You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty - 2014 Reveal

Allan

Hefty session today. Mixed bag, but mainly me being old, slow and shit. I still shouldn't snipe...

Prestiged and am up to rank 26. Doubt I'll prestige again, though the temptation of Advanced Supply Drops may make me reconsider.

Talking of ASDs, I had some spare money sat in my PSN wallet, so bought 10 of the buggers, (you get 3 free bonus drops too). Score!.

You don't half get some crap in them. I mean, who wants bloody knee pads, gloves or boots, or any kind of custom clothing? The only good thing about all that rubbish, is that you can trade it all for XP.

Every redeemable item of clothing I have ever gotten from supply drops has been cashed in for XP. Most weapons too, as half the variants that I've had the fortune of being given are terrible.

I found identifying friend from foe quite a task at times today, everyone just looks the bloody same, especially when moving at the speed that the game plays. The player highlighting seemed to be really quite slow, with names and colours of team mates taking a second or so to display, so you end up shooting at your own team mate, giving your position away, having to reload, before finally getting bum rushed by some douche with a BAL-27 Inferno/Obsidian Steed, and his girlfriend with her ASM1 Speakeasy/Strider.

Still enjoying the game, though there are still one or two little things that bug me, including the navigational speed of the menus, or lack thereof...

• Upvote 1

The girlfriend with the Speakeasy would be me hiding near TK in my experience.

You have a gift for hating every weapon I use on every version of CoD. 

I've had problems with the delay in showing names myself, sitting with a sniper taking shots and not getting hit markers and then eventually it shows they are on my side. 

• Upvote 1

The girlfriend with the Speakeasy would be me hiding near TK in my experience.

You have a gift for hating every weapon I use on every version of CoD. 

I've had problems with the delay in showing names myself, sitting with a sniper taking shots and not getting hit markers and then eventually it shows they are on my side. 

I've got no problem with the ASM1, or any other weapon for that matter, it's just that everyone on the opposition yesterday were running with either the BAL-27 or ASM1. Had the odd sniper, but I'd say that easily 90% of people were rocking the aforementioned ASM1/BAL-27 variants.

I've yet to be fortunate enough to have gotten one of these Elite variants, so am thoroughly jealous of the scrubs that use them against me...

I'm running with the ASM1 Sweeper in my SMG class, and mainly use the ARX-160 in my primary AR class. I have the AK12 Bleeder, which I've yet to use, but will be doing so fairly soon, so that I can get the XP for the AK12 weapon challenges.

I also have the HBRa3 Bear Fist and Average Joe. The Bear Fist is a disappointing Elite variant, with its reduction in accuracy and fire rate. The integrated RDS is alright as it doesn't take a point of your pick 13, but it obviously prevents you from running any other optic, or just the iron sights, which are not bad on the HBR.

I want the ARX-160 Hole Puncher, and maybe the Steel Bite. I would also like the Speakeasy, as it just looks great with the drum mag. The HBRa3 Insanity would also be a welcomed addition...

The speakeasy is great for a spray and pray merchant such as myself. But if you get lag issues working against you it's lack of accuracy means you're in trouble. 

It;s great for room clearing though, just get in there and keep firing.

I'm mainly running a class with the weapons greed widcard, so I run the Atlas and the Speakeasy and it means I can switch up how I play mid life, Then a really fast run and gun setup which used one of the other SMGs which I cant remember the name of right now and an AR class with the AK12 Elite variant I have. 

• Upvote 1

The speakeasy is great for a spray and pray merchant such as myself. But if you get lag issues working against you it's lack of accuracy means you're in trouble. 

It;s great for room clearing though, just get in there and keep firing.

I'm mainly running a class with the weapons greed widcard, so I run the Atlas and the Speakeasy and it means I can switch up how I play mid life, Then a really fast run and gun setup which used one of the other SMGs which I cant remember the name of right now and an AR class with the AK12 Elite variant I have. 

I'd guess the KF5, MP11 or SN6, as the others, AMR9 & SAC3, are a little quirky.

MP11, it will be, you can tell I've not fired it up much recently when I've forgotten the weapons I am using.

Absolutely flat out trying to get my own thing done so it's just more or less non stop at the farm or away at rallies.

To be fair mate, I'm only playing on PS4. I've only fired up the PS3 by mistake when moving it around to clean the desk...

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't know why people play FPS games on a console. Between aim assist and having to play with a controlpad, the whole thing sucks. I played Hardline on a ps4 the other day. Dreadful experience.

I don't know why people play FPS games on a console. Between aim assist and having to play with a controlpad, the whole thing sucks. I played Hardline on a ps4 the other day. Dreadful experience.

Convenience.

You can switch aim assist off.

If you want to play with a keyboard and mouse combo, you can do that as well. You just have to invest in a compatible adapter, XIM 4 or CronosMax+.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Convenience.

