts", and hysterical fannies, running for cover. It'll be beautiful.

I believe, motherfuckers.

Fair play to ya. Stranger things in sport have happened. Do I think we'll win it tomorrow? No. Do I hope we'll win it tomorrow? I've never wished for something more in my life. We are a truly special club, back on the footballing map. Special things seem to happen to our club from time to time. Who knows?

I agree with Bright.  We believed our own hype and thought we only had to turn up to beat Chelsea.  We made the same mistake in two successive games getting hit on the counter attack with too many men committed forward.  The only concern was scoring goals and the defence was a mere afterthought.