You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, Rodgers will. It took Rafa four seasons to achieve it, Rodgers is close having spent far less and starting from a much worse position. Looking forward to seeing how Rodgers does now he is operating in the same market as Rafa. CL opens a lot of doors. Scoring over 100 goals, as we surely will, is a sign of things to come. Once we get players in who have the natural attributes to play the way he wants, we will do very well. Over 90 points.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Yeah, Rodgers will. It took Rafa four seasons to achieve it, Rodgers is close having spent far less and starting from a much worse position. Looking forward to seeing how Rodgers does now he is operating in the same market as Rafa. CL opens a lot of doors. Scoring over 100 goals, as we surely will, is a sign of things to come. Once we get players in who have the natural attributes to play the way he wants, we will do very well. Over 90 points.

Hmm.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

One game a time.  Give the man until the end of the season.

Unless things change very quickly, like Sturridge comes back and Balotelli kicks on, or we do exceptional business in the transfer window, I can't see us getting top four. I mean, I think it could still go either way, because whilst we're only 4 points from the relegation zone, we're also only 5 points from the top four and there are teams above us who will surely faulter as the season goes on.

If we still had Suarez and Sturridge up front, as I assumed we would back in May when we were flying (and if anybody can show me posters saying 'we're fucked next season' back in May, they'll get my eternal respect), we'd be doing well again. Without those players, the rest of the team is just not functioning. Coutinho has no outlet, Gerrard has nobody to float passes to, Sterling has no space created for him, etc, etc.

Unless things change very quickly, like Sturridge comes back and Balotelli kicks on, or we do exceptional business in the transfer window, I can't see us getting top four. I mean, I think it could still go either way, because whilst we're only 4 points from the relegation zone, we're also only 5 points from the top four and there are teams above us who will surely faulter as the season goes on.

If we still had Suarez and Sturridge up front, as I assumed we would back in May when we were flying (and if anybody can show me posters saying 'we're fucked next season' back in May, they'll get my eternal respect), we'd be doing well again. Without those players, the rest of the team is just not functioning. Coutinho has no outlet, Gerrard has nobody to float passes to, Sterling has no space created for him, etc, etc.

Really?  You didn't think Suarez was going to be off in the summer after we denied him the move the summer before and then did the standard new contract routine which removed the impediments to that move, after the player had said more than once that he wanted to play in Spain?

Not trying to be a funny cunt, it's a genuine question.  I can't prove it with reference to posts or anything because I wasn't posting at the time but I thought it was maybe 80/20 in favour of him going and most people I know did too.  I thought it was pretty clear that he would be off, although I did imagine that we would have a quality replacement lined up already for that exact reason.

After the season we were having and could offer cl football? Nope. There was no talk of it at the time.

There was plenty of talk of it.  Myself and most of the lads i know thought he would be off.

I Knew it wouldnt be long after the Arsenal episode, He was agitating all that Summer for a move and then signed a new contract at the start of the next season.

It was obvious to me there is no way he would have signed that deal unless there was a cast iron transfer release built into it.