You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Unlike our Luis neither Messi or Ronaldo seem to play as well for their country as they do for their club. Ronaldo has the excuse that portugal are by and large shit and often choke. Messi just doesn't seem to do it, maybe because he's usually going to the end of the wire with Barca every year and therefore completely knackered.

As far as bets go I'm going full Uruguay and parlaying all these risking $100

16/1 Suarez top scorer

22/1 Uruguay winner

12/1 Uruguay top south american team

8/1 winner from group D

-110 South america is the winning continent

They might actually tell me to fuck off though as I haven't placed the bet yet and it's pretty much all the same bet with the extras just added in to get the odds higher. Allows me to do it on the site I'm getting the odds from though (Bovada). In the event they don't allow me to do it though I'm still parlaying the first two together.

Spain

- vratarji: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Napoli), David De Gea (Manchester United)

- obramba: Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla), Javi Martinez (Bayern Munich), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid), Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid)

- zvezna vrsta: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Ander Iturraspe (Athletic Bilbao), Xavi (Barcelona), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Pedro (Barcelona), Jesus Navas (Manchester City), David Silva (Manchester City), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Juan Mata (Manchester United), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)

- napad: Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid), David Villa (Atletico Madrid), Alvaro Negredo (Manchester City), Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Fernando Llorente (Juvetus)

Fuck me, what more can you ask for in a team, now that they even "bought" a world-class striker?! That's how I'd play, but Del Bosque probably won't gonna change much, just hope that we won't gonna watch another Barca-esuq team and 75% possesion and 100 touches before actually trying to shoot toward the goal. 

-----------------Iker------------

Carvajal-Ramos-Pique-Alba

---Martinez--Busquets-----

--------------Iniesta-------------

Koke--------------David Silva

----------Diego Costa---------

And on the bench you have really anything you want.

Uruguay:

- vratarji: Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray), Martin Silva (Vasco Da Gama), Rodrigo Munoz (Libertad)

- obramba: Diego Lugano (West Bromwich Albion), Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid), Jose Maria Gimenez (Atletico Madrid), Martin Caceres (Juventus), Maximiliano Pereira (Benfica), Jorge Fucile (Porto), Sebastian Coates (Nacional)

- zvezna vrsta: Egidio Arevalo Rios (Morelia), Walter Gargano (Parma), Diego Perez (Bologna), Sebastian Eguren (Palmeiras), Alvaro Gonzalez (Lazio), Alejandro Silva (Lanus), Alvaro Pereira (Sao Paulo), Cristian Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), Gaston Ramirez (Southampton), Nicolas Lodeiro (Botafogo)

- napad: Edinson Cavani (PSG), Luis Suarez (Liverpool), Diego Forlan (Cerezo Osaka), Abel Hernandez (Palermo), Cristian Stuani (Espanyol).

It's a wonder Spain have won the last three major tournaments given so many people think they're happy with just winning possession.

Anyone would think they know what they're doing.

Looking forward to writing off Tika Taka if they're 0-0 after 10 minutes in their first game.

GET IT FORWARD!

It's a wonder Spain have won the last three major tournaments given so many people think they're happy with just winning possession.

More like keeping? Anyway, no they don't but watching Borussia or Real Madrid or this years Liverpool is 10 times more fun and interesting than watching Barcelona or this years Bayern. If you enjoyed watching them EURO12, fair play to you, I like Germany and even Italy better.. Not to take anything away from Spanish technical (probably tactical) superiority, it's a true football masterpiece, hands down. A game that ends 4-0 can be less interesting than a 0-0 or 1-1...

Fuck me, what more can you ask for in a team, now that they even "bought" a world-class striker?! That's how I'd play, but Del Bosque probably won't gonna change much, just hope that we won't gonna watch another Barca-esuq team and 75% possesion and 100 touches before actually trying to shoot toward the goal. 

-----------------Iker------------

Carvajal-Ramos-Pique-Alba

---Martinez--Busquets-----

--------------Iniesta-------------

Koke--------------David Silva

----------Diego Costa---------

And on the bench you have really anything you want.

Xavi mightn't currently be what he used to be but I'd start him this time around for sure.

Spain's style of playing is very well suited to succeed in major tournaments that run over just a few weeks. They seem to be much less fatigued than their opponents when they get into the last few matches and I think it is because they are able to control the pace of the game better than anyone.

Oh and Paletta made Italy's preliminary squad. Borini didn't. Not a big surprise as Italy probably has the stronges competition among the strikers.