You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Javier Zanetti

fowler9

well I'm far to depressed to talk about Liverpool today (albeit I'd have loved to have been this disappointed with 2nd/3rd at the beginning of this season) so how about a discussion about one of the legends of the game who has announced his retirement today.

I'm sure myself and Red Banjo can't be the only ones on here who are totally in awe of this absolute class act, honestly can't say I've ever seen him have a bad game, comes across as a top bloke, has stayed at a foreign club for almost 20 years and is the record appearance maker for both Inter Milan and Argentina (despite some mongs leaving him out of the last 2 World Cups).

Whereas over here you get your pundits and Man United Sky Sports post all over facebook fuck tards going on about how great Ryan Giggs is for passing his prime quite early and playing 5 good games a season, up to this year after suffering a bad injury towards the end of last year Zanetti has been playing near enough every game at the same age as that cunt Giggs and has been as good as ever pretty much the whole time.

Only this morning I was wearing my 03/04 J.Zanetti Inter Milan shirt in the gym, don't think I have any other clothing I still wear I've owned that long

absolute legend!

• Upvote 2

You can stick me in that club as well. Does'nt get anywhere near enough coverage in this country for what has truly been an extraordinary career. Fantastic pro and Legend of Argentina and Inter.

Will defo tune in for his last Home game on Saturday

Yeah, he's a machine. Been an absolute beast at Inter for well over a decade. Nevermind having a bad game, has someone ever taken the ball from him?

Was in Milano in both 09 and 10 and went to san siro to see Inter play both times. Zanetti was easily the player who impressed me the most both times.

Yeah, he's a machine. Been an absolute beast at Inter for well over a decade. Nevermind having a bad game, has someone ever taken the ball from him?

Was in Milano in both 09 and 10 and went to san siro to see Inter play both times. Zanetti was easily the player who impressed me the most both times.

Only one player ive seen do that. Mascherano in the Champions league game at Anfield raced 50 yards across the pitch at Anfield and did one of his slide tackles got up and raced up the field with the ball. Lower centenary on their feet, was brilliant . Sure Masch enjoyed that against his fellow Argie.

Only one player ive seen do that. Mascherano in the Champions league game at Anfield raced 50 yards across the pitch at Anfield and did one of his slide tackles got up and raced up the field with the ball. Lower centenary on their feet, was brilliant . Sure Masch enjoyed that against his fellow Argie.

Can't remember that, sounds like Masch though, and if anyone's done it figures it was him!

Was just about to post this mate, a great moment and my favourite memory of masch.

It always sticks out in my head about him and I can remember daves report from the time where he said something like there is no greater sight in Europe at the time then seeing masch chase a player down like a mad man and leaving them on their arse.

I agree though that zanetti is a top player and he has stayed loyal to inter for years even when things were not going great.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...