You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Semi final. Which is quite conceivable as Argentina has had a very lucky draw.

Hmm, so still pretty likely that Argentina could have the top scorer even if they lose to Spain in the semis. As they'll probably bum a few teams in the group games.

I'm sticking with Aguero and Suarez as the two to be on as top scorers. Spain or Argentina to win it.

Not bad  - but history tells us the top goal scorer is usually part of the winning team.

It tells us nothing of the sort. The players in bold finished as top scorers or joint top scorers and their team won the World Cup.

1930 - Stabile (Argentina) - winners were Uruguay

1934 - Nejedly (Czechoslovakia) - winners were Italy

1938 - Leonidas (Brazil) - winners were Italy

1950 - Ademir (Brazil) - winners were Uruguay

1954 - Kocsis (Hungary) - winners were West Germany

1958 - Fontaine (France) - winners were Brazil

1962 - Garrincha & Vava (Brazil), Albert (Hungary), Sanchez (Chile), Ivanov (USSR) and Jerkovic (Yugoslavia) - winners were Brazil

1966 - Eusebio (Portugal) - winners were England

1970 - Muller (West Germany) - winners were Brazil

1974 - Lato (Poland) - winners were West Germany

1978 - Kempes (Argentina) - winners were Argentina

1982 - Rossi (Italy) - winners were Italy

1986 - Lineker (England) - winners were Argentina

1990 - Schillaci (Italy) - winners were West Germany

1994 - Stoichkov (Bulgaria) and Salenko (Russia) - winners were Brazil

1998 - Suker (Croatia) - winners were France

2002 - Ronaldo (Brazil) - winners were Brazil

2006 - Klose (Germany) - winners were Italy

2010 - Muller (Germany), Forlan (Uruguay), Sneijder (Netherlands) and Villa (Spain) - winners were Spain

• Upvote 2

Sorry, bit lost, do you mean the minimum amount you can bet?

No, I mean what do you have to bet on the Europa League final - is there a minimum stake?  Or any conditions like it must be a correct score, goalscorer, etc?

Like, could you put £1 on say Sevilla to win outright and then have £10 on Spain?

No, I mean what do you have to bet on the Europa League final - is there a minimum stake?  Or any conditions like it must be a correct score, goalscorer, etc?

Like, could you put £1 on say Sevilla to win outright and then have £10 on Spain?

Oh, no. There is no qualifying bet. They're just price boosting Spain and Portugal because the Europa League final is between a Spanish and a Portuguese team.

You don't need a bet on the Europa League final. Its just a short convenient window for them to have their price boost.

• Upvote 1

Oh, no. There is no qualifying bet. They're just price boosting Spain and Portugal because the Europa League final is between a Spanish and a Portuguese team.

You don't need a bet on the Europa League final. Its just a short convenient window for them to have their price boost.

Ah yes, I see...  I misunderstood when you said "if you bet during the Europa League".  I get ya.  Even better than.  Choooo chooooo

I see value in:

Higuain @ 22/1

Fred @ 25/1

Reus @ 55/1

Ozil @ 100/1

Bony @ 100/1

Ivory Coast could be a goldmine or a graveyard. Potentially could hammer a couple of teams, they share similar climate with Brazil, certainly as hot as Brazil as they sit almost on the equator, and they are big powerful lads who have loads of options up front, and a few players in form like Bony, Kalou, Yaya Toure, and a decent full back in Serge Aurier, a decent central midfield pairing in Yaya Toure and Chiek Tiote, and then can choose from Bony, Kalou, Gervinho, Doumbia, Kone, so it's pretty obvious all they're going to do is attack like fucking loons. They're up against Japan, Greece and Columbia.

100/1 for Bony to get 4 goals in those 3 games, and then see what happens?

I reckon Toure will get more than Bony. Can see him getting 12 against Japan.

Not sure who's on pens for IC as well, have seen 4 or 5 different penalty takers in the WC qualifiers, with Drogba, Bony, Toure and Kalou all being given one.

I just think that, because I'm racist, that climate will play a massive part.

Five Liverpool players involved and people still hate England because of fans and media?

Firmly behind England and would like to see them progress. Will look out for Uruguay because of Luis. And will follow the teams of other Liverpool players.

What's the cut off for completely forgetting years of cuntery from the media and England fans?

What about four players? Three?