You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

I for one thoroughly enjoyed the Brazilians evaporating into their own smugness. No fan of the Germans but watching that hammering was great.

For the record Alan Shearer is even more of a monumental twat than could ever have been imagined. Not fit to clean Jocky's boots. The face kicking hypocrite.

• Upvote 3

For the record Alan Shearer is even more of a monumental twat than could ever have been imagined. Not fit to clean Jocky's boots. The face kicking hypocrite.

Shearer's been arguing with every pundit the whole tournament. Giving opposing views no matter how stupid. Have the BBC told him to be more controversial, he used to be really bland. 

Hansen should have told Shearer to get his medals out. Oh that's right he's only got one.

Hansen should have told Shearer to get his medals out. Oh that's right he's only got one.

Makes you come across as a right cock-head. Alan Shearer deserves credit for choosing to play for the club he supports over Alex Ferguson's Manchester United. Where he would have won medals galore.

• Upvote 3

Shearer's been arguing with every pundit the whole tournament. Giving opposing views no matter how stupid. Have the BBC told him to be more controversial, he used to be really bland. 

Not really sure of the relevance of that. He would have won a lot more if he hadn't joined the club he supported rather than Manchester United.

He had a brilliant mentality and would have improved us even when Houllier tried to nab him in 2003. Great striker, but hardly alone in being a shite pundit.

Maybe I'm biased, but I've enjoyed Danny Murphy's contributions.

• Upvote 1

My brother sent me a text from America. He was absolutely revelling in Brasil's loss. He used lots of expletives and ended with "Kill em!!" Never seen him that animated in text before. So the feeling wasn't just here, then.

I don't like brazil because its constantly rammed down my throat how much I should like them how whats bad for them is bad for football and we all should cry because they are shit. Fuck brazil fuck that theyre shit who cares if they've been great the greatest or the even the worst why should I give two fucks about brazil and this bullshit its the spiritual home of football. They don't have a divine right to good football.

• Upvote 1

I don't like this Brasil side simply because they play shite football.

The talk is after the '82 debacle, pragmatic football needed to reign in order to win. They've gone too far the other way now and it's hindering them. Time to redress the balance again.

I don't like this Brazil team because its full of diving, cheating, crying, time wasting, injury feigning, shithouse cunts that play a style of football that would embarrass Tony Pulis. A team supported, in the grounds at least, by rich shrieking girly men. They've got a fucking shit national anthem but because the world cup is in Brazil we all have to pretend its ace. The "image" of Brazil, partly born out of the "image" of the Brazilian football team is patronising and embarrassing.

In conclusion, I fucking detest the Brazilian football team, but feel desperately for those who love sport there. They're treated like absolute dirt.

• Upvote 4

Makes you come across as a right cock-head. Alan Shearer deserves credit for choosing to play for the club he supports over Alex Ferguson's Manchester United. Where he would have won medals galore.

You've got a point there. Anyone who snubs Ferguson gets a thumbs up from me.

I don't like this Brasil side simply because they play shite football.

The talk is after the '82 debacle, pragmatic football needed to reign in order to win. They've gone too far the other way now and it's hindering them. Time to redress the balance again.

I have fonder memories of the 82 team than any of their teams since to be honest Tom, regardless of the fact they didn't win it that year

Not really. In an argument between a Liverpool legend and some angry Geordie I'll pick Hansen every time.

Been looking forward to Arg v Holl all day. Had ITV on for 5 mins and I'm back on the computer. I can't be fucked with it. Shitty music and wank Giles and what are those stupid bars they put across the corners of the screen sometimes when playing clips.

Glen Hoddle fuck off, Ian Wright Fuck off. Itv fuck off.