You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is Brights problem?

I agree with Bright.  We believed our own hype and thought we only had to turn up to beat Chelsea.  We made the same mistake in two successive games getting hit on the counter attack with too many men committed forward.  The only concern was scoring goals and the defence was a mere afterthought.  

I actually agree, I think a lot of people have been flipping out about the defence without stopping to think about how naive we were against Palace. The defence is obviously still a problem but to blame them solely for what went on last Monday is plain wrong.

Bright is still a cunt though. 

If he had said we were a bit naive, or tired, or that we had shown defensive vulnerability for most of the season, or that we had a small squad, or that the bench was nowhere near the quality of Man City or Chelsea, then he would have had a point.  

The draw against Palace was down to several of the above factors, none of them arrogance.

He comes across as bitter. 

• Upvote 1

Christ I hope we win the league tomorrow. There's gonna be so many "experts", and hysterical fannies, running for cover. It'll be beautiful.

I believe, motherfuckers.

Honestly, if this happened, I don't even know if I'd celebrate (initially). I'm so mentally and emotionally drained from this season I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad for it to all end tomorrow. 

Dave Kirby should do a poem about him

Some fella called Bright,

He was fucking shite

Sometimes he works for the BBC

But he's never been to Rome to watch the Redmen like me.

The crowd roar

a banner to unfurl

'who achieved the least?

Mark Bright, or Robbie Earle?'

I am dead scouse

I drink pints and call

'But who employs these pundits

Who were shite and won fuck all?'

• Upvote 1