You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

200/1 aguero and spain? fucking hell might put 50 quid on that.... that is one nice bet

who is that with? 

How much for jagielka/honduras? 

They stopped taking bets on Jagielka/Honduras after some 7-figure bets were placed in the Middle East.  Last I saw it was 1/3 for that bet.  I think it's pretty much nailed on now but I'd be happy be offer a price myself for you - say something like 6/4 minimum bet £3,000?

The Aguero/Spain was BV, did it a few weeks back, might have changed. 

What odds would you get on the following events occurring:

- One of the African nations arrive at the tournament with their squad and FA still at loggerheads over unpaid bonuses

- A key player for one of the countries falls out with his teammates and/or coach and walks out on the squad either before or during the tournament

- A key player for one of the smaller countries gets sent off in their first match for a relatively innocuous infraction and is forced to miss his team's remaining 2 group games

- A player gets injured and is forced to miss the rest of the tournament after hurting himself in the stupidest manner possible, i.e., dropping a bottle of aftershave on his foot

- A referee has an absolute shocker and is sent home by FIFA while they dress it up by saying he wouldn't be needed for the rest of the tournament

- FIFA launch an edict pre-tournament for referees to clamp down on a particular aspect of foul play, which results in a flurry of cards in the group stages until FIFA relax the rules mid-tournament

- A key player for one of the finalists misses the final because he got booked in the semi and is therefore suspended

- Sepp Blatter slags off a Brazilian city or the entire nation with some ill-considered comments on Twitter or via the media, and then tries to deny it afterwards

- One of the most hyped players in the whole competition plays absolutely shite

- One player in a penalty shoot-out takes a short dithering run up before either having his weak effort saved or missing the target completely, after everybody else in the shoot-out took a long confident run up and dispatched the ball in the opposite side to where Mr Ditherer hit it

- The penalty spot cuts up during the spot kicks because FIFA in their infinite wisdom decided to have the pitch relaid just before the tournament, thus not allowing it to be bedded in properly

- Famous pitch invader Jimmy Jump shows up during one of the latter knockout games and runs onto the pitch during a moment of heightened tension as both teams play to not lose the game

- Bacary Sagna needs treatment for a head injury down by the corner flag

- A non-English player uses a bit of cunning which results in an English player being sent off or making a critical mistake

- An English player (probably from Man Utd) gets himself sent off through an act of petulance, with the media blaming him for England's subsequent defeat even though every other team can cope with being a man light

- Hodgson mentions his 30-40 years of experience in the game when faced with the most vaguely critical questions

• Upvote 2

I want messi to produce his seminal international performance on the biggest stage and therefore I want argentina to win.

really im pining for a classic world cup the last one I believe was 1986 when I was 9. There have been great moments in world cups since but Maradona seemed to be magical in every game in that tournament.

I think brazil will win. I want argentina to win. I ll watch every england game. im interested to see how belgium do. having watched uruguay in the confeds cup last year I dont think they re good enough but if suarez is fit anything is possible.

quote name="Trumo" post="3800353" timestamp="1401634642"]

Who the fuck is Lee Nelson?

Lee Nelson is a character. This is another character called Jason Bent - parody of a scouse footballer

the comedian who plays them is called simon bodkin