You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Five Liverpool players involved and people still hate England because of fans and media?

Firmly behind England and would like to see them progress. Will look out for Uruguay because of Luis. And will follow the teams of other Liverpool players.

Personally, I hate the National side. You've already mentioned 2 of the main reasons why. I want England to fail in the Group. I want our players to have a good long break before coming back for preseason. I want Luis to have a shit World Cup, which might, just might keep him out of the spotlight a bit.

Personally, I hate the National side. You've already mentioned 2 of the main reasons why. I want England to fail in the Group. I want our players to have a good long break before coming back for preseason. I want Luis to have a shit World Cup, which might, just might keep him out of the spotlight a bit.

This is just silly buggers and makes zero sense. I hardly think anyone is honestly not going to want Suarez in their team because he had a poor WC. 

I also don't get the notion of wanting people like Hendo and Sterling not to progress in the WC. Doesn't matter how far they get, if they're going to the tournament, they're getting a extended break regardless and will be back late pre-season. I'm not fussed about England in the slightest, but I want our lads to boss it on one of the biggest stages in football. I want them coming back brimming with confidence after doing what they did for us for their country. 

I want the same for every Liverpool player at the WC. Only benefits us really.. as long as there's no injuries!

• Upvote 1

Five Liverpool players involved and people still hate England because of fans and media?

Firmly behind England and would like to see them progress. Will look out for Uruguay because of Luis. And will follow the teams of other Liverpool players.

Clearly cant stand the Owl, but i think he deserves credit for going with so much youth.

I would have left Lampard out and taken Cole to increase full back cover.

However, i can already hear the excuses along the lines of "well i had to pick the youngsters, and nobody really expected much anyway yada yada yada".

I dont hate England at all, i couldnt care less really. Il watch the games out somewhere cos its always a good social on the ale, but i wont cry or get angry if they get knocked out il just carry on supping.

Love watching the whole tournament though, Love watching new stars emerge, and how can a World cup in Brazil not be brilliant.

I hope we have perverted cameramen like usual.........

Germany all the way for me this summer, they have come close in recent tournaments and most of their players have been getting to the latter stages of the cl since the last international tournament.

Whatever happens I cant see Spain winning again, they are everyone's target to beat and the core of their team are barca players who have been poor this season.

This is just silly buggers and makes zero sense. I hardly think anyone is honestly not going to want Suarez in their team because he had a poor WC. 

I also don't get the notion of wanting people like Hendo and Sterling not to progress in the WC. Doesn't matter how far they get, if they're going to the tournament, they're getting a extended break regardless and will be back late pre-season. I'm not fussed about England in the slightest, but I want our lads to boss it on one of the biggest stages in football. I want them coming back brimming with confidence after doing what they did for us for their country. 

I want the same for every Liverpool player at the WC. Only benefits us really.. as long as there's no injuries!

If Luis has an unbelievable World Cup, he's gonna be even more in the spotlight, the talk of the whole world. The transfer talk will go into hyper drive. Can't be arsed with it all. It's already getting fucking annoying. There's been too many of our key players being badly injured on International duty, I don't want that risk. I want them on their hols ASAP. Coming back to join pre season training maybe 2 weeks later than everyone else. If they get to the Quarters or the Semis, they probably won't be back until a week or 2 before the season start. Not good preparation, for me. Fuck England. Fuck international football. International football is just like watching Chelsea every week anyway. Totally underwhelming & boring as fuck bar the very odd exception these days.

Germany all the way for me this summer, they have come close in recent tournaments and most of their players have been getting to the latter stages of the cl since the last international tournament.

Whatever happens I cant see Spain winning again, they are everyone's target to beat and the core of their team are barca players who have been poor this season.

Spain are far more likely to deal with the conditions than Germany.

That Barcelona side is quite likely to win the league on Saturday, finishing two places ahead of Real Madrid.

Argentina will win the World Cup though, stick your house on it.

I actually understand to a degree. I don't consider myself ever influenced by the media in sport, but get that a lot of people are, so see that one. I also see the fans lark. Utd and Liverpool fans hate England fans, Liverpool fans hate Utd fans, Utd fans hate Liverpool fans, etc etc. That;s how it works, so I can fathom that one as well. I guess I just don't understand how that dislike can trump a desire to see a Liverpool player do well in an international tournament watched by hundreds of millions worldwide.

I actually understand to a degree. I don't consider myself ever influenced by the media in sport, but get that a lot of people are, so see that one. I also see the fans lark. Utd and Liverpool fans hate England fans, Liverpool fans hate Utd fans, Utd fans hate Liverpool fans, etc etc. That;s how it works, so I can fathom that one as well. I guess I just don't understand how that dislike can trump a desire to see a Liverpool player do well in an international tournament watched by hundreds of millions worldwide.

As I explained, I want them back with us ASAP for pre season, fully refreshed & raring to go. If England do well, I reckon the players will be jaded quite early into the season, add to this all the games we're gonna have, I just can't see how England doing well will benefit us. I don't give a shiny shit how many millions worldwide will be watching our players & I certainly don't give a shiny shit for England.

Reckon you'll score a goal at the World Cup, AS?

Stinker of a group for you.

If at all, it'll be off the head of either Cahill or Kennedy from a set piece. Robbie Kruse plays as an attacking winger and was progressing nicely at Leverkusen until he injured his knee. He was our biggest threat up forward. With him gone, it'll be some nice but fairly toothless football.

And as you mentioned, given the cunt of a group, that shirt might actually cause the results from 1974 to come back. That is, 2 losses, a draw and 0 scored.

Seems like a far more subdued build-up compared to other tournaments. The first real advertising for this other than bookies windows ive seen was in wokingham yesterday and walked past a stall selling loads of shit england stuff like bowler hats and vests etc. hate all that shit.

Im sure it will kick in after the fa cup but excitement levels are as low as i can remember for england going into a tournament.

Its probably because hodgson is a cunt.

• Upvote 3

If at all, it'll be off the head of either Cahill or Kennedy from a set piece. Robbie Kruse plays as an attacking winger and was progressing nicely at Leverkusen until he injured his knee. He was our biggest threat up forward. With him gone, it'll be some nice but fairly toothless football.

And as you mentioned, given the cunt of a group, that shirt might actually cause the results from 1974 to come back. That is, 2 losses, a draw and 0 scored.

Well, I wish you good luck for your second and third game. I reckon you'll score against Holland and Chile. Might even get something from the former.

Seems like a far more subdued build-up compared to other tournaments. The first real advertising for this other than bookies windows ive seen was in wokingham yesterday and walked past a stall selling loads of shit england stuff like bowler hats and vests etc. hate all that shit.

Im sure it will kick in after the fa cup but excitement levels are as low as i can remember for england going into a tournament.

Its probably because hodgson is a cunt.

I don't get it at all. The balance of the squad means we're going to have to go and play and we have three of the top teenage players in world football in the squad. I think we'll play with a fairly deep defence (theres the hodge factor), but we'll break with a lot of pace in the side and, if it clicks, its going to be fun to watch.

Woys options have been limited because there is genuine talent at his disposal and he has little choice but to use it.