You can switch aim assist off.

If you want to play with a keyboard and mouse combo, you can do that as well. You just have to invest in a compatible adapter, XIM 4 or CronosMax+.

Switching aim assist off when everybody else has it on? I get why they use it on console. Controllers are just a nightmare to use for aiming.

Keyboard and mouse is obviously much better, but not on a TV. Sat with it on your lap would suck. I don't think FPS games are good on the tv either.

I'm not dissing consoles. Just FPS games on them.

Switching aim assist off when everybody else has it on? I get why they use it on console. Controllers are just a nightmare to use for aiming.

Keyboard and mouse is obviously much better, but not on a TV. Sat with it on your lap would suck. I don't think FPS games are good on the tv either.

I'm not dissing consoles. Just FPS games on them.

Aim assist makes little difference to me, as I couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at the best of times, even with aim assist on...

FPS games are my go to, and I have no problem playing them on console or PC, though I will say that playing this version of CoD on PC doesn't appeal to me so much. Players using macro keys to bounce around constantly, hip firing the EM1, as aiming is so much easier with a mouse, as you've said.

End of the day, it's all horses for courses. After 12 hours sat at work on a PC in front of 3 monitors, I prefer the more relaxed feel of sitting on the couch playing CoD on my PS4/TV.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't go near COD to be honest. I'm not a fan of hit scan. I totally get playing it if you're just doing it to relax and couldn't hit a cow's arse anyway.

For me, I play BF on the PC. It's quite a huge difference. To go from being a really decent player to one who can't aim on consoke is annoying. The amount of time you have on console feels strange, too. You can miss with the first clip, reload and still be in the fight. On PC, you get 5 bullets most of the time, 10 if you're lucky. Coming at you at 800 rounds per minute, that isn't long.

• 1 month later...

Latest DLC pack, Supremacy, drops on Tuesday 2nd June.

They've remade Highrise from MW2, and called it....

Wait for it...

Skyrise.

The other MP maps are Compound, Kremlin & Parliament. There's new Zombies content as well, but no new weapon for MP.

I wish they'd make all the MW2 maps again.

A remastered MW2 would be nice... I'd pay up to £20 for a PS4 version of MW2. All shiny and new... (ish).

Mind you, I'm still enjoying AW and have put more time in on it than I have done any CoD since MW2.

• Upvote 1

I'm still convinced these single future for the game would be a standardised platform with a yearly subscription for new maps. Keep the whole game and just build the content all the time.

Mao rotation of everything going back to the first online versions. It would never get dull.

Top up the funds with micro transactions for masks and shit like that for those who care what their character looks like.

I'll not be getting the map pack, my reactions / ability is to shit for the jumpy bollocks and I've barely been able to play the last two. I'm not paying for content I don't get the option to use.

• Upvote 1

Played about an hour or so but like the last few times it seemed near impossible to get a lobby as it would appear I am largely alone in not liking the Exo lark now.

Jumped back to BO2 after that. I definitely still prefer that game, or at least it seems more suited to how I play. 

A remastered MW2 would be nice... I'd pay up to £20 for a PS4 version of MW2. All shiny and new... (ish).

Mind you, I'm still enjoying AW and have put more time in on it than I have done any CoD since MW2.

I'd pay £50 for it.

Best COD by a distance.

COD is a bit shit, to be fair. Battlefield is much, much better.

Depends what you're after.

CoD is much more pick up and go, where you do really need to invest time into Battlefield to fully appreciate what a good game it is. This is reflected in the position of the games in the all time sales lists, with CoD way out in front.

Both games have their place, for me. Both have their pros and cons.

To say one is much better than the other is obviously personal preference, or just good old fanboyism...

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Depends what you're after.

CoD is much more pick up and go, where you do really need to invest time into Battlefield to fully appreciate what a good game it is. This is reflected in the position of the games in the all time sales lists, with CoD way out in front.

Both games have their place, for me. Both have their pros and cons.

To say one is much better than the other is obviously personal preference, or just good old fanboyism...

I disagree with pretty much all of that. The reason it's out in front isn't because of its pick-up-and-play ability, it's because it's a game played by squeakers and is the same repackaged game time after time. As for personal preference, judging them as FPS can be subjective. Hit scan isn't ever going to be as realistic or as satisfying as projectile games, especially when they're done as well as battlefield.

I don't really agree about having to invest time into BF to appreciate it, either. It does take less skill to master, again because of hit scan mechanics. As an FPS game I think there's a fairly objective argument to be made as to why it's a better shooter. Of course you can prefer one over the other, just like people buy more take that songs than other types of music. It's not because they're better, but because you can make a strong objective argument as why they're not musically in the same league as Bach.

Bad example, obvs, because Take That are ace.