You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty - 2014 Reveal

Allan

I have never played battlefield so couldn't comment.

I suspect it is better than COD now, as I think they have all got worse and been poor since MW2.

• 4 weeks later...

A remastered MW2 would be nice... I'd pay up to £20 for a PS4 version of MW2. All shiny and new... (ish).

Mind you, I'm still enjoying AW and have put more time in on it than I have done any CoD since MW2.

It's shit. Cod is all about map control. You don't want people falling out of the sky. Focus on the choke points. Blops 2 was the last good one although it did gave it's problems

• 2 weeks later...

New patch released on all platforms. Patch notes.

Game Update: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC

In-Game Updates:

• Connectivity optimizations.
    • Matchmaking improvements.
    • Fixed a rare frame rate drop issue that occurred in multiplayer.
    • Fixed a rare issue where the underwater HUD would not display after a host migration occurs.
    • Fixed an issue where some Scorestreak and medals were not being tallied when leaving in the middle of a match.
    • Fixed a rare issue where the player could use the Exo Hover ability for longer than intended.

Weapon Updates:

• Fixed some missing geometry on the gun barrel of some of the M1 Irons variants.
    • PDW – increased damage, max damage range increased.
    • MP443 Grach – Increased damage, max damage range increased.
    • Atlas 45 – increased damage, max damage range increased.
    • MORS – increased damage modifier on upper arm hitbox.
    • Crossbow – decreased reload time, increased projectile speed.

UI Updates:

• [PS4] Fixed an issue where players were not able to access the DLC content after purchasing until they restarted the game.
    • Fixed an issue where players were able to accept an invite to join a DLC playlist when they didn’t own the DLC, resulting in the player not joining a match.
    • Fixed an issue where a large number of previously unlocked or owned items could show under the “New Items” menu after signing in.
    • [PC] Fixed an issue where players were not able to select items in the “New Items” menu if they were not in the center selection.
    • [PC] Fixed some minor UI issues with the menu when reporting a player.
    • [PC] Fixed some minor UI issues with the Clan menu when selecting a new Clan leader.
    • Fixed an issue where the player would return to the multiplayer menu after selecting a secondary weapon through the Armory.
    • [Xbox One/PlayStation 4] Fixed a rare issue where Player One would spawn with Player Two’s loadout after equipping an item directly from a Supply Drop in the Firing Range.
    • [Xbox 360/PlayStation 3] Fixed a placeholder image that was showing on the SHG cap.
    • [PlayStation 3] Fixed an issue where emblems would not show on the M1 Irons.

Scorestreak Updates:

• Fixed a rare issue with the Missile Strike scorestreak where the fog settings would remain on screen until the player respawns.
    • Fixed a rare crash issue with the Goliath.
    • Fixed an issue where the player wouldn’t receive an “Out of Bounds” message when using the XS 1 Vulcan outside of the playable map on Compound.
    • Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world exploits on the Parliament map.

Game Mode Specific Updates:

• Kill Confirmed / Grapple Moshpit – Fixed an issue where players were able to use the grape grapple on dog tags in Kill Confirmed.
    • Grapple Playlist – Fixed an issue where players were able to fire a grapple while climbing a ladder but stay in a first person viewpoint.
    • Gun Game – Fixed an issue where the player would not be able to progress in gun rank when getting a kill from the grave after being setback by a melee.
    • [Xbox 360] Uplink – Fixed an area on Kremlin where players are able to throw the Satellite Drone without it being immediately reset while playing Uplink.
    • Search and Destroy – Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck on the Search and Destroy bomb site.
    • [Xbox 360] Uplink –  Fixed an area on Parliament where players are able to throw the Satellite Drone without it being immediately reset while playing Uplink.

Map Specific Updates:

• Fixed various out of map exploits across different multiplayer maps.
    • Kremlin – Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck on the Search and Destroy bomb site.
    • [Xbox 360] Skyrise – Fixed an area where players could get stuck.
    • [Xbox 360] – Kremlin – Fixed an area on Kremlin where players are able to throw the Satellite Drone without it being immediately reset while playing Uplink.
    • Compound – Fixed an issue where the player wouldn’t receive an “Out of Bounds” message when using the XS 1 Vulcan outside of the playable map on Compound.
    • [Xbox 360] – Parliament- Fixed an area on Big Ben where players are able to throw the Satellite Drone without it being immediately reset while playing Uplink.
    • Parliament – Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world exploits on the Parliament map.

Exo Zombies Updates:

• Fixed various out of map exploits where players could remain in place and not be attacked by zombies.
    • Fixed an issue where players were not able to crawl off a ledge while downed in Exo Zombies.
    • Fixed a rare issue where called in Sentinel Reinforcements wouldn’t revive the player in a solo match.
    • Fixed an issue where a solo player would not be able to use the Exo Medic upgrade while the Sentinel Reinforcements were spawned.
    • Fixed an issue where players were able to pick up and throw back a Contact Grenade after it’s been used.
    • Fixed an issue where the player could keep a scorestreak item forever.
    • Fixed a rare issue where a player could fall to their death with Exo Revive, and be forced into spectator mode.
    •  

• 3 weeks later...

Having some bother with lobbies today. My Home Hub dropped earlier in the evening which might have meant I was getting a degraded service from BT for a few games, but there's something off about the majority of the lobbies I've been in today.

