You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Seafood

Bjornebye

Rare / medium rare tuna steaks are omnom - salt, pepper, capers and lime juice, minute or two either side - awesome. Especially in a Nicoise salad.

Anyone eaten fresh Sashimi? (Japanese raw fish slices) Amazing, tastes so different to what you're used to fish tasting like - fishiness smell / taste is in effect, fish going off!

IFFTS-61-40-640x434.jpg

• Upvote 2

Anyone else like ceviche? I've made it before using whiting, just drenching it in lime juice and then adding seasoning and some freshly chopped dill. They go really nicely with some tortillas, a spicy salsa, guacamole and a little sour cream.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else like ceviche? I've made it before using whiting, just drenching it in lime juice and then adding seasoning and some freshly chopped dill. They go really nicely with some tortillas, a spicy salsa, guacamole and a little sour cream.

Works great with bass.

We had sashimi on our honeymoon. The wife was a bit worried about it at first and didn't fancy it but it was prepared in front of us, the chef was brilliant and told us that the fish was in the sea an hour before we ate it. That night we ate our body weight 9BEAC735-B432-4CF3-8DC9-839E8BD4212D_zps[/url]

• Upvote 1

Razor Clams with chilli, Lemon and garlic, Langoustines with chilli, Lemon and Garlic......basically any shellfish with chilli, Lemon and Garlic. Sitting in a seaside pub with a pile of Prawns peeling them and dipping them in a good garlicky/herby mayo. Moules Mariniere with loads of crusty bread.

Love seafood, but Im allergic to cod and something else, not sure what.

My gf and I do some seafood bakes once in a while for a big occasion.

Boil a pot of water, put tons of sauces and spices in it and let it boil a while making a nice broth.

Chop up potatoes and sausages into bite size chunks.

Toss in clams and mussels.

Toss in crab legs and maybe a lobster tail.

Toss in shrimp at the end.

Cover and let boil.  Crab legs will be obviously their red "done" color, shrimp will float, and clams and mussels will open. 

Drain and serve with ice cold beer and steamed vegetables.  Melted butter for dipping.

Haven't really had a seafood I haven't loved yet.  Love all fish Ive had, crab legs are my favorite food item bar none, and sushi is good.  I haven't tried everything but what I have had from the sea is great.  Wish I lived closed to some water.

• Upvote 1

We love seafood. Recently went to the Outer Banks, North Carolina, and ate seafood every night (we like to find local places, preferably a bit off the beaten path so it's not too pretentious and the price is reasonable). They do soft-shell crabs down there as a specialty - you eat the whole crab, often on a bun, like a hamburger. Lovely. Lots of other sorts of crab too, and local shrimp and all manner of fish. Delicious. 

On Friday night back here at home I cooked my famous (famous in my own imagination, mind!) seafood paella dish for the family. It had clams, scallops, squid and loads of big prawns in it. I cook it because it reminds us of when we lived in England and we'd go to Menorca on holiday. Special memories, and food helps to evoke all that...  

Fucking love this stuff. Cockles, Cod, Crab-Sticks, Prawns, Mussels, Sardines.... Could eat seafood all the time

My missus fucking hates it. Were having a BBQ this afternoon and I asked her to get me some mackerel for it, she looked at me like i'd just shit in her handbag 

I often buy a jar of cockles from the supermarket and just eat them from the jar but she kicks off if I eat them in the house! 

Tell her to stop whinging. If anything, it tells her she's still in with a chance of a bit of oral even before a shower. If she likes cheese, its win all round.

We love seafood. Recently went to the Outer Banks, North Carolina, and ate seafood every night (we like to find local places, preferably a bit off the beaten path so it's not too pretentious and the price is reasonable). They do soft-shell crabs down there as a specialty - you eat the whole crab, often on a bun, like a hamburger. Lovely. Lots of other sorts of crab too, and local shrimp and all manner of fish. Delicious. 

On Friday night back here at home I cooked my famous (famous in my own imagination, mind!) seafood paella dish for the family. It had clams, scallops, squid and loads of big prawns in it. I cook it because it reminds us of when we lived in England and we'd go to Menorca on holiday. Special memories, and food helps to evoke all that...  

Do you stick a bit of sneaky chorizo in that paella there?  I go calamari, prawns, mussels (plus said chorizo) for my paella.  Scallops sounds damn good though (if a trifle decadent!).

I'm guessing neko would not be a big fan of Moreton Bay Bugs...

moretonbaybug2.JPG

Lobster is lovely if cooked right. 

If anyone likes fish pies but can't be arsed making their own. Get one from M&S. The frozen fish pies from there are lovely. Loads of fish in them as well unlike other frozen ones. 

Rare / medium rare tuna steaks are omnom - salt, pepper, capers and lime juice, minute or two either side - awesome. Especially in a Nicoise salad.

Anyone eaten fresh Sashimi? (Japanese raw fish slices) Amazing, tastes so different to what you're used to fish tasting like - fishiness smell / taste is in effect, fish going off!

Had sashimi for the first time in Vancouver in 2012. Man alive, it was like nothing I'd eaten before: Washed down with a crisp ice-cold Asahi I was in was seafood heaven. The sushi there was just as good and there was this cabbage-ey thing infused with sesame seeds that came with it. I genuinely felt amazing after that meal such was its quality and freshness. 

I've just spent half an hour googling the place to no avail: If you're ever near Robson Street in Van, look for a place with a plain blacked-out frontage and no sign but for tiny japanese symbol in gold near the front door.   

Had sashimi for the first time in Vancouver in 2012. Man alive, it was like nothing I'd eaten before: Washed down with a crisp ice-cold Asahi I was in was seafood heaven. The sushi there was just as good and there was this cabbage-ey thing infused with sesame seeds that came with it. I genuinely felt amazing after that meal such was its quality and freshness. 

I've just spent half an hour googling the place to no avail: If you're ever near Robson Street in Van, look for a place with a plain blacked-out frontage and no sign but for tiny japanese symbol in gold near the front door.   

This is starting to sound like some illicit, black market restaurant for people who want to try human flesh.