You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City will batter west ham chaps ....lsorry

Just like they totally battered Sunderland. Er hang on.......

If you would rather believe in pragmatism, odds, and cold hard facts you're following the wrong sport and you're definitely following the wrong team! Liverpool WILL win on Sunday and so will west ham. Don't ask me how I know I just know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Fanchester incognito.

I dont blame him and to be honest I imagine he is doing it to be respectful knowing him. Decent poster he is. I dont begrudge them the title. They would always be my next choice out of the top teams other than us. 

That said - FC - if you are reading this, fuck off 

• Upvote 8

It's basically a really top team with some of the very best players in the world against England B standard (at best) players. On paper, it's about 3/4-0 to City but football doesn't always follow reason, which is why I love the game.

West Ham are managed by a very poor man's Jose Mourinho. West Ham fans might hate him, as do we, but credit to Fat Sam, he got them results and I don't think that many teams he puts out will take a hiding. He'll keep it very very tight and try and nick a goal somewhere and at some point in the game. The problem will be if City score early - if they do then momentum will carry them to a big victory. If they don't and we are giving the barcodes a tonking, then I think nerves will kick in. It's highly unlikely but with the pressure they will be under, they could get caught out somewhere and West Ham nab a goal. City will have played 3 big games in 8 days. As good as their players are, tiredness will affect them towards the end of the game and they could get caught out if it's close.

It's like sticking a bet on the 40-1 shot in the Grand National but I'm not giving up hope yet.

• Upvote 1

It's basically a really top team with some of the very best players in the world against England B standard (at best) players. On paper, it's about 3/4-0 to City but football doesn't always follow reason, which is why I love the game.

West Ham are managed by a very poor man's Jose Mourinho. West Ham fans might hate him, as do we, but credit to Fat Sam, he got them results and I don't think that many teams he puts out will take a hiding. He'll keep it very very tight and try and nick a goal somewhere and at some point in the game. The problem will be if City score early - if they do then momentum will carry them to a big victory. If they don't and we are giving the barcodes a tonking, then I think nerves will kick in. It's highly unlikely but with the pressure they will be under, they could get caught out somewhere and West Ham nab a goal. City will have played 3 big games in 8 days. As good as their players are, tiredness will affect them towards the end of the game and they could get caught out if it's close.

It's like sticking a bet on the 40-1 shot in the Grand National but I'm not giving up hope yet.

Yep. On paper this City team will easily win 4-0. But this team is capable of bottling it make no mistake. Last year's FA Cup final. They even very nearly did it when they won the league. I'm completely relaxed about sunday. I expect City to win it and they probably will but it's definitely not a certainity. If there players and fans turn up with the attitude it's already won they might get a shock.

Clutching at straws, but I'm hoping the fact City can afford to draw works against them. If the scores are level with 15-20 mins to go, you might see them start to dropping deep rather go for a winner and leave themselves potentially vulnerable to a counter. Carroll's really not the type you want to do that against, especially if Nolan's allowed to lurk in on the edge of the box.

I really hope we're out of the traps Sunday and can grab an early goal to plant a seed of doubt in the heads of the City fans and players.

It's a hell of a long shot, but the longer it stays 0-0 in their game, you never know.

This is annoying. I want it all over so I can either go fucking mental or begin the very long mourning process.

City will either win by 4+ or West Ham will win. I don't think it will be a draw and I think if City score early they will run riot. Hopefully our lads do their job just in case.