You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The point that wins us the title

Diddyman

I'm going to be positive here, everyone else is giving the title to City now, which will hopefully lead to complacency on their part. What that point does is guarantee that we go to the last game of the season with a chance. Anything can happen in a game if football, most of it has happened to us. So with hope in my heart, as unlikely as it might be, I'm not giving up. Sometimes, only needing a draw, can be the worst thing that can happen to a team. I still believe!!!

• Upvote 5

If City are going to lose then it has to be tomorrow for my money.... Simply to lift and give some belief and energy to what must be a devoed bunch of players.

I find it hard to believe that after last night our players would be able to stomach City winning tomorrow and having the necessary belief and energy for Sunday.

They need a boost to take into Sunday - City losing tomorrow.

The City players will also be swept into Sunday with total belief if they win tomorrow and should they lose tomorrow then they are where our players were last night.

I know Sunday it is still up for grabs no matter what mathematically and i'll not give up hope, but I honestly believe that tomorrow is the day it is "decided"

Somebody said City were cheering as if they’d won the title after 3-2 on Goodison. I guess they’re double celebrating now. If they take this for granted they might be up for a surprise.

Beating City on goal difference was a non starter. After Chelsea we needed City to slip somewhere. We still do. Only difference is we now need them to lose one (or draw both). The fact that City doesn’t have to win tomorrow can work both ways.

I’ll take the pain when we’re beaten. Until we are I stay positive. Bookies have Villa at 13-1 to win. It’s worth a bet.

Besides, if this is anything like the 2005 season we were always going to be beaten at some point, only to rise from the dead. No matter how stupid no matter how naïve, I still believe.

Somebody said City were cheering as if they’d won the title after 3-2 on Goodison. I guess they’re double celebrating now. If they take this for granted they might be up for a surprise.

Beating City on goal difference was a non starter. After Chelsea we needed City to slip somewhere. We still do. Only difference is we now need them to lose one (or draw both). The fact that City doesn’t have to win tomorrow can work both ways.

I’ll take the pain when we’re beaten. Until we are I stay positive. Bookies have Villa at 13-1 to win. It’s worth a bet.

Besides, if this is anything like the 2005 season we were always going to be beaten at some point, only to rise from the dead. No matter how stupid no matter how naïve, I still believe.

Bet365 have them at 20/1 so I'd back them there if you're thinking of having a flutter.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't think I could take a city win tomorrow and a loss to West Ham on the last day

Take it? I'd have your arm off.

• Upvote 3

If City are going to lose then it has to be tomorrow for my money.... Simply to lift and give some belief and energy to what must be a devoed bunch of players.

I find it hard to believe that after last night our players would be able to stomach City winning tomorrow and having the necessary belief and energy for Sunday.

They need a boost to take into Sunday - City losing tomorrow.

The City players will also be swept into Sunday with total belief if they win tomorrow and should they lose tomorrow then they are where our players were last night.

I know Sunday it is still up for grabs no matter what mathematically and i'll not give up hope, but I honestly believe that tomorrow is the day it is "decided"

Whatever happens, our team need to put on a performance on Sunday to thank the supporters, to maximise our points total, and to end the season on an optimistic note - and put some traction behind us for next year.

Whatever happens, our team need to put on a performance on Sunday to thank the supporters, to maximise our points total, and to end the season on an optimistic note - and put some traction behind us for next year.

Agree - hopefully the 6 days between the games can see them pick themselves up to go again. If city get beat weds though that would be the perfect tonic.

Whatever happens though its been a boss season and anfield should be rocking sunday - and who knows maybe there's a golden sky at the end of it.

If there isn't this year i for one believe it won't be long until there is. Glory often follows not long after agonising failure.

Il say one thing, theres no way im watching the game tomorrow. Ive had some walls to paint for a while and ive decided wednesday night is the time. Il check the tv at 10pm and hopefully read of a city defeat.

Il say one thing, theres no way im watching the game tomorrow. Ive had some walls to paint for a while and ive decided wednesday night is the time. Il check the tv at 10pm and hopefully read of a city defeat.

same here. Do not want to sit through and get my hopes up. In fact, other than this forum, I will be avoiding twitter and all things football until the kickoff against newcastle. 

I don't know why after all the negative shit I have posted last few days, somewhere in the back of my heart something is saying there is some hope left, even though my head is saying its all over. Just can't get over this :(  it's gonna take a good few months to heal and forget.

^ Really? We shouldn't rely on empty thoughts for optimism.

The title is pretty much gone bar an extraordinary moment, we need to let it go, its over. Hopefully the manager and the players have learnt something from this season, much like last season when we were not scoring enough and not taking our chances, we came back this season scoring for fun, but conceding on each run, hopefully next season the defensive side of our play will be fixed, and we will be stronger, more complete, with the young squad and manager having some experience behind them now.

Have decided that I'm addicted to delusion and depression when it comes to this season, so I'm going to watch the game shortly.

I hope to see extended close-ups of Noel and Liam Gallagher in tears at the end.

edit : oh, it's tomorrow. Fuck. Thought it was, but must have clicked on tomorrow on livescore when it was after midnight and thought it was still yesterday. Bastards.

24 more hours of pain and wondering, what a fucking nightmare this is.

• Upvote 1

Me too, like a kind of football sado-masochism the pain feels good at this point.

Thought it was like masochism too, it's driving me a bit mad though. Twice since the Chelsea game I've just had to go to bed because I felt so shit, after Chelsea was the worst though as I was drunk too. Not touched any drink since the early part of last tuesday I think, but half of last week was like a living hell recovering from it all.

Anyway, fuck going mental for another 24 hours and fuck football, Skyrim can be played instead.

City must wait until 24 hours before they play, id much prefer this than them playing tonight.

If we as fans find the wait a nightmare, what about them.

Also, Paul Lambert is a sound man, he deserves his moment in our title story. Then for the hell of it, Sam Allardici can get league cup revenge with Nolan in the middle screaming at his team to keep going.