You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: Lallana fancies Anfield switch?

tlw content

I can understand people wanting Kovacic, he's 19 years old, extremely talented from the games i've seen him in (which admittedly is a handful at most) and he represents value at 15 million. But has anyone stopped to think, what if he doesn't want to move? what if he's happy living in Milan and playing regular football for one of the biggest clubs in Italy and doesn't want to up sticks, playing in a new league, with different expectations, having to learn a new language etc.

Should we just not sign anyone the second Kovacic, or a Griezmann chooses to stay or chooses to sign for another club instead of us? if Lallana's been targeted, it's been done for a reason, A. he'd consider moving and B. because Rodgers and the committee think he'll improve us. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but it goes without saying that from the basis of our progress, they know what they're doing.

Ian%2BAyre%2Bthumbs%2Bup.jpg

Except him.

He wasnt gettting game time was he.  Mazzarri didnt seem to rate him. Unsure whether the position has changed.

Oh right, I'm a moron because I don't think Lallana would be a good signing or that he's worth £24m, a bit more of what we paid for Suarez, or because I think Konoplyanka is a much better player.. Whatever.

Remind me, who else is interested in Lallana? Why's his price so high?

He wasnt gettting game time was he.  Mazzarri didnt seem to rate him. Unsure whether the position has changed.

Kovacic is a much bigger gamble than Lallana. I reckon 15 - 20m is a decent bit of business for a player of known quality. We know he can do it in the PL and BR may be able to improve him. Probably looking at 10 - 12m for Kovacic but much higher risk. He may have tons of quality but if his head is fucked we may never get to see it. Plus what others have said about him not wanting to come etc.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh right, I'm a moron because I don't think Lallana would be a good signing or that he's worth £24m, a bit more of what we paid for Suarez, or because I think Konoplyanka is a much better player.. Whatever.

Remind me, who else is interested in Lallana? Why's his price so high?

United and Chelsea according to the same sources saying we are in for him. Starting bid of 15m. I'd suggest taking the entire thing with a pinch of salt. Really classy player, but totally different to Konoplyanka.

I don't think he's what we need. I'd much prefer so much money being spent on a direct, pacy attacker and/or a more physical midfielder.

We've got Suso returning, I'd rather see him given a chance to compete with Coutihno and Sterling. Rodgers needs to address getting in the the attacker and midfielder described above along with a couple of excellent full backs.

It's a Comolli signing really. Wait for a player with a bang average career to have an exceptionally good season, then sign him for 4 or 5 times more than he's ever been worth before and pray he's not another Zaki, Jones, Downing, Carroll, Adam, Mido, Santa Cruz, Zarate, Nugent, Papiss Cisse, Jeffers, Drenthe, Michu, Babel, Alfonso Alves (I could go on forever) etc.

Michu has been injured nearly all season, bit harsh lumping him in with that lot.  

He was quality last season and could be when he returns from injury.

Pace pace pace. The first signing we make should be a rapid wide man to help take the strain off Sterling.

We'd be a very different side without Sterling, there's simply nobody else like him in our squad.

Lacazette interests me, and I wouldn't give up on Ben Arfa yet, if anyone can sort out a bad attitude it's Brendan.

And Rakitic, that's a given, but of course the disgusting slags will bring their purses, stuffed with money stolen from burning Russian villages.

I'd also like to snaffle Mangala from under city's noses.

Iturbe from Porto.

But I'm going to be honest, I want Borini at this club. He's top class and I love the swarthy cunt.

Tevez talk is rediculous. He's a top,player but he's a mercenary, he's the exact opposite of what FSG and Rodgers want.

I wonder if PSG would consider selling Lucas Moura? He doesn't seem to have taken off there, but the lad could explode soon.

Lallana was a bench player for Southampton last season. Haven't we learnt our lesson about buying flavour of the month players?

He wasn't. He was the captain and made 30 appearances. He came second in their fans player of the year award to top scorer Rickie Lambert.

Looking at players with one year left on their contract this summer....

James Milner

Hatem Ben Arfa

Micah Richards

Claudio Yacob

Fabian Delph

Jordon Mutch

Toni Kroos

KJ Huntelaar

Karin Benzema

Ivan Rakitic

Iker Munain

Alvaro Morata