You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

I am pretty simple minded, I accept that.

The decision to play Sturridge as the main striker, Sterling behind and Wellbeck to the right all seemed fairly reasonable to me. No-one is a square peg in a round hole until it comes to the left and Rooney. Why pick him there? What has he done to justify it other than have the name Wayne Rooney? Why not play a round peg there?

Ok, that said Woy has tried it and its obviously not working and he recognises it needs changing. Why the fuck he didnt leave the forward players in their positions and put on a player better suited and take Rooney off?

Its all about getting our best player (is he fuck) Rooney in the team and it doesnt matter how or the disruption it creates.

Assuming there are no injuries, Rooney has to be dropped against Uruguay.

I give Roy credit for having the balls to play Rooney there, other managers kept playing him up front even when out of form and Rooney even gave back chat to Ferguson when played lw at manu, Roy got him to accept it.

I was against Roy from day one at lfc but I can give him credit when due for what hes done at west brom and England, some lfc fans (not directed at a red) seem to have kept there anger with him from that time and can't give him credit when due.

For months I have seen a lot on here bashing him saying he would play his usual defensive football with England, he went out last night with an attacking team but I didn't see much praise on here for it.