You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

Journalists are highly susceptible to Stockholm Syndrome. They get so much shit that when someone is nice to them they tend to be nice back. If you've got a load of managers who hate reporters, don't give them any decent quotes and just want you out as quick as poss, when Mourinho offers you a mince pie and gives you a quote that your boss can sell papers with you're going to love him. He's played the media well but in fairness it's not that hard to do.

Stockholm Syndrome sums up British journalists nicely.

The interesting quote in the article below is that when in his after match press conference on Sunday, Morinihio wished ill health on the journalists present and they all laughed even though his comments were not intended to be humouross.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-0-2-chelsea-jose-mourinho-3469510

If he would have said it to the Italian or Spanish press they would have dragged him outside and beat the shit out of him.

Nice to see gkmacca back on board. His presence was missed during that recent eleven game winning run.

What, you mean when I was very kindly posting a list of streams for each match without any thanks? And making other posts? That run? You fucking whopper.

• Upvote 3

Watch out. Questioning such obsequiousness will get a neg from KMD7. He's like a policeman.

Ha! I negged you for comparing Rogers to the Owl, which is bullshit as there's a world of difference between the two men.  I've repped you many times previously as I think you're a good poster. 

It's hardly as if Rodgers is a soft shite. I have no problem with him showing class to his opponents. The man is a winner and that's not going to change because he texted mourinho, who he is rightly grateful for giving him a massive chance in his career.

This has just reinforced his class, if anything. Classy in victory, classy in defeat. The total opposite to Mourinho.

• Upvote 2

Why should Rodgers be spiteful towards Mourinho who taught him a lot of what he knows and helped him get into coaching properly? Brendan owes him a lot IMO and even though Mourinho is a grade a fucking cunting shit-twat, most of it is for show. I bet they get on great and have genuine decent chats. Rodgers could still learn a lot from Maureen but thankfully he hasn’t absorbed his cunty side that people seem to want him to demonstrate.

Stay classy Brendan, and you too San Diego. 

• Upvote 2

It'll be a shite CL final if Chelsea make it through, because they will never, ever leave themselves open to the counter like Bayern did last night.

Mourinho plays football like it's chess.  It's not, it's football.  If you want to play fucking chess then go do it.

There's no kudos in trying to not lose a game.  If his team can't go toe-to-toe with the best in Europe then they shouldn't be facing the best in Europe.  It's like Denmark in 1992.  Yes you won, you clever bastard, but the achievement will be laughed at in years to come, not respected.

I see he has been ranting about philosophers.  We all know Shanks was a great philosopher when said:

Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass.  It is terribly simple.

I guess if he had a philosophy Shitcoat’s would be:

Football is a simple game based on placing all your players between the opposition and your goal, disrupting the game by wasting time, feigning injury or harassing the referee and, if victory is essential, waiting for a mistake or lapse of concentration to score a goal.  It is terribly simple. 

I know which I prefer.

• Upvote 3

On Monday night Jamie Carragher gave support to the tactics The Cunt employed on Sunday. Carragher said that we employed them in European away games under Houllier and Benitez. He said that we got a bit of stick from Cruyff but what he failed to say was that our media, particularly the southern based journalists, viciously condemned the same tactics.

So it comes as no surprise that Chelsea's manager is being lauded as a genius by London journalists, who also praised his expedient use of the 'shallow' resources at his disposal. No surprise to find that the Portugese Pimp is not the only cunt in the capital with distorted views of what constitutes good football but the press just  might try to be consistent about it.

Why should Rodgers be spiteful towards Mourinho who taught him a lot of what he knows and helped him get into coaching properly? Brendan owes him a lot IMO and even though Mourinho is a grade a fucking cunting shit-twat, most of it is for show. I bet they get on great and have genuine decent chats. Rodgers could still learn a lot from Maureen but thankfully he hasn’t absorbed his cunty side that people seem to want him to demonstrate.

Stay classy Brendan, and you too San Diego. 

Well put mate.

It'll be a shite CL final if Chelsea make it through, because they will never, ever leave themselves open to the counter like Bayern did last night.

Mourinho plays football like it's chess. It's not, it's football. If you want to play fucking chess then go do it.

There's no kudos in trying to not lose a game. If his team can't go toe-to-toe with the best in Europe then they shouldn't be facing the best in Europe. It's like Denmark in 1992. Yes you won, you clever bastard, but the achievement will be laughed at in years to come, not respected.

What a load of rubbish. Absolutely nobody laughs at a team that wins a trophy.

Look, Chelsea beat us at the weekend - get over it.

Atletico need to play the way they did against Real in the Copa final last year. Do unto them what they would do to you.

They won't but I know what you mean.

It would be worth it just to hear the hypocrisy of the man. Remember his comments after West Ham held them 0-0 ?

This is football from the 19th century. This is not the Premier League. This is not the best league in the world ... the only thing I could use was a Black and Decker to destroy the [West Ham] wall."

• Upvote 1

Hows it wrong? they set up to get a result and it worked, we knew how they were gonna play, it was up to us to do something about it and do what was right for us to get the points, for me that was all that matered in that match, the points not the performance or style, bit like how we got the result in Barca a few years back and Cruyff spat his dummy out, for our negative approach etc, well we got the result then.

Absolutely spot on. Some on here are beginning to sound a bit like the sanctimonious Arsenal fans who would have you believe Arsenal have always played free-flowing attacking football.

• Upvote 1

Hows it wrong? they set up to get a result and it worked, we knew how they were gonna play, it was up to us to do something about it and do what was right for us to get the points, for me that was all that matered in that match, the points not the performance or style, bit like how we got the result in Barca a few years back and Cruyff spat his dummy out, for our negative approach etc, well we got the result then.

Its not wrong if you're not a sanctimonious cunt and have a team you spent only a ha'penny on. Jose and Chelsea on the other hand...

Absolutely spot on. Some on here are beginning to sound a bit like the sanctimonious Arsenal fans who would have you believe Arsenal have always played free-flowing attacking football.

I admire their ability to not concede a goal when they feel like it, there time wasting at the start of against us was something Ive never seen and it only happened because the ref allowed it.

Carragher mentioned us doing similar away to barca when we were one nil up from the first leg, I cant remember us doing it at the start of the game like Chelsea but the difference is we were defnding a lead while Chelsea had to get a win for a title chance.

I much prefer winning Rodgers way and wouldn't want to go back to the defensive days like against arsenal in fa cup final where they play us off the park and we get lucky.

• Upvote 1

It is but when he preaches not to park a bus and then does it himself to his own acclaim well then he is fair game for the ire aimed at him and to be outed as the cuntchops he is.

Exactly.

He can set up his extortionately expensive teams however he likes and produce the same turgid shite he was sacked for in the first place but if he goes shouting the odds about how we have a responsibility to play the beautiful game as he has done in the past eg West Ham most recently then he deservedly gets his duplicity highlighted.

He might own a fleet of buses but he's not getting a free fuckin ride

If we had beat chelsea in the manner they beat us we would be wanking each other off and the title would be in our hands.

I still want mourinho to admit he is a fucking prick hypocrite

We would but Brendan Rodgers would never ever send a team out with the sole purpose of not losing

Mourinho has the right to use whatever tactics he wants and he will probably be successful in his bid to become one of the most successful managers ever.

However in over ten years of success he has never built a great team and he never will. History will record his achievements but he will not be remembered and excitedly discussed by future generations in the way that the true greats of the game are