As I say, it might all stem from issues that BT may be having and therefore be me causing the lag, but it's the worst I've experienced on AW, lag wise, for quite some time.

Also noticed today that my NAT type has changed from open to moderate. Again, this may be causing some of the issues I've had.

I've dropped my Duma down to only allow hosts that are

Seen some major lag spikes today, which are annoying the fuck out of me. With my router I can traceroute the host, who in the case of the last game I played was based in South East England, about 100 miles from me.

However, for some strange fucking reason, there is a huge hop across the Atlantic and into the US - somewhere around the state of Kansas I'd guess, going by the location that appeared on the router's map. (I had it fully zoomed out so I could see where the hop was going).

It's this hop, and the return hop, that have been causing the lag spikes I've been experiencing today. Going by the emblems, tags and voices of those in the lobbies, I've not been able to identify anyone that may reside in the USofA, so I'm at pains as to why this huge hop is happening. That's not to say that there may not be someone in the States that the host is in a party with.

Frustrating.

I seen you online Al. I didn't bother playing as my internet is doling my fucking head in. Far too slow. My area was supposed to get upgraded to Fibre last month and it hasn't happened yet. My ping is high, I didn't want to inflict that on anyone by partying up with them.

• Upvote 1

I seen you online Al. I didn't bother playing as my internet is doling my fucking head in. Far too slow. My area was supposed to get upgraded to Fibre last month and it hasn't happened yet. My ping is high, I didn't want to inflict that on anyone by partying up with them.

In all honesty, it would probably help equalise things...!

Mind you, despite all my moaning about the funnies going on, I've been pretty dire to boot, which is certainly not helping. My mic is always muted, but rest assured that everyone in the World can hear me...

I'm still plugging away, though not for too much longer. Work in the morning, and up at a silly hour, so off to bed at a sensible time tonight.

Got a few hours in on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Had a couple of questionable lobbies. I'd be in a lobby prior to the game starting, but first spawn into the game around 5 seconds after it had started. This happened mainly when the host of the lobby was based in Germany.

Still loving the ARX-160. I run the Hole Puncher variant with Stock, Suppressor or Parabolic Mic & Hybrid Sight.

I've also recently given the Atlas 20mm a go, and it's my favourite sniper rifle of the 4 currently available on PlayStation. I run the Carnage variant with Ballistic CPU. Overkill with ASM1 Magnitude & Laser Sight for CQC.

I've barely been on this for a long time, between not being able to play the map packs because they only had them in rotation on Exo and me just not being good enough as Exo, there was a double xp weekend a while back and I played like two matches and just couldn't get into it.

I went back to Black Ops 2 and was much happier with how it plays, still the best since MW2 for me. 

Mostly hitting GTA a lot at the moment, now you lot have abandoned me and all moved onto next gen. I can't see me moving onto PS4 for quite a while, I'd need a new headset, plus some games and I just can't justify forking out the best part of £400 quid for two games in the new CoD and Fallout, plus if the current trend continues on CoD I'm unlikely to like it.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough mate. I'd noticed you've been playing GTA a hell of a lot recently.

As for AW, I'm still enjoying it, and I'm looking forward to the BlOps 3 beta later this month.

They had the BlOps 3 eSports reveal at Gamescom yesterday, so we got to see a fair amount of footage, plus the new/updated eSports features - I'll stick the video up in the BlOps 3 thread for people to have a look at, though be warned, you'll have to put up with the CoDCaster commentators...

I just fired GTA up out of interest the a month or so ago as I'd not played it since around the point they gave the bonus cash because of the connection issues.

I was getting towards the point of being bored because the heists are near impossible unless you have people who will co-operate and work as a team then ended up asking for help on one of the GTA forums and joined a crew.

They're pretty active and do a lot of crew events and stuff so it's pretty good fun, because you're not just wandering around the city dealing with all of the random psychopaths. A bit like when I first started with CoD and was playing with you guys.

I'd like to upgrade and I already have PS Plus etc. already, it's just too much of a jump for me right now. If it was say £150 for the console and then my headset as well on top I'd maybe do it, but I just don't see the value just yet.

Fair enough mate. I'd noticed you've been playing GTA a hell of a lot recently.

As for AW, I'm still enjoying it, and I'm looking forward to the BlOps 3 beta later this month.

They had the BlOps 3 eSports reveal at Gamescom yesterday, so we got to see a fair amount of footage, plus the new/updated eSports features - I'll stick the video up in the BlOps 3 thread for people to have a look at, though be warned, you'll have to put up with the CoDCaster commentators...

Urgh, I think without fail I've never watched a CoD commentator without despairing for the future of mankind.

• 4 weeks later...

Final map pack was released on PC and PlayStation platforms today.

Just had a little run through on each of the new maps in private matches against bots. All seem OK. However, what I did notice, was just how slow the game feels in comparison to BlOps 3.

When I first played the BlOps 3 beta, I didn't think it played as quickly as AW, but having now gone back to AW after near on 2 weeks of BlOps 3, I was wrong. AW feels like you're moving in treacle. (Keeping in mind that I only play classic modes in AW).

Just had a quick run out and I think it's safe to say that my time on AW is just about done. I reckon I'll play the odd hour here and there, but the BlOps 3 beta has brought forward the end of the life cycle of AW for me.

Overall, I've pretty much enjoyed this game and put more time into it than any CoD title since MW2. Pity that I was not able to party up with anyone, and have flown solo since release.