You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

I have never know a WC with so little pre tournament hype here. Even the ones where we didn't qualify we're bigger than this one has been to date. I'm sure if Hodgeball sees us through the Group stages it will be full on Ingurland everywhere you look. The mentally challenged will dust off the flags and banners and be hanging them out of bedroom windows across the land but for the time being there is eerie calm about the whole thing with expectations managed down to almost realistic levels.. The hapless Hodgson is being praised for his squad selection " given the players available to him "and everyone's glass is stoically half empty. Without all the shite going on I am actually quite looking forward to it although too much of that fucking cunt Hodgson in my face may well change that  .

I don't get it at all. The balance of the squad means we're going to have to go and play and we have three of the top teenage players in world football in the squad. I think we'll play with a fairly deep defence (theres the hodge factor), but we'll break with a lot of pace in the side and, if it clicks, its going to be fun to watch.

Woys options have been limited because there is genuine talent at his disposal and he has little choice but to use it.

Forgive my ignorance but who are these 3 players you speak of?

None of them have played in the Champions league. None have any international pedigree at all. None have any trophies or recognition of any type in regards to individual awards.

I think calling them the best in the world is a touch overdoing it.

All the South American sides outside the big 2 are overpriced. All the European teams outside the big 2 the opposite.

Chile are overpriced because of the group too, which I think they'll get through. Then they could play Brazil, which is no cert for Brazil. When you see Belgium at 18 and Chile at 50, well, it's hard to explain

Uruguay at 28s is the silliest price, for me.

I'd have them as 5th favourites.

I wouldn't.

They are worse than 4 years ago.

Well I hope you're right with the former. I don't think you are. Chile lack a top striker, especially someone with the class to get goals against good sides. Vargas is ok, Suazo out injured, and past it anyway. Minilla even made the squad and he's shite. Disappointed Castillo didnt get in. Could well be injured, dont think he's played much for his new club since January. Suarez in that Chile side would be immense.

Vidal will be the key. Capable of bullying Holland's midfield on his own. Fitness an issue at the moment.

Well I hope you're right with the former. I don't think you are. Chile lack a top striker, especially someone with the class to get goals against good sides. Vargas is ok, Suazo out injured, and past it anyway. Minilla even made the squad and he's shite. Disappointed Castillo didnt get in. Could well be injured, dont think he's played much for his new club since January. Suarez in that Chile side would be immense.

Vidal will be the key. Capable of bullying Holland's midfield on his own. Fitness an issue at the moment.

Even just going by the qualifiers - Chile and Columbia should be more likely to get further.

Even just going by the qualifiers - Chile and Columbia should be more likely to get further.

I don't think you can go just by the qualifiers. Uruguay underperformed in the qualifiers, Columbia the opposite. Chile were pure shite for the first half, then immense in the second.

Uruguay's squad is far superior to Columbia's, and Chile's. They'd put up a much better showing against the four top sides.

I'd fancy Uruguay to beat the likes of Portugal/Italy(we'll soon see)/Holland/Belgium in a world cup match in South America. Columbia and Chile, I'm not sure. Definitely competitive, but perhaps lacking a slight ruthless edge.

I wasn't really impressed by Uruguay a few years ago when they won the Copa America either yet they still won it. They're a team with a lot of fight in them and always seem to play well together on the bigger stages.

I think they have a genuine chance to be honest, sure it's a long shot but 28/1 is silly as is the 22/1 they're getting over here. Especially considering we have Belgium at 14/1 for some reason. If you've got the cash to spare I don't see how they aren't worth a punt.

Not really understanding all the love the Argies are getting either. I think they'll keep recent tournament form and smash through the group only to shit the bed against the first good side they come up against.