You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

The biggest problem England has is it won't call a spade a spade. Rooney is supposed go be its best player and gets lauded for a pass. If a player isn't delivering they should be dropped, it should have happened a long time ago, a culture has developed where the so called top players think that merely by going out on the pitch they're actually doing you a favour.

• Upvote 1

I didn't even realise there was another game after the England game. Ivory Coast beat Japan in a game that kicked off at 5am in the Ivory Coast and 10am in Japan. Looking at the fixture list, there are no other games scheduled for such a late kick-off (in the group stage at least), so why did they schedule this game like that?

I thought England did ok last night and could have easily have won

Hart on balance had a decent game and not sure why people are having a pop. Some of his handling and reflex saves were 1st class. Rooney apart from a sublime cross for the goal was the only one I think deserves real stick, everyone else , even Johnson, put in a shift. Woy didn't stifle them and I was genuinely gutted we lost . I've not felt any emotion about an England team since 1996 so that came as a bit of a shock tbh

I didn't even realise there was another game after the England game. Ivory Coast beat Japan in a game that kicked off at 5am in the Ivory Coast and 10am in Japan. Looking at the fixture list, there are no other games scheduled for such a late kick-off (in the group stage at least), so why did they schedule this game like that?

This is FIFA were talking about so the answer will involve a dodgy payment or lack of a dodgy payment somewhere along the line

Racism?

• Upvote 2

Well it is all set up now for the Uruguay v Ingurland game.Been saying for months Suarez to knock us out.

Got a feeling his injury is a bit worse than there making out,so he will come off the bench in the last 10 on crutches to score a hat trick. Can see the following mornings headlines already ...

Lucifer Suarez kicks Ingurland in the crutch.

On another note is anybody else getting slightly worried with the sudden media attention on master Sterling? It seems all the pundits have started raving about him. I am just hoping this dosent go down the same route as it did with Owen and they start calling him the boy wonder.

What's the problem? What other scheduling is significantly better?

The biggest problem England has is it won't call a spade a spade. Rooney is supposed go be its best player and gets lauded for a pass. If a player isn't delivering they should be dropped, it should have happened a long time ago, a culture has developed where the so called top players think that merely by going out on the pitch they're actually doing you a favour.

He was very reluctant to entertain any criticism of Rooney after the game toi

I've never seen a supposedly top level player make the same elementary mistake over and over again like Hart. He's conceded numerous times - and been rightly pilloried - for moving just before a free kick is taken only to be beaten on his side, yet he still does it.

The goalkeeping coach needs to take a nailgun to his feet in the next training session.

I am pretty simple minded, I accept that.

The decision to play Sturridge as the main striker, Sterling behind and Wellbeck to the right all seemed fairly reasonable to me. No-one is a square peg in a round hole until it comes to the left and Rooney. Why pick him there? What has he done to justify it other than have the name Wayne Rooney? Why not play a round peg there?

Ok, that said Woy has tried it and its obviously not working and he recognises it needs changing. Why the fuck he didnt leave the forward players in their positions and put on a player better suited and take Rooney off?

Its all about getting our best player (is he fuck) Rooney in the team and it doesnt matter how or the disruption it creates.

Assuming there are no injuries, Rooney has to be dropped against Uruguay.

• Upvote 1

Woy has claimed it was England's best performance of his tenure, and maybe it was. But it did feel a little bit like the derby he managed for us when he said it

That's one of the best performances I have seen from England for a long time at an international tournament,they attacked, had good possession and didn't deserve to lose.

Im very impressed with the way Roy set them up last night and the only thing I disagreed with was bringing wilshire on late on but you could see his logic.

Credit to Roy for playing a system that suits the players he has, carry on with the style they are playing an England might have a decent run.

Had to laugh at the commentators saying how bad the pitch was in the corner where Rooney and others fucked up crosses,yet 2 minutes later Italy put together a ten pass move in there without a single piece of mis-control and this was their defensive area too.

English players are overrated and have their arses kissed constantly for levels of averageness easily reproduced by many international teams.

Chucking money at players doesnt make them any better.

• Upvote 1

Lallana is the obvious candidate to start in front of Baines in the next game, but that would mean dropping Rooney and that ain't gonna happen. Or play Raheem on the right and fuck Welbeck off, but why you would move around Sterling, who was the stand out performer to accommodate spud - it's anyones guess.

Face Rubbing all